Game Mechanics Acheivement ideas/ Funny Names

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Ok, so these are just a bunch of achivement ideas that I've had. Since I kinda like how in some games achievements can be like a portfolio of progress. Ok so um, yeah, radio the post. Scroll down already, stop reading this. Oh yeah, I'm gonna make a bunch of stupid, joking, and maybe refrence names for these :)

THIS IS PURELY JUST FOR FUN, BUT IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ANY OF THESE TO RE-LOGIC, GIVE CREDIT.

A wild state of Ufouria:
Place and use 4 differnt Pylons in a world. (A joke about the fact that you have 4 pylons set up, AND a refrence to one of my favorite NES games: U-four-ia: The Saga)

Sword for a Master:
Find the Arkhalis or Enchanted Sword in a Sword Shrine located deep beneath the Earth.

Wanna See a Magic Trick?:
Obtain a maximum of 400 Mana [The Most the game allows you to obtain]

Too Hot to Handle!:
Craft full Molten Armor and make every Molten Tool

A Wild Voyage:
Reveal more than 65% of the Map

A True Journey:
Reveal 100% of the ingame map

Fashion Freak:
Wear something in every Vanity Slot

Man, you suck:³
Die within the first 5 minutes of a world without any potions or enemies

Chill Out, Dude: (Or: Chill, Man. Referencing the Robot Master Chill Man from Mega Man 10)
Craft Full Frost Armor and inflict Frostburn on a enemy

Mr. Sandman:
Craft full Forbidden Armor and kill enemies using the dust devils.

Asta levista Baby!: (Refrence to Arnold Schwarzenegger's role and famous line in the Move Terminator 2: Judgement day, where Arnold playing as a reprogrammed and good Terminator uses a Shotgun and says Hasta La vista, Baby when finishing off the T-1000 using a revolver, the Shotgun is the iconic gun though.)
Destroy a Mechanical Boss using the Shotgun or Onyx Blaster obtained from the Arms Dealer

Get Pwned!:(You all know the refrence)
Destroy a Demon Altar using the PwnHammer obtained from the Wall of Flesh Boss.

Terminated: (Refrence to Terminator 2, and Skeletron Primes Remarkable resemblance to the T-100)
Destroy Skeletron Prime

Tiss' but a Scratch: (Various Refrences)
Defeat a boss at under 50 health (Player)

Ok bye, someone show this to Relogic if you want to.

Some are interesting, but I would change some a bit, like for enchanted sword / terragrim (not arkhalis) to be count if obtained in any way - e.g. via from a crate. because finding one is enough of a hassle already.

some seems somewhat unnecessary, like giving an achievement for molten armor & tools, when there's already an achievement for molten pickaxe ("Miner for Fire").
also no point giving an achievement smashing an altar with a Pwnhammer, when there's already an achievement for smashing an altar ("Begone Evil!"). While Pwnhammer is not the only one what can smash them, it's still them most likely choice most players would use anyway, I think.

there's also no much sense for an achievement for Skeletron Prime, when there's one already for killing all 3 (4) mech bosses. OR, give an achievement for the twins and the destroyer too. otherwise it's strange.

I have no idea about the "A wild state of Ufouria" reference... so I dunno. Giving an achievement or two for pylons could be fun though. But I dunno if it makes any sense at 4 pylons... either give an achievement at using a pylon the first time, or one when have all pylons placed on a map. or both. (not counting universal pylon (that could have its own achievement. or the bestiary completion could have its own achievement.)

Also, I'm quite agains an achievement like "Man, you suck". The game's start can be very confusing if you dive into it without any prior knowledge, and the guide's not much of a help either, especially that autopause is off by default, so while you try to talk him, green slimes kill you (and now it doesn't even pause while talking, even when autopause is on! just why?!). You did said "without enemies" (I dunno about potions anyway, the only one that would kill you is Red's potion, right?) which then does not includes getting killed by slimes, but then again, how would a character even die? fall dmg. probably... I dunno. I wouldn't give an achievement for that.
And in fact, while unlikely, it could happen in all the chaos of early game with a noob. and I know I was at the brink of rage-quiting when got killed the 15th time by green slimes while tried to figure out how to "build a house". (it was good I found the wiki). I think it could be quite bad taste to even point out for a noob they're bad.

there do are achievements for getting killed by traps or such, but you would only encounter them a bit later, likely, where you're less likely to be at risk to rage-quit.

@NarutoMaki16
Fishing quests aren't that bad. Sure, the angler can be very annoying, when just gives you money or bait and not the stuff you want, but there are quite some awesome gadgets to get via fishing.
And you don't have to get the achievements from a single playthrough, all characters completing fishing quests in all of your playthroughs counts into it. I got supreme helper minion like a month ago, and the 200 fishing quests are from 5-10 playthroughs. actually it was around 250 though, because at one point, achievements reset to an earlier state for some reason so I lost around 50 fishing quests... that was a tiiiiiny bit annoying... (AKA, super frustrating XD lol) but actually, after getting the achievement, it even feels odd when you try to do angler quests in another playthrough for the fish finder. because those won't add to any achiement anymore XD lol

Fishing quests aren't that bad. Sure, the angler can be very annoying, when just gives you money or bait and not the stuff you want, but there are quite some awesome gadgets to get via fishing.
And you don't have to get the achievements from a single playthrough, all characters completing fishing quests in all of your playthroughs counts into it. I got supreme helper minion like a month ago, and the 200 fishing quests are from 5-10 playthroughs. actually it was around 250 though, because at one point, achievements reset to an earlier state for some reason so I lost around 50 fishing quests... that was a tiiiiiny bit annoying... (AKA, super frustrating XD lol) but actually, after getting the achievement, it even feels odd when you try to do angler quests in another playthrough for the fish finder. because those won't add to any achiement anymore XD lol
XD, i know but, i just find it boring
cus, every time i go too play terraria, i go along knowing what i want to do, but then i get carried away and then do something else, XD

XD, i know but, i just find it boring
cus, every time i go too play terraria, i go along knowing what i want to do, but then i get carried away and then do something else, XD
Haha XD
If you do want to fish though, it can be good if you buy the sitting duck's fishing pole from traveling merchant. it really is something depending on luck... erm... RNG to find, but it can be a huge help with fishing, because it has very high fishing power. and you can get it even before any bosses, (if you can afford it.)
at 30 quest, you get the gold fishing pole as a guaranted reward, so that's also quite awesome. line breaking is crazy annoying though, so a high-test fishing line or its derivates is pretty much a must.

it can be kinda boring, but
you can get tons of really cool stuff from fishing, such as the frog legs or alternatives for something-in-a-bottle & balloon, ores, hardmode ores (in hardmode) many other things, tons of awesome potion ingredients, and other stuff to cook.

plus, the fish finder is useful even outside fishing. the sextant is useful when looking for rare items sold by NPCs too, and the weather radio is generally rather useful for knowing info of the weather - it can help a lot with looking for sandstorms too! the fisherman's notes is also very useful if you're fishing. though it's pretty useless if you don't fish.

Haha XD
If you do want to fish though, it can be good if you buy the sitting duck's fishing pole from traveling merchant. it really is something depending on luck... erm... RNG to find, but it can be a huge help with fishing, because it has very high fishing power. and you can get it even before any bosses, (if you can afford it.)
at 30 quest, you get the gold fishing pole as a guaranted reward, so that's also quite awesome. line breaking is crazy annoying though, so a high-test fishing line or its derivates is pretty much a must.

it can be kinda boring, but
you can get tons of really cool stuff from fishing, such as the frog legs or alternatives for something-in-a-bottle & balloon, ores, hardmode ores (in hardmode) many other things, tons of awesome potion ingredients, and other stuff to cook.

plus, the fish finder is useful even outside fishing. the sextant is useful when looking for rare items sold by NPCs too, and the weather radio is generally rather useful for knowing info of the weather - it can help a lot with looking for sandstorms too! the fisherman's notes is also very useful if you're fishing. though it's pretty useless if you don't fish.
ooh, thank you
i might try using some of those, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Some are interesting, but I would change some a bit, like for enchanted sword / terragrim (not arkhalis) to be count if obtained in any way - e.g. via from a crate. because finding one is enough of a hassle already.

some seems somewhat unnecessary, like giving an achievement for molten armor & tools, when there's already an achievement for molten pickaxe ("Miner for Fire").
also no point giving an achievement smashing an altar with a Pwnhammer, when there's already an achievement for smashing an altar ("Begone Evil!"). While Pwnhammer is not the only one what can smash them, it's still them most likely choice most players would use anyway, I think.

there's also no much sense for an achievement for Skeletron Prime, when there's one already for killing all 3 (4) mech bosses. OR, give an achievement for the twins and the destroyer too. otherwise it's strange.

I have no idea about the "A wild state of Ufouria" reference... so I dunno. Giving an achievement or two for pylons could be fun though. But I dunno if it makes any sense at 4 pylons... either give an achievement at using a pylon the first time, or one when have all pylons placed on a map. or both. (not counting universal pylon (that could have its own achievement. or the bestiary completion could have its own achievement.)

Also, I'm quite agains an achievement like "Man, you suck". The game's start can be very confusing if you dive into it without any prior knowledge, and the guide's not much of a help either, especially that autopause is off by default, so while you try to talk him, green slimes kill you (and now it doesn't even pause while talking, even when autopause is on! just why?!). You did said "without enemies" (I dunno about potions anyway, the only one that would kill you is Red's potion, right?) which then does not includes getting killed by slimes, but then again, how would a character even die? fall dmg. probably... I dunno. I wouldn't give an achievement for that.
And in fact, while unlikely, it could happen in all the chaos of early game with a noob. and I know I was at the brink of rage-quiting when got killed the 15th time by green slimes while tried to figure out how to "build a house". (it was good I found the wiki). I think it could be quite bad taste to even point out for a noob they're bad.

there do are achievements for getting killed by traps or such, but you would only encounter them a bit later, likely, where you're less likely to be at risk to rage-quit.

@NarutoMaki16
Understandable

Here are some of my ideas:

Alchemy Pro
"Craft every type of potion."

I'm Marry Poppins Y'all:
"Use an Umbrella to save yourself from a deadly fall."
(somebody probably already thought of that lol)

Frutarian
"Eat 15 different fruits."
(15 so that the two obtainable from the opposite world evil aren't required)

Where's my Extra Life?
"Bounce on eight enemies with the slime mount without touching the ground"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom