Additional Changes to Water, With Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna leave this here.
88ddc58822e2051e0f4e2e29832ad093.jpg

Hey.. so first things first: Looks cool, but like "Diamondmatter" said, looks a bit like jello, could be improved. But so far verry cool
The thing that bothers me is: Can we have a option so we can change what the water would look like, maybe a on/off kinda thing. Since i almost only play Terraria with my girlfriend and the game is a bit laggy for her right now. And if the version comes out, i fear that its unplayable for her. :dryadcry:

Hey.. so first things first: Looks cool, but like "Diamondmatter" said, looks a bit like jello, could be improved. But so far verry cool
The thing that bothers me is: Can we have a option so we can change what the water would look like, maybe a on/off kinda thing. Since i almost only play Terraria with my girlfriend and the game is a bit laggy for her right now. And if the version comes out, i fear that its unplayable for her. :dryadcry:
Skiphs stated that there will be options to lower, or disable these physics, as well as the heat distortion effect added in 1.3.3

Adding the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff when jumping inside and outside of water would be a really nice touch. Also, making the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff make you slightly slower and making your clothes/armor slightly more darker would be an even nicer touch.
If that is implemented, then it would be similar as Cold Water in Expert Mode right?

Wow... This is well done... to be honest...
BUT! It can be more realistic! you just have to make water be affected by wind to make small waves, and ocean having huge waves :3
... is water even being affected by the wind at all in the videos?

Last edited:
They are gifs so they should be animating for you automatically.

Here is where you can also see them (listed in order as the first post)

Current 1.3.3
New Version (before community feedback)
New Version with edits as requested by the community

Current - Underground
New Water - Underground
Edits as requested by Community - Underground

gifs? never seen gifs with a play/pause button before, but yeah, they weren't working for me, strangely.

those links do, though... that does look pretty cool.

thanks for the links. :dryadhappy:

i don't see what is Different at the Community Feedback one
One of the most obvious difference to me is that when the bunny rider walks through the water in the older one, there is a single strong ripple trailing behind it. In the newer one, ripples spread out on both sides, which looks a little more natural.

It's great to see the game developing so quickly and graphically, it just seems to get better and better and amazing job on the water physics looks very nice

I feel like honey should have totally different physics, to match the thickness of honey. and maybe lava would be slightly thicker, even with some bubbles that would cause ripples when they pop

I feel like honey should have totally different physics, to match the thickness of honey. and maybe lava would be slightly thicker, even with some bubbles that would cause ripples when they pop
Excellent point, but I would be surprised if they haven't already thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom