Alternates are a bad idea.

The idea of crimson was actually very cool. It allows for several different types of gameplay, and even though it's not as developed as the Corruption, I always seem to enjoy crimson more. (I might be biased because I made a vertebrae farm, but nonetheless.) In fact, I prefer the crimson. But I see your pain on alternative ores and what not, it didn't seem necessary (though I love orichalcum).

Terraria is quite a lot of RNG, and there are some things you cant control or decide. You don't decide when you want your NPC's to come, you don't decide when a slime spawns, you cant control where the floating islands are when you spawn,You cant control what you find in a chest, and a whole lot more other non choices.
But, you're not complaining about where shadow chests are in the underworld, or which side the dungeon is in, or where are caves in the underground snow biome. I'm not sure how this idea came to mind because you were trying to find platinum, but removing a biome from the game is hard. Especially crimson. Removing big parts of the game can make gamers upset. And last but not least, In crimson there are vampire knives, which you dont like according to your post. If you do like them, then pick one, remove crimson, make gamers upset, remove vamp knives, or keep crimson keep vamp knives, an keep alot of gamers happy.
In conclusion, Crimson needs to stay. Once a biome always a biome.

Honestly, I kind of feel the same way. I never really liked alternates, and it wasn't until 1.2.4 introduced an awesome underground theme for the crimson that I stopped thinking that the crimson was a complete waste of time for the devs. I always though it would have made a hundred times more sense to put that effort into making a new biome that co-exists with the corruption. As an alternate, The crimson is forced to fill in the gap left by the corruption that it replaced. It has to be equal to the corruption so there isn't a definitive better biome that everyone would rather have, but it also has to be different enough to justify adding it in the first place. Even after going through all the trouble to make a good alternate, it still doesn't feel as good to only have one biome at a time as it would to have both.

I'm not a big fan of the Crimson, as I find the theme a bit icky, but that's okay. I don't need to play a Crimson world. Regarding the ores: my current world has platinum instead of gold, but I have enough gold bars from chests (didn't even open any crates yet) and the extractinator that I can make everything that I want that's exclusively made from gold. Extractinators are very common in my world. I took the first few with me, but now they just stay in the cabins with all the looms and kegs.

Also, if you want to have a small corner of Crimson in your Corruption world, you don't need red solution. Just take some blocks of crimstone or crimsand and inject them into some unused corner of the caverns. Make sure you limit the spread (or not, depending on personal preference). That takes a bit longer, but during hardmode, it should be quick enough. Just take more seeds if you want a quicker spread.

I have nothing against the alt ores/crimson except for the fact it's just better than the originals. I just don't see the point of that

The equipment is mildly better (well, ok, Crimson Armor is kinda ridiculous compared to Shadow), but yet... Corruption is far easier to deal with usually. But then Ichor Bullets are awesome for melee characters.

w8, my crimson world has both platinum and diamonds. what am i doing wrong about having diamond staff in crimson world? (been playing for only about a month tho, being a newb still, so I apologize if the question if dumb)

w8, my crimson world has both platinum and diamonds. what am i doing wrong about having diamond staff in crimson world? (been playing for only about a month tho, being a newb still, so I apologize if the question if dumb)
Getting either gold or platinum and getting crimson or corruption have nothing to do with each other. Aslo diamonds are on every world. Its the treads fault for making it seem that gold only comes with crimson.

Ah, thank you for clarifying the main idea of the post starter :) it does seem that he hates crimson for having gold instead of platinum ore.
The only thing that makes me unhappy is that i have to start a new world in order to get both achievements for world eater and brain of cthulhu.

Yes, because nobody gets tired of the same old thing. Since when does a crimson world only have platinum? I have mined gold plenty of times on crimson worlds.

Step 1: Go to suggestions subforum.

Step 2: Suggest the ability to choose whether your world has Crimson or Corruption, Gold or Platinum, on worldgen.

Step 3: PROFIT?!

Back
Top Bottom