Anime General Discussion

I've found it impossible to watch any animes this year, hype of AoT season 2 is holding me back.
Trust me, I'm reading the manga, and Attack on Titan season 2 is not going to be that great. (Not that it was that great anyway, but still.) All I can say is it's getting progressively worse.

Trust me, I'm reading the manga, and Attack on Titan season 2 is not going to be that great. (Not that it was that great anyway, but still.) All I can say is it's getting progressively worse.
Hmm don't tempt me wiki stuff up, but clear one thing up, worse as in the story all together sucks and clichés are ruining it even more or something or is poop hitting the fan for the characters or something?

Are there any animes out there like Nichijou? I'm having trouble finding a comedy anime that isn't part romance. >.<

Hmm don't tempt me wiki stuff up, but clear one thing up, worse as in the story all together sucks and clichés are ruining it even more or something or is poop hitting the fan for the characters or something?
The thing is, there are almost no cliches, but the writer just throws stuff at you at random. So basically :red: is just hitting the fan for the story because it really isn't going anywhere. But they might change it in the anime. I hope so.

Are there any animes out there like Nichijou? I'm having trouble finding a comedy anime that isn't part romance. >.<
You might want to check out Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. It's very similar to Nichijou and has the same kind of humor and light-heart way of telling the 'story'.
Also, before you try out Seitokai Yakuindomo, you should know it's pretty NSFW. Mostly in the jokes and sometimes in the visuals as well.

In other words: animes like Ergo Proxy and Gantz.
Sorry for being this specific but there has to be one like this. I just can't find it!
Try Speed Grapher or Technolzye, or Monster.
I've heard that these are damn great on an actual serious district.
Minami-ke.
There's a small element of romance in it, but it's more of a running gag than anything.

My favorite types of anime mainly include psychological (Death Note, Psycho-Pass) and Fantasy (Naruto, Claymore)

Anime I'm watching now includes Yona of the Dawn and rewatching .Hack//Sign. Yona of the Dawn is a great hidden gem and should be watched by everyone as it includes elements that everyone can enjoy.

@Persecutor you may enjoy an anime called 11 Eyes. I consider it a great anime, it meets all of your conditions and is very underrated. Not sure how popular Psycho-Pass is but it is also a great one if you haven't seen it yet.

@Persecutor you may enjoy an anime called 11 Eyes. I consider it a great anime, it meets all of your conditions and is very underrated. Not sure how popular Psycho-Pass is but it is also a great one if you haven't seen it yet.
You've made my day more than you could imagine: because when I made a google research about it I've found out that the first lines of its intro, and also the subtitles of each episode are in Hungarian (which I am)! It's the little things like this that count.
Also, a big thanks to all who took the trouble and answered my question. It will took some time to watch through them all.

Can someone recommend me an anime that stands by these conditions:
-Unknown/underrated, so no Death Note, Bleach, etc.
-Series if preferable, but films are okay too.
-Dark themed, with complex plot, twists, conspiracies etc.
-Not afraid to include blood, but no Happy Tree Friends; I'm not watching it for the gore but I don't want to watch Pokémon either.
-Can include mature themes but shouldn't focus on "plot", if I wanted that, I would watch a hentai.
-Fighting scenes are welcome, especially if epic, but no overpowered characters (Hellsing/DragonballZ) when they knock off a skyscraper with a blink.
-No childish animation style, sweat drops and red crosses appearing at the head, overreacting Jim-Carreyish, annoying pink haired screaming creatures which murder the perfect mood of a good murder mystery (7th episode of Darker than Black).
-No American clichés like the hero turning off the bomb at the last second, thus saving the world from the evil nazis and riding into the sunshine.

In other words: animes like Ergo Proxy and Gantz.
Sorry for being this specific but there has to be one like this. I just can't find it!

You might give GARO the Animation a try. It's a bit dark and I haven't heard to many people talk about it. There is little skin ship here and there but it doesn't go out of it's way to show it to you. More like it's not shy about it but don't want to rely on it ether. Gantz shows a lot more. There are some good fight scenes but I wouldn't say they are over powered, at least not given who they go up against. I do like the armor they wear to fight demons but there is a plot going on beyond that. There is blood but not enough to turn me away. It is mostly serious but there is some humor involved.

Elfen Lied is one of the great animes. It certainly gets a place in my top 5 along with its sister Brynhildr in the Darkness. It is pretty emotional when you look past the massacre of the 1st episode.

I'm watching an anime called Shuffle! right now. It is a pretty good harem anime. Based off a visual novel like School Days and 11 Eyes. It probably won't have as dark an ending as School Days. I'm considering getting the School Days visual novel soon since most of the endings are pretty good. The anime shows one of the worst endings of the vn.

If you want blood and tits, Ninja Scroll (the movie, NOT THE SERIES) did it way better than Elfen Lied, and it's a single movie instead of a dragging series.

+1 for Ninja Scroll.

Elfen Lied is one of the great animes. It certainly gets a place in my top 5 along with its sister Brynhildr in the Darkness. It is pretty emotional when you look past the massacre of the 1st episode.

I'm watching an anime called Shuffle! right now. It is a pretty good harem anime. Based off a visual novel like School Days and 11 Eyes. It probably won't have as dark an ending as School Days. I'm considering getting the School Days visual novel soon since most of the endings are pretty good. The anime shows one of the worst endings of the vn.
Ah yes, school days was one of my favorites for a while. Even though the anime itself was :red:, the ending will always have a place in my heart. Not because the MC deserved it, but because of the emotions I had while watching it - An anime that doesn't manage to give you any negative emotions or leave you thinking about it for a very long time isn't a good anime imho.
Good examples of 'good' anime are Angel Beats, FMA (Ed..ward), Code Geass (SPOILER ALERT: Lelouch didn't actually die, pm me if you want to know why SPOILER ENDING), and some other anime that I am too lazy to remember. I only picked the ones that most people know, not gonna mention the ones that only otakus/weaboos know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom