tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey there! :)
That is happening because of a conflict, are you sure your mods are up to date?
Otherwise, try checking mod by mod to see which one is causing the issue.
As far as we know, it is nothing with Auto Chests.
Sorry, it wasnt Auto Chests.
I am not really sure what it was, but it is gone now.

Last edited:
I disabled old mods, which were Omniswing and MaxStacks+, it did not help.
I have many mods by jopojelly, but my main are Calamity and Fargo's.
Everything worked fine until the fire nation attacked the mod updated.

In my case, it was Experience and Classes causing the conflict. My tip is, start a new world/character only with Auto Chests and try to craft from a chest.
If it works, then it's a compatibility issue. Proceed to test each mod on top of Auto Chests until you figure out which one.

In my case, it was Experience and Classes causing the conflict. My tip is, start a new world/character only with Auto Chests and try to craft from a chest.
If it works, then it's a compatibility issue. Proceed to test each mod on top of Auto Chests until you figure out which one.
Found the mod that caused this.
It was YoyoAttackSpeedWorkaround.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make it so the ore gatherer can potentially grab ores from other mods? Namely things like Calamity and Thorium.

That's something I'm considering implementing in a future update. I need to figure out how to support any combination of installed mods, and avoid breaking progression (ex. if an ore only spawns after a certain boss is killed).

That's something I'm considering implementing in a future update. I need to figure out how to support any combination of installed mods, and avoid breaking progression (ex. if an ore only spawns after a certain boss is killed).
Maybe make the ore mining chest upgradeable? Requiring some of the new ore to craft a higher tier? Fargo's Mutant Mod has a great example of soul items that can be crafted both with and without mod items.

It might be best to just have craftableable auto chests specifically for each other mods that require modded items to craft.
Adding conditional recipes to upgrade the ore chest sounds like a pain in the :red: but Fargo somehow manages, I'm in his discord and I saw his coding for some recipes and it's a lot of if/than :red: just to tweak everything based on exactly what is installed...
I know tMod updated recently and it broke 90% of mods so i've been taking a break until everything gets caught up @.@
I had such an awful time just getting my modlist to load (i have a lot) i haven't played in so long.
But i'm glad Ef is updating, his mods are "Must haves" for me. (i really dig quality of life things like this and it just overall improves the game in such a way that i will not play without it anymore)
You've spoiled me! :D

Maybe make the ore mining chest upgradeable? Requiring some of the new ore to craft a higher tier? Fargo's Mutant Mod has a great example of soul items that can be crafted both with and without mod items.

If that ends up being the only way to make it work I'll do that, but I want to avoid adding redundant stuff. I know Fargo's mod has other mod-dependent stuff, I'll have to see how he does it.
[doublepost=1497924768,1497924691][/doublepost]
It might be best to just have craftableable auto chests specifically for each other mods that require modded items to craft.
Adding conditional recipes to upgrade the ore chest sounds like a pain in the :red: but Fargo somehow manages, I'm in his discord and I saw his coding for some recipes and it's a lot of if/than :red: just to tweak everything based on exactly what is installed...
I know tMod updated recently and it broke 90% of mods so i've been taking a break until everything gets caught up @.@
I had such an awful time just getting my modlist to load (i have a lot) i haven't played in so long.
But i'm glad Ef is updating, his mods are "Must haves" for me. (i really dig quality of life things like this and it just overall improves the game in such a way that i will not play without it anymore)
You've spoiled me! :D

Sorry for spoiling your mod-free experience ;p.

=/ recently the auto chests havnt been working for me they just dont gather stuff when i put the required tool in them

Which chest specifically? Some of them need the tool to be in the first slot (upper left).
the ore chest i put the molten pickaxe into the top left but nothing happens <_< i even tryed to go back to the demonnight pick which was working with it but it still doesnt work

My chest doesn't restock anymore, I doesn't get any messages like "Chest got refilled" after the night ends
Are there any known mods that conflict with the Auto Chests?
(Sry for my bad english, I try my best)

Last edited:
My chest doesn't restock anymore, i think its a mod that inflict it
Are there any known mods that conflikt with the Auto Chests?

Someone previously mentioned "Yoyo Attack Speed Workaround" as conflicting. Other than that, I really have no idea, there are a ton of mods out there. Anything that modifies chests would be the most likely, I don't think new items/enemies would affect any part of the mod.
[doublepost=1498159204,1498159082][/doublepost]
the ore chest i put the molten pickaxe into the top left but nothing happens <_< i even tryed to go back to the demonnight pick which was working with it but it still doesnt work

Did you install any mods before it stopped working?

Someone previously mentioned "Yoyo Attack Speed Workaround" as conflicting. Other than that, I really have no idea, there are a ton of mods out there. Anything that modifies chests would be the most likely, I don't think new items/enemies would affect any part of the mod.
[doublepost=1498159204,1498159082][/doublepost]

Did you install any mods before it stopped working?

Ok i found the conflicting mod, it was the Spirit Mod

I fixed it. disabled simpleautochests. reload the mods. go into the world that has the chests placed down. leave. enable simpleautochests. relead mods. go into world again. and its fixed your welcome.

I fixed it. disabled simpleautochests. reload the mods. go into the world that has the chests placed down. leave. enable simpleautochests. relead mods. go into world again. and its fixed your welcome.

Been playin online with a friend and we tried this hasnt done a thing.
Either 2 things happen:
-The chests get rename to :CHEST and lose the gathering capability and you are unable to destroy them as it thinks there are itens there <- visually dont change
-Chests name dont change but dont gather anything <- visually dont change as well

Either way we havent been able to make the mod work again*.

*NOTE: This is in a server with 2 people. Both of us have the world for testing and if it is in singleplayer the mods works. Its only having this problem in multiplayer.

Been playin online with a friend and we tried this hasnt done a thing.
Either 2 things happen:
-The chests get rename to :CHEST and lose the gathering capability and you are unable to destroy them as it thinks there are itens there <- visually dont change
-Chests name dont change but dont gather anything <- visually dont change as well

Either way we havent been able to make the mod work again*.

*NOTE: This is in a server with 2 people. Both of us have the world for testing and if it is in singleplayer the mods works. Its only having this problem in multiplayer.

Okay, that's really weird. Something must have really changed in tModloader 0.10.0.1. I'll try to fix this as soon as I can, lots of people are having these problems.
[doublepost=1498439678,1498439642][/doublepost]
Same problem on single player. Also, I can't find the mod on the browser? Are you updating it?

Don't know why it wouldn't be on the mod browser, I haven't touched it since the last update.

Edit: I can find it on the browser, check your criteria (upper left) as Potato152 suggested.

Last edited:
Okay, that's really weird. Something must have really changed in tModloader 0.10.0.1. I'll try to fix this as soon as I can, lots of people are having these problems.
[doublepost=1498439678,1498439642][/doublepost]

Don't know why it wouldn't be on the mod browser, I haven't touched it since the last update.

yeah it isn't on the list just checked it

Change the search criteria
[doublepost=1498439979,1498439912][/doublepost]The game probably "deleted" the mod from your list but didn't delete the data. That's why it doesn't show up on "not installed and updates"
[doublepost=1498440074][/doublepost]I guess my game just broke for a second, restarted terraria and now it's in at least. The :CHEST problem still exists.

Back
Top Bottom