Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just from a different game community that I play on, but it may apply here as well: The age limit of 16 is largely just a recommendation based on life experience and maturity. It's largely possible for someone younger than that, like you, to make the team, if you can show Re-Logic that you can handle these situations without meeting the age requirement. I know this may not be the case for Terraria, but it's worth a shot anyway, right?
They already said that someone has to be 16 in order to be a beta tester and agree to the NDA, and I doubt they're going to be making any exceptions to that.
also... people are supposed to be at least 13 to join the forums...

They already said that someone has to be 16 in order to be a beta tester and agree to the NDA, and I doubt they're going to be making any exceptions to that.
also... people are supposed to be at least 13 to join the forums...
Beta testing counts as a normal, adult job, you get paid for it and you also sign NDA, so it's obvious, they can't take anyone below 16, no matter how mature someone is. It would be against a law. Also school.

Beta testing counts as a normal, adult job, you get paid for it and you also sign NDA, so it's obvious, they can't take anyone below 16, no matter how mature someone is. It would be against a law. Also school.

Beta testers get paid? Are you sure about that?

To the best of my knowledge, this is a volunteer position, same as the forum staff. Re-Logic is not hiring beta testers as employees or contract personnel.

I don't think I will be a beta-tester, I can't keep my mouth shut.

Oh and I'm 15. That also kinda ruins the chances of making an application.

Still, I wish success to those that do become a beta tester.

I don't think I will be a beta-tester, I can't keep my mouth shut.

Oh and I'm 15. That also kinda ruins the chances of making an application.

Still, I wish success to those that do become a beta tester.
As long as you are 16 when you sign the NDA that should be fine.

If they do, sweet! I'll finally be able to make rent for this month. :D

I'm not sure how being paid by someone off-shore works. But if it has to meet the minimum wage of where that person lives, there'd be a tonne of expectations for being paid £6.70/hour. For those that don't know, that's the minimum wage for the UK, which for those American folks converts to $10.18 by today's rates.

To clarify, I'm just speaking out thought, not suggesting that I thought this would be paid work.

I'm not sure how being paid by someone off-shore works. But if it has to meet the minimum wage of where that person lives, there'd be a tonne of expectations for being paid £6.70/hour. For those that don't know, that's the minimum wage for the UK, which for those American folks converts to $10.18 by today's rates.

To clarify, I'm just speaking out thought, not suggesting that I thought this would be paid work.

Bit weird that in that case, one hour of testing would be enough to actually buy Terraria.

Me neither, I was somewhat curious myself, just tried too much assumptions. I'd still rather do that for help and fun, and it would give me some experience in actual Beta Testing.

As long as I remember, beta-testing was always something voluntary, except for the members of the development team. Did something change
while I was asleep? :D
Still, beta-testing is always fun. Apart from experiencing new content, you get a game full of glitches that are fun to mess around with. (just like released Fallout 4)

As long as I remember, beta-testing was always something voluntary, except for the members of the development team. Did something change

No. I can personally tell you that it is a completely voluntary position, you are not getting paid wages for helping Re-logic test their game(s). Nothing has changed since then.

Guess it was and I was just too stupid for a moment. I remember the last time on TO it worked the same way.
And I like idea of beta-testing, as I always prefer to find multiple bugs and glitches in games, not to mention helping devs in upgrading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom