Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't had any updates on the sky build these past few days. I had a family emergency, and am out of town for a few days more. I'll return to the project when I get access back to my desktop.

That Nightmare Before Christmas village is amazing! My girlfriend and I are both huge fans c: If you've still got access to it, would you consider sticking it in the downloads tab? :D

Thank you! I'm glad you two liked it. I could transfer the build into a new world, and put the download up for you, but I'm not sure you'll enjoy the build in game as much. It wasn't built to be played on, so you can't even walk from one edge of Halloween town to the other without having to jump through an obstacle course. If you still want it, however, I'll get it up as soon as I get back home.

Sorry I haven't had any updates on the sky build these past few days. I had a family emergency, and am out of town for a few days more. I'll return to the project when I get access back to my desktop.

Thank you! I'm glad you two liked it. I could transfer the build into a new world, and put the download up for you, but I'm not sure you'll enjoy the build in game as much. It wasn't built to be played on, so you can't even walk from one edge of Halloween town to the other without having to jump through an obstacle course. If you still want it, however, I'll get it up as soon as I get back home.

I was thinking about it and ultimately decided I'd stick it in a lit area underneath my arena that I do melee or ranged for the pumpkin moon on :p
And even still if I want to make a village out of it, I'm sure I could alter it :D

Hi at all,
Sry my english is not so good and keep cool, family going first, take your time. I love your Nightmare Before Christmas village, and i need it for my girlfriend too ;) funny. It would be realy GREAT if you load it up. I think its a good projekt to make it playable without jumping to high.

Peace and Out

Hi at all,
Sry my english is not so good and keep cool, family going first, take your time. I love your Nightmare Before Christmas village, and i need it for my girlfriend too ;) funny. It would be realy GREAT if you load it up. I think its a good projekt to make it playable without jumping to high.

Peace and Out
Thank you for liking my build and understanding my family situation. Your english isn't that bad :) I had no trouble reading your post. When I get home I will post the Nightmare, as I've stated above, but if you'd like, I'm sure I can rework it to be playable and still hold the theme. It might have to wait until after I finish the sky castle (depends on how much catching up I need to do at work). Thanks again!

Thank you for liking my build and understanding my family situation. Your english isn't that bad :) I had no trouble reading your post. When I get home I will post the Nightmare, as I've stated above, but if you'd like, I'm sure I can rework it to be playable and still hold the theme. It might have to wait until after I finish the sky castle (depends on how much catching up I need to do at work). Thanks again!

You're a lovely soul my friend! :D

It's good to be home! I'm still catching up on work, but I had time to revisit the sky castle build this weekend. Upon logging in, I decided that I liked the pieces as just that--individual pieces. As a whole, it felt jumbled, and confusing. Also, it was starting to take too much influence off of my previous castle build, and I want this one separated from it completely. I couldn't really see where it was going, and so I decided to scrap most of the build. I kept the gazebo, because I really like the look of it, but that's it.

I didn't want a repeat of the last jumbled mess, so this time, I'm working on the overall shape of the castle, then I'll tweak it and fill in detail from there (and paint it--I'm going through TONS of white paint). So, here's what I have for you so far--it's just a map image, but the castle has no lights and windows at the moment, so you wouldn't really be able to see anything else anyway (plus, it happened to be night when I logged off).

Map.jpg

The plan from here is to expand sideways a bit more, start shaping rooms, add more stairwells, and then I'll start adding detail from there. Let me know what you all think of the overall shape thus far!

The painting blues....Zzzzz...
PaintingBlues.jpg
Painting Blues 2.jpg

And I'm not even going to think about those walls yet.
*Shivers*

Last edited:
good thing about building in-game instead of Tedit is the baility to place already painted blocks :p

good thing about building in-game instead of Tedit is the baility to place already painted blocks :p
Haha, that's true. I don't use Tedit to build, however (it's too boring). If I know 100% that I like the way something looks, I'll equip the paint sprayer. If I'm unsure, I'll leave it off, place blocks, then paint them after. My plan for the walls is to just knock them out and replace them with the sprayer equipped, but it just takes forever. Even though I use an inventory editor, it's not one I have downloaded (I use an internet browser editor) so it's actually a pain in the but to replace materials, so I try to waste as little as possible (including paint).

Holy crap I love your stuff. Specially the Bio-Sphere
Thank you! The bio-sphere really had me sitting there racking my brain about how I was going to put it all together. I'm glad you like it! It's probably my favorite build, personally.

well, i'd suggest using gameiki's creative mod, it's really simple to use, and has a lot of cool features for in-game building

well, i'd suggest using gameiki's creative mod, it's really simple to use, and has a lot of cool features for in-game building
It's been recommended to me before. Personally, I love my parkour style building, but I'll take a look into the mod ^.^ Thanks for the suggestion!
--Edit--
Gave in and downloaded gameiki. It is a very well developed mod. For the most part, I think I will not use the extended reach, and leave mobs on (just for my own bizarre enjoyment) but the other tools are going to be extremely helpful. Thanks again ^.^

Last edited:
I was thinking about how I wanted the castle stuck in the sky. I could do the usual floating island, but I feel that's a little cliche (especially in Terraria). So, I thought I'd make giant balloons holding the whole thing up! ...just joking. I'm trying out clouds. Here's my initial attempt. Don't mind that most of them are outlines--I don't want to spend hours filling them in, only to decide that I don't like them. The light clouds are blocks, and the dark ones are cloud walls. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the shape of the clouds. Any suggestions would be fantastic!
First Clouds.jpg CloudsUpClose.jpg

I was thinking about how I wanted the castle stuck in the sky. I could do the usual floating island, but I feel that's a little cliche (especially in Terraria). So, I thought I'd make giant balloons holding the whole thing up! ...just joking. I'm trying out clouds. Here's my initial attempt. Don't mind that most of them are outlines--I don't want to spend hours filling them in, only to decide that I don't like them. The light clouds are blocks, and the dark ones are cloud walls. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the shape of the clouds. Any suggestions would be fantastic!
View attachment 8617 View attachment 8616

The clouds that trail off the castle to the right give it an appearance of being stuck in perpetual motion, like the wind has been blowing the clouds the castle rests upon towards the left hand of the screen. It's a cool effect, but perhaps a point you may wish to change if that's not what is intended?

The clouds that trail off the castle to the right give it an appearance of being stuck in perpetual motion, like the wind has been blowing the clouds the castle rests upon towards the left hand of the screen. It's a cool effect, but perhaps a point you may wish to change if that's not what is intended?
I envision it being very windy at that altitude, so I wanted to give the clouds shape accordingly, but perhaps I over did the right side a bit. It does look like the entire castle is moving rapidly. I think I'll alter that side a bit. See? This is why I haven't filled the clouds in! ^.^ Thanks for the observation.

you could still use TEdit to fill in the clouds, just to make sure you don't waste hours on filling anything up you may not like...

also, i'd suggest not completely filling the clouds with only one kind of block, or to leave empty spaces that will be filled by walls instead of blocks... just to give it a bit more depth when seen on the map.

you could even make the shapes inside the cloud be traversable, just for the heck of it :p

you could still use TEdit to fill in the clouds, just to make sure you don't waste hours on filling anything up you may not like...

also, i'd suggest not completely filling the clouds with only one kind of block, or to leave empty spaces that will be filled by walls instead of blocks... just to give it a bit more depth when seen on the map.

you could even make the shapes inside the cloud be traversable, just for the heck of it :p
I think I'll take you up on the Tedit for filling in the clouds. As for traversable cloud tunnels, glad you're on board, cause I was planning on putting some easter eggs in the clouds ^.^ haha.

WHOA! whoa! whoa. i'm going to have to ask you to tone down your uber talent a few notches. it's causing an epidemic of sparkle dreamy eyes, smiles and laughter followed by individuals spontaneously exploding into a cloud of glitter and confetti. good work though, looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom