tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,583 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Wife and I have been diving into this mod for the first time, and absolutely loving it.
That is, until we ran into an issue with an event (Goblin Invasion) killing the game.

The event started, and there's momentary flashes of the bar, but absolutely no goblins what-so-ever spawn.
If we can't get that event done, we can't reforge items, which sucks - but it's even worse.
Because the game thinks there's an active event that we can't actually finish, NPCs won't respawn, and we can't use Pylons.

Calamity is the only mod we have, and the world was created with the celebrationmk10 seed.
We're down to about half the NPCs at this point, and the Witch Doctor hasn't been able to spawn.

Tried everything I could think of in-game-wise. Created paths, checked the sulfur sea, crafted the event starting item, etc.
None of this has worked.

Is there a way to save-edit a calamity world, to tell it that the event has been completed and not currently active?
Or maybe a way to force the event to restart so it might actually work this time?
It's the only problem we've ran into with Calamity - but it's a bit one.

Any help/advice would be awesome!

Where are you trying to fight the goblins? They only show up near npcs and the world spawn, which for celebrationmk10, would be one of the oceans

Where are you trying to fight the goblins? They only show up near npcs and the world spawn, which for celebrationmk10, would be one of the oceans

EDIT 3: So, there is one huge problem with this solution. It appears to have broken every specialty chest in the Abyss (and possibly other places - but only seen in the abyss). Can't open them. They need to be hit with a pickaxes, picked up, then can be placed and opened - but contain nothing on their own. (sigh)

- - - - -

EDIT 2: All my research said that using T-Edit would corrupt the save with Modded/Calamity worlds, but with no other solution but to start fresh, I decided to give it a shot. I moved the spawn point to center map, set the active event to NONE, and checked the box for "Goblin Invasion Done" - then saved and crossed my fingers. ...and it loaded just fine! All of the specialty biomes are intact, the NPCs have began spawning, and we can use the pylons! YAY! Thanks for the suggestions to help keep me trying. <3

- - - - -

EDIT: Well, doing a full bridge over helped us kill a few more, but they simply aren't spawning reliably.
We've gotten it up to 15%, but now they aren't even spawning anymore. (facepalm)

- - - - -

Yeah, the combo of Calamity + Celebration decided to get savage with me.
Dunked my arse in the sulfur sea from moment 1. LOL

Thankfully, I was able to swim to the left and burrow up before it killed me (after a few tries) and make a walkway under the spawn point. (see screenshot)

Knowing about the spawning near map point, I'm about to build some solid terrain out that way and see if that solves it.

Thanks for that insight!

Attachments

• TerrariaOceanDunkNoGobs.jpg
    TerrariaOceanDunkNoGobs.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Boss list (with :redmunch: loads of addons)

Duck King
Dune Vulture
Wulfrum Excavator
King Slime
Desert Scourge
Giant Clam
Eye of Cthulhu
Crabulon
Eater of Worlds
Dark Mage
Hive Mind
Brain of Cthulhu
Perforator Hive
Queen Bee
Skeletron
Slime God
Deerclops
Wall of Flesh
Cryogen
Flying Dutchman
Queen Slime
The Twins
Aquatic Scourge
Destroyer
Cragmaw Mire
Skeletron Prime
Ogre
Slimechanical
Plantera
Calamitas Clone
Great Sand Shark
Martian Saucer
Polyphemalus
Leviathan
Golem
Astrageldon Slime
Betsy
Plaguebringer Goliath
Duke Fishron
Ravager
Empress of Light
Astrum Deus
Lunatic Cultist
Orion Pillar
Stardust Pillar
Nebula Pillar
Meldosaurus
Vortex Pillar
Empyrean Pillar
Solar Pillar
Moon Lord
Profaned Guardians
Providence
Argus
Storm Weaver
Brimstone Elemental
Ceaseless Void
Dragonfolly
Signus
Polterghast
Nuclear Terror
Old Duke
Devourer of Gods
Mourning Wood
Pumpking
Headless Horseman
Everscream
Santa NK1
Ice Queen
Yharon
Mothron
Wall of Bronze
Draedon
Fogbound
Supreme Calamitas
Adult Eidolon Wyrm
Exodygen
Wyrdruffity
Yharim

OW MY FINGERS

Last edited:
EDIT 3: So, there is one huge problem with this solution. It appears to have broken every specialty chest in the Abyss (and possibly other places - but only seen in the abyss). Can't open them. They need to be hit with a pickaxes, picked up, then can be placed and opened - but contain nothing on their own. (sigh)

- - - - -

EDIT 2: All my research said that using T-Edit would corrupt the save with Modded/Calamity worlds, but with no other solution but to start fresh, I decided to give it a shot. I moved the spawn point to center map, set the active event to NONE, and checked the box for "Goblin Invasion Done" - then saved and crossed my fingers. ...and it loaded just fine! All of the specialty biomes are intact, the NPCs have began spawning, and we can use the pylons! YAY! Thanks for the suggestions to help keep me trying. <3

- - - - -

EDIT: Well, doing a full bridge over helped us kill a few more, but they simply aren't spawning reliably.
We've gotten it up to 15%, but now they aren't even spawning anymore. (facepalm)

- - - - -

Yeah, the combo of Calamity + Celebration decided to get savage with me.
Dunked my arse in the sulfur sea from moment 1. LOL

Thankfully, I was able to swim to the left and burrow up before it killed me (after a few tries) and make a walkway under the spawn point. (see screenshot)

Knowing about the spawning near map point, I'm about to build some solid terrain out that way and see if that solves it.

Thanks for that insight!
So this is an issue with the Celebration seed and the Sulphur Sea causing invasion spawns to not happen because the spawn point is set to the Ocean in that seed? If so, we can fix that in the 1.4.4 port, once we have a working test build. We've been working on the 1.4.4 port for a month at this point, hopefully we'll have a working test build soon.

Thank you for posting about this issue <3

at the current rate of development of calamity by the time yhirm is added 1.4.5 would be long since released on TMOD and most ppl would move on from terraria from a lack of new content. so honestly I don't think yhrim will ever see the light of day as after all he was scraped

I know that five more bosses will be released including yarim, that's for sure, but when it comes out I'm wondering, I guess that in update 2.2 - 2.3 maybe in 2.5 if there is such a numbering, and this is another year or two

Back
Top Bottom