tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'm bored, so I decided to class my opinions of the current main mods. :I

Tremor: Outdated. Justified, since they're working on a massive update, which, surprisingly, hasn't come out yet.

Thorium: Terraria Expansion Pack. Probably what Tremor should've been. (And might be once ver 1.3 releases)

Spirit: All Aboard the Hype Train! Seriously, who isn't waiting for this mod's release?

Calamity: Might as well rename it into Insanity Mod, because that's what literally every single thing in this mod will invoke or is.

I'm bored, so I decided to class my opinions of the current main mods. :I

Tremor: Outdated. Justified, since they're working on a massive update, which, surprisingly, hasn't come out yet.

Thorium: Terraria Expansion Pack. Probably what Tremor should've been. (And might be once ver 1.3 releases)

Spirit: All Aboard the Hype Train! Seriously, who isn't waiting for this mod's release?

Calamity: Might as well rename it into Insanity Mod, because that's what literally every single thing in this mod will invoke or is.
@KirbyMaster500, this is a post more suitable to go on your profile. This isn't a post that helps further the discussion of this particular mod thread. Even though you mention the Calamity mod, it's more about the current mods in general.

I know, I tend to be more illogical when I'm up past curfew. Not even sure if I have insomnia or something. :sigh:

By the way, I do consider the Calamity part to be true. This mod has content which is either more powerful or insane than both vanilla Terraria or other mods. For example, Elemental Eruption, being a weapon craftable right after Moon Lord, is the one of the most effective post-ML weapons due to its near-ridiculous DPS. It's a modified flamethrower and isn't the first type to do this, but it's crazy.

There's also the well-known Devourer of Gods, a post-ML boss, that was significantly tougher than what other mods' post-ML bosses. It was more powerful due to its near-instant speed, bullet hell-styled projectile patterns, having one of the most deadliest attacks in the game, and only two significant weak points being the only way to damage it. It's crazy enough I considered it a tier above Yharon, even though it's the other way around.

That's why I like this mod: it offers insane challenges with insane rewards in comparison to other mods, which as I know myself, I'm a challenge taker. :)

(Unless it's too hard. I'm looking at you, Electrodynamix.)

So, how do I install the mod?
I have little experience installing mods, so sorry. :p
You're going to need to get tModLoader, which can be found here.
Then you'll ether need to download the mod directly (which I don't know how to do) or start up Terraria after installing tModLoader and click the button that says "Mod Browser". Go to the search bar and type Calamity. It'll probably show up. Apparently the Mod Browser can be a little buggy but I haven't had any problems with it. After that, click Mods and click Enable on the one that says Calamity (probably the only one you'll have). Click the Reload Mods button and then you're set!

Also, tModLoader has it's own files so that it doesn't corrupt your normal characters and worlds when you deactivate it.

I know, I tend to be more illogical when I'm up past curfew. Not even sure if I have insomnia or something. :sigh:

By the way, I do consider the Calamity part to be true. This mod has content which is either more powerful or insane than both vanilla Terraria or other mods. For example, Elemental Eruption, being a weapon craftable right after Moon Lord, is the one of the most effective post-ML weapons due to its near-ridiculous DPS. It's a modified flamethrower and isn't the first type to do this, but it's crazy.

There's also the well-known Devourer of Gods, a post-ML boss, that was significantly tougher than what other mods' post-ML bosses. It was more powerful due to its near-instant speed, bullet hell-styled projectile patterns, having one of the most deadliest attacks in the game, and only two significant weak points being the only way to damage it. It's crazy enough I considered it a tier above Yharon, even though it's the other way around.

That's why I like this mod: it offers insane challenges with insane rewards in comparison to other mods, which as I know myself, I'm a challenge taker. :)

(Unless it's too hard. I'm looking at you, Electrodynamix.)

This is definitely one of the hardest mods for sure. Although I would say that specifically just refers to DoG, and maybe Yharon (haven't tried the new version yet). The rest of the bosses in the mod, while challenging, aren't unfair or anything like that.

The end game weapons, however, are absolutely ridiculous.

OK so there's a pretty game breaking (and I assume unintentional) interaction between Thorium and Calamity, specifically with the Borean Fang Staff. Leviathan and Calamitas movement speed are reduced to near nil when hit with this weapon. I imagine it probably does the same thing to every other boss. Makes these fights trivial..

On a side note, I don't know if it has to do with this weapon, but Leviathan did not drop a treasure bag for me pre-Plantera.

Not sure if anything can be done about this, but wanted to let you guys know.

Leviathan does not give any drops (for now) pre-plantera, theres drops in the works to fill that spot.
We've been aware of that flaw with interactions between thorium and calamity, but thorium's not our mod, so there's nothing we can do there.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this error.
I have tried reinstalling terraria, tmodloader, and different ways of downloading the mod (Just the mod files / through the mod browser).
It happens with a lot of mods, but not all (Thorium works, but Calamity doesn't for example)
https://gyazo.com/96e7d2a45c4d295cc8d748243624aa6b
This is the error I keep getting.

Thanks in advance!

Leviathan does not give any drops (for now) pre-plantera, theres drops in the works to fill that spot.
We've been aware of that flaw with interactions between thorium and calamity, but thorium's not our mod, so there's nothing we can do there.

I guess @DivermanSam will have to do something about it, yes?

Thanks for letting me know about the bag! I thought that maybe killing it with the Borean Fang Staff triggered some anti-cheat code or something..

I'll just be making all of our hardmode bosses immune to all debuffs, regardless of what debuff it is or what mod it is from.

Yep, makes sense. Kind of..

Well it's probably fine. I'm thinking of something like the Terrarium Sage Staff that applies a legitimate and strong debuff. However, your bosses are balanced within the confines of your own mod + vanilla so debuffs from other mods would only make things easier than intended anyways.

So yeah, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom