tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Two things I'd like to ask about.

The first is that, curiously, when I put flooring down in my world it seems to disappear if I go off screen for a short time. I was wondering if there is a known cause for this?

Second, I would really like to see the addition of more chair types. I really like the armchairs from Tremor, but I very much dislike having to use such a large mod just for armchairs.

Perhaps you would consider adding some armchairs of your own?

I also wanted to say that I absolutely love your animations for some of your placed items. So cute. Thank you.

FO3bL6h.png
Lil update as to the update:
upload_2018-5-11_21-31-9.png

You can now put the plants added by this mod in (or outside of) whatever pot you please, and the same goes for placeable life fruit and jungle plants! If there's other vanilla plants that you think should be placeable in these pots, or if you've made a plant or flower yourself and want me to add it to the mod, please do tell me!
Just wanted to stop by here and show my appreciation for your mod. You've done great working adding things that liven up builds. I can't play without your mod anymore. Buildings look so humdrum without furniture, paintings, and knickknacks to brighten things.

Thank you so much and please keep up the wonderful work. :D
Thanks a lot :happy:
It really means a lot to me to see people enjoy my mod, it means I'm not doing this all for nothing :p
I love you. Max world size with TerraCustom and Large World Enabler is 16800 x 4800.
Alright, thanks! I can't promise that carpets will be placeable outside of the vanilla large world boundaries yet, but they definitely won't crash the game anymore like they used to.
Is there any kind of way to find most of the recipes for these furnitures?
As @Kolaris8472 said, jopojelly's Recipe Browser is a great tool. I am planning on at some point adding a more in-depth recipe browser specifically for this mod, but the aforementioned does the job perfectly well, too.
Two things I'd like to ask about.
The first is that, curiously, when I put flooring down in my world it seems to disappear if I go off screen for a short time. I was wondering if there is a known cause for this?
Second, I would really like to see the addition of more chair types. I really like the armchairs from Tremor, but I very much dislike having to use such a large mod just for armchairs.
Perhaps you would consider adding some armchairs of your own?
I also wanted to say that I absolutely love your animations for some of your placed items. So cute. Thank you.
I am currently experimenting with the carpets and floors to see if I can fix the first issue. It looks like it'll be fixed in the next update!
As for the armchairs, there are currently blank, easily paintable, armchairs in the mod, crafted with some silk and wood. After I'm done with the gardening updates, I'm planning on doing a more domestic update, which would include more armchairs and the like :)

Oh geez, that looks absolutely charming! I have to say, I think I'm in love all over again. <3 ... Platonically speaking, heh. Thank you so much for the deilghtful update! It's getting me in the mood to start building some very intricate gardens.

I keep daydreaming about things that I'd like to see in such a tremendously useful mod, but I also hate to stack my own selfish wishes on top of a no doubt already teetering pile of suggestions. Do you know of any useful "guide" to creating pixel art suitable for Terraria to the point where people could submit sprites to you?

For some reason I keep wanting to add garden hoses to the game. It's just decorative little lines that are similar to rope. Maybe they could be climbed. Maybe they're just laid down wherever you click and look pretty. Maybe there are two variations that merge with each other, sprite-wise: A leaky and non-leaky version that ends in a hose spigot. But that's just wishful thinking and I have no idea if that's even possible, what with the arrangement of the sprites on the spritesheet that comes to mind when I think of spriting.

FO3bL6h.png
A little showcase of some stuff that will be added in the next update:
Wq17cHQ.png

As you can see, the gnomes have expanded to doing other boring tasks besides shoveling, namely fishing and wheelbarrowing. One of them even seems to have built a house. They might take over at some point.
In addition, there's a fancy new plant pot, containing a mini version of one of the strange plants.
The mini versions of the strange plants can be placed with strange seeds, which are crafted from strange plants. I'm thinking about maybe making the mini plants harvestable for dye, although I'm not sure if I should expand the mod to include anything practically useful, or anything beyond but just decoration. What do you guys think?

also the windmill can finally face left:
5QEulTi.png

Oh geez, that looks absolutely charming! I have to say, I think I'm in love all over again. <3 ... Platonically speaking, heh. Thank you so much for the deilghtful update! It's getting me in the mood to start building some very intricate gardens.
Glad to hear my mod is platonically romantic!
I keep daydreaming about things that I'd like to see in such a tremendously useful mod, but I also hate to stack my own selfish wishes on top of a no doubt already teetering pile of suggestions. Do you know of any useful "guide" to creating pixel art suitable for Terraria to the point where people could submit sprites to you?
Balduran made this one years ago: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/beginner-spriting-guide.372/
Tbh as long as somebody sends me something that is properly pixelated (as in, it's basically enlarged 200% so the pixels are 2x2) I can always adjust it or add shading to it if necessary, and add it to the mod.
For some reason I keep wanting to add garden hoses to the game. It's just decorative little lines that are similar to rope. Maybe they could be climbed. Maybe they're just laid down wherever you click and look pretty. Maybe there are two variations that merge with each other, sprite-wise: A leaky and non-leaky version that ends in a hose spigot. But that's just wishful thinking and I have no idea if that's even possible, what with the arrangement of the sprites on the spritesheet that comes to mind when I think of spriting.
That's an interesting idea, one that I've never really thought about before. I'm not sure how that would work in practice, would it be placed like a normal block?

Last edited:
I love this mod. I would personally prefer if you kept it to pure decoration, functionally useful items are abundantly represented in other mods. At the moment, this mod's slogan is like: "contains all the furniture and decoration you've always wanted"
I love the wall clocks and their details (they're hypnotic to watch), I love the blacksmith's forge and its animation, I love the different pots and signs, and my favorite is the princess furniture set! So pretty!
I love how this mod 'completes' vanilla furniture sets with cabinets and wall clocks and end tables and I hope that you have the spider furniture (coming in 1.3.6) cabinet, wall clock and end table ready and waiting.

I had a long post that got deleted when my PC crashed but the main point was that I don't mind a bit of extra functionality where it makes sense, and is still relevant to base building. To me, creating dye falls into that. Adding in a Paint Mixer to use dyes to make paints would help fit dye plants into that niche, and so would adding in recipes to use paper for making both existing and new varieties of wallpaper. The merchants selling them would still have convenience value. I also gave some examples of other "minor utilities", like the combined crafting stations, storage and clothes changing, and a couple that don't exist but I wouldn't mind - the first being if you could use a fridge to get a temporary Well Fed buff, similar to other buffing stations (they would also make sense as storage), and the other being if stoves (provided they only made food) had a chance to preserve ingredients, the way that the Alchemy Table does. I think I also mentioned how the only food missing from my kitchen set would be if I could make Sashimi at a counter.

I also went onto a bit of a tangent about adding in more variations. I know I suggested a few kitchen items in the "dyables collection" based on early 20th century appliances (50's and 60's style...aka Fallout). I know I mentioned how Pine Wood hasn't gotten anything, while both Spooky and Dynasty have incomplete sets. Mirrors that aren't tied to wood may have been mentioned. I know I didn't think of adding Wine Cabinets the first time around, but I'd like them. It was generally a request to keep expanding the vanilla sets when you have time, in that regard. I would also love to see more styles of fireplace and chimney. Mudstone, Granite, and Marble all spring to mind. If there was a Demonite pair, using demon torches and their flame effect, that would be cool (though a flesh version seems more questionable, it might be gory-cool as well), and using bone torches for a bone set just makes sense. Also, I'd love to see snow and ice brick both get an option, using ice torches.

On an unrelated note, neither cabinets nor wardrobes seem to count as a surface for housing purposes, which is doubly frustrating when the base game allows pianos and book cases to fill that role. Also, why do ladders work like platforms, and not ropes? (Edit: I know that the "rope tool" would look awkward, but it's an area where I'd personally be willing to sacrifice visuals for convenience.)

I think the ladder makes sense as a platform - though I did plunge to my death the first time I used one - because you can stand on a ladder. Most of the time I use a ladder IRL it involves standing, just standing higher than I could normally. (Example: painting a house or cleaning gutters) To me, a ladder's primary purpose is standing higher or possibly lower than you normally would, while a rope's primary purpose is transporting you/allowing you to transport you higher or lower.
Vote +1 ladders are platforms. Ropes are ropes.

That said, I like your other suggestions.

I just find the jumping and slow drop on ladders to be clunky. The main advantage to ropes is that they're fast and convenient. Plus, the way the mechanics in Terraria work, it's not like your arms get tired. So you can "stand" on a rope, in that you can stay in one place as long as you need to.

Edit;

In case anyone wasn't clear on the dyable kitchen concept, before our ultra-modern styling took over, it used to be pretty common to see appliances and kitchen counters offered in bright primaries and cheerful pastels. Combined with the sleek, chrome-accented look of older appliances, it makes for a very distinctive style. Here's a few images to help convey the idea.

Fridges: [1] [2] Okay, #2 might be a bit much, but it gets the point across. [3]
Stoves; [1] [2] [3]
Kitchen Sets; [1] [2] [3]

...and yeah, I know that the overall designs of a lot of these are different. That was intentional. I wanted to make the point that the general aesthetic is more important than a specific style. I know that there aren't two-tone paints, but if there were a way to turn two colour dyes into paints, some of those also show how I'd imagine that working.

Last edited:
I've been playing a lot of enter the gungeon lately, & would like to request a painting & a collectable inaction figure of my recently discovered faithful ally: ser Junkan
Ser_Junkan_5.png

(His in game sprite for one of his forms)
(I did not realise how small that image is, I could use that as an emoji it's so small)

FO3bL6h.png
A life-sized chess set would be pretty rad.
vet7ZOI.png

I love this mod. I would personally prefer if you kept it to pure decoration, functionally useful items are abundantly represented in other mods. At the moment, this mod's slogan is like: "contains all the furniture and decoration you've always wanted"
I love the wall clocks and their details (they're hypnotic to watch), I love the blacksmith's forge and its animation, I love the different pots and signs, and my favorite is the princess furniture set! So pretty!
I love how this mod 'completes' vanilla furniture sets with cabinets and wall clocks and end tables and I hope that you have the spider furniture (coming in 1.3.6) cabinet, wall clock and end table ready and waiting.
I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! I'm planning on adding spider versions of all new furniture types, yes.
I had a long post that got deleted when my PC crashed but the main point was that I don't mind a bit of extra functionality where it makes sense, and is still relevant to base building. To me, creating dye falls into that. Adding in a Paint Mixer to use dyes to make paints would help fit dye plants into that niche, and so would adding in recipes to use paper for making both existing and new varieties of wallpaper. The merchants selling them would still have convenience value. I also gave some examples of other "minor utilities", like the combined crafting stations, storage and clothes changing, and a couple that don't exist but I wouldn't mind - the first being if you could use a fridge to get a temporary Well Fed buff, similar to other buffing stations (they would also make sense as storage), and the other being if stoves (provided they only made food) had a chance to preserve ingredients, the way that the Alchemy Table does. I think I also mentioned how the only food missing from my kitchen set would be if I could make Sashimi at a counter.
I'm still kind of torn on this, so I'll hold off on it for the moment.
I also went onto a bit of a tangent about adding in more variations. I know I suggested a few kitchen items in the "dyables collection" based on early 20th century appliances (50's and 60's style...aka Fallout). I know I mentioned how Pine Wood hasn't gotten anything, while both Spooky and Dynasty have incomplete sets. Mirrors that aren't tied to wood may have been mentioned. I know I didn't think of adding Wine Cabinets the first time around, but I'd like them. It was generally a request to keep expanding the vanilla sets when you have time, in that regard. I would also love to see more styles of fireplace and chimney. Mudstone, Granite, and Marble all spring to mind. If there was a Demonite pair, using demon torches and their flame effect, that would be cool (though a flesh version seems more questionable, it might be gory-cool as well), and using bone torches for a bone set just makes sense. Also, I'd love to see snow and ice brick both get an option, using ice torches.
I'm planning on doing a future update adding some furniture for inside the house, that can be customized to have many different looks (think a grey couch with green stripes, or a yellow easy chair with purple polkadots), this feature will replace the dyables collection. I'll consider the early 20th century appliances for that, too. Mirrors, more Chimneys and Wine Cabinets also seem like something for that update.
On an unrelated note, neither cabinets nor wardrobes seem to count as a surface for housing purposes, which is doubly frustrating when the base game allows pianos and book cases to fill that role. Also, why do ladders work like platforms, and not ropes? (Edit: I know that the "rope tool" would look awkward, but it's an area where I'd personally be willing to sacrifice visuals for convenience.)
Cabinets and wardrobes will count as surfaces in the next update, thanks for suggesting :)
I like ladders as platforms, and at least for now they'll remain as such, too.
I've been playing a lot of enter the gungeon lately, & would like to request a painting & a collectable inaction figure of my recently discovered faithful ally: ser Junkan
View attachment 200704
(His in game sprite for one of his forms)
(I did not realise how small that image is, I could use that as an emoji it's so small)
Added to the list of ideas, thanks for suggesting!
I'm downloading this amazing mod regardless, but is this safe to install mid-game? As in, does it have any effect on world generation?
It's completely safe to install mid-game, and it has no features that take place on world generation. Have fun playing the mod!

This is just a minor complaint, but it's started to bother me how nothing in this mod seems to have a gold value. Sometimes, I accidentally make too much of a furniture item, or don't like the look of it once I place it, or just plain want to redecorate. It stings a little not being able to get anything back.

Running into an issue with floors. The game...eats them? I don't know. I'll place some down, they look fine, then I go and do some other stuff for a bit, not even leaving the general area, but at some point when I'm not looking, all the floors I put down get erased. It's not just that they aren't rendering, because neither using the stanley knife nor breaking the block drops the item. They just stop existing after a while.

EDIT...

A final multipost, since I tested and only two out of all the mods I have on (Grealm & Sacred Tools) remembered this. As well as bookcases, pianos and bathtubs (so that a full bathroom with toilet counts as a house) should be recognized as a room having a table in it.

Last edited:
I had an idea pop into my head fully-formed while I was sleeping. I'm not sure how much can be done with connected textures and tiling, but I saw was a black backwall tile with occasional white sparkles and large, diamond-shaped white crystals in it. I woke up just now basically understanding that it was Volcanic Glass wall, and that Volcanic Glass would be crafted either just with sand, or with sand and ash, at a lava block. I know that obsidian is volcanic glass, but I pictured this as closer to a black glass, like the regular glass blocks, with a high amount of gloss and the aformentioned "imperfections" when tiled.

Back
Top Bottom