Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by Loki, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: Thread Purpose has been Served
Lock date: 17:23 12-09-2017
  1. PieOfCthulhu

PieOfCthulhu Skeletron

Since when has Terraria been about constant updates? It's typically a major update (1._) every few years, and between those, some smaller updates (1._._) every few months. Plus, if it were any other developer, this game would be more expensive.

2. Slendar_Hulk

Slendar_Hulk Skeletron Prime

I thought you said q2 my mistake you were right.

3. Maebalzurakin

Maebalzurakin Terrarian

4. EmeraldGuy1020

EmeraldGuy1020 Terrarian

That's what I almost did LOL.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 17, 2017 ---
    They are getting rid of ocram

5. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Spazmatism

There's are a lot of gaps with multiple months between releases in that list, including the big one between 1.2.4 and 1.3. That's a lot of support, but doesn't really count as constant.
    They have not decided what is happening to Ocram yet. The impression I got from the mods was there will be a front page announcement when it's clear what will happen to the console exclusives.

6. PieOfCthulhu

PieOfCthulhu Skeletron

The only constant updates I can see that aren't hot fixes are between 1.0 and 1.1, when the development team was very small. What you're implying is that Terraria was better when it only had about 2 hours worth of content?

7. Matt Kunz

Matt Kunz Terrarian

Hopefully in the console update they allow us to fight in mounts because if I get the cosmic Car key and i fight moonlord I want to fight and have the infinite flight

8. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Spazmatism

Fighting while mounted was a feature added in 1.3 so it's a safe bet you'll get your wish.

9. Ezekial the sky god

Ezekial the sky god Skeletron Prime

Sucks last gen didn't get that for all the mounts they have

10. Matt Kunz

Matt Kunz Terrarian

Ok thank god

11. Maebalzurakin

Maebalzurakin Terrarian

Not at all. I am implying that it would be cool if they released the new code version with minimal content so we can get started on it and have them add in all of the details as they perfect them as patches, instead of waiting a year for a fully 100% perfectly polished version.

12. salad_den

salad_den Terrarian

sorry but a polished and complete game will attract more new people and keep regulars around longer in terraria, may work for some games (ex minecraft) but not terraria and definitely not re-logic, pipeworks and the legacy console porter engine. not to upset you and any other person but make sure you know who and what your talking about before you make a post but that is your opinion and my opinion

13. TheXboxTerrarian

TheXboxTerrarian Terrarian

Yeah XD

14. PieOfCthulhu

PieOfCthulhu Skeletron

Even though Terraria apparently isn't the game you first played years ago? So you preferred it when there were constant content updates, but we only had those between 1.0 and 1.1, and you're not implying that you preferred Terraria in-between 1.0 and 1.1, but the fact that content is released all in one update instead of 3 or 4 updates at around the same time is enough to make it a completely different game for you? Okay.

15. WaffleDinosaur

WaffleDinosaur Terrarian

The delays annoying...but I guess it had to be done. :sigh: It just means the updates not going to be a train wreck *cough cough 1.2 cough*.

Running with scissors likes this.
  16. Lord Crimson

Lord Crimson Terrarian

I really hope this update comes out soon, I'm giddy with excitement :joy:

17. Soulstar

Soulstar Terrarian

What was cool was the dye video Saturday I think. I ran acrossed it (favorites the studio afterward) and the kids saw it n when nuts. We literally got into dyes this past weekend based off the video

18. Matt Kunz

Matt Kunz Terrarian

Lol

19. leelustig

leelustig Terrarian

You guys are friggin amazing. Take all the time you need!

20. Hybridizm

Hybridizm Terrarian

As disappointing as a delay is, I'm all for it if it means that we'll be getting a polished experience when it finally hits.

Although I'm itching to get back to the world of Terraria, there are numerous other titles I can play in the meantime.

I'm excited!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.