Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game has always been about constant updates, new features, additional bosses and content. I don't think there is any other game in the history of games that has had this kind of support from the developers. If it were any other developer, what we currently play would be Terraria 2 by now.
Since when has Terraria been about constant updates? It's typically a major update (1._) every few years, and between those, some smaller updates (1._._) every few months. Plus, if it were any other developer, this game would be more expensive.

Im very aware that there isnt an exact date. On the front page of the forum it talks about the console progress and said that the target release was q3. They also said it shouldnt take to long. Which leads me to believe that it could be early q3 or near the end of this month.:p
I thought you said q2 my mistake you were right.

There's are a lot of gaps with multiple months between releases in that list, including the big one between 1.2.4 and 1.3. That's a lot of support, but doesn't really count as constant.
They are getting rid of ocram
They have not decided what is happening to Ocram yet. The impression I got from the mods was there will be a front page announcement when it's clear what will happen to the console exclusives.

Hopefully in the console update they allow us to fight in mounts because if I get the cosmic Car key and i fight moonlord I want to fight and have the infinite flight

What you're implying is that Terraria was better when it only had about 2 hours worth of content?

Not at all. I am implying that it would be cool if they released the new code version with minimal content so we can get started on it and have them add in all of the details as they perfect them as patches, instead of waiting a year for a fully 100% perfectly polished version.

Not at all. I am implying that it would be cool if they released the new code version with minimal content so we can get started on it and have them add in all of the details as they perfect them as patches, instead of waiting a year for a fully 100% perfectly polished version.
sorry but a polished and complete game will attract more new people and keep regulars around longer in terraria, may work for some games (ex minecraft) but not terraria and definitely not re-logic, pipeworks and the legacy console porter engine. not to upset you and any other person but make sure you know who and what your talking about before you make a post but that is your opinion and my opinion

Even though Terraria apparently isn't the game you first played years ago? So you preferred it when there were constant content updates, but we only had those between 1.0 and 1.1, and you're not implying that you preferred Terraria in-between 1.0 and 1.1, but the fact that content is released all in one update instead of 3 or 4 updates at around the same time is enough to make it a completely different game for you? Okay.

What was cool was the dye video Saturday I think. I ran acrossed it (favorites the studio afterward) and the kids saw it n when nuts. We literally got into dyes this past weekend based off the video

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
You guys are friggin amazing. Take all the time you need!

As disappointing as a delay is, I'm all for it if it means that we'll be getting a polished experience when it finally hits.

Although I'm itching to get back to the world of Terraria, there are numerous other titles I can play in the meantime.

I'm excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom