tModLoader Control Corruption (With Lots of Clay)

Would you use this mod?

• Total voters

Left Click

Terrarian
Hi all,
This is my first attempt at a mod.
After playing for a while and getting frustrated at corruption spread with sunflowers not being adequate enough to stop the corruption (as I am bad at sunflower placement) I made this mod.
It surrounds the corruption with clay upon worldgen.
Still need to implement surrounding the crimson with clay,as well as the hardmode V that spawns, as well as the corruption/hallow/crimson you get from breaking demon altars.

Demon altars can be smashed. After smashing demon altars, use an item called "The Container" which is crafted with 10 clay blocks at a work bench. The Container surrounds all your corruption / crimson / hallow blocks with a layer of clay.

upload_2018-6-28_16-22-37.png
upload_2018-6-28_21-13-59.png
upload_2018-6-30_21-16-30.png
(Click on the pictures to enlarge)
Feedback is appreciated.
You can get the mod from the mod browser in Tmodloader
Github Link
Github Download Link
Thanks to GabeHasWon for some worldgen stuff

Hardmode Ore Gen code is not my own. It is a modified version of Terraria's hardmode ore gen code

Default configs in config file:

"claySize": 10,
"worldChunkSize": 100,
"dontGenerateHardmodeV": false,
"timesToRunHardmodeOreGen": 21,
"hardmodeOreTier1": 221,
"hardmodeOreTier2": 108,
"hardmodeOreTier3": 111,
"disableAutoHardmodeOreGen": true

claySize determines how big the clay layer will be (in blocks)

worldChunkSize determines how many blocks are in each section of clay in the world

dontGenerateHardmodeV - if set to true, the hardmodeV will not spawn

timesToRunHardmodeOreGen - this is the number of altars that are "smashed" to generate your hardmode ore. No corruption/crimson/hallowed blocks will be generated as a result of this

hardmodeOreTier1 - set this to 107 or 221 for the ore that you want to spawn upon entering hardmode (only works if disableAutoHardmodeOreGen is set to false)

hardmodeOreTier2 - set this to 108 or 222 for the ore that you want to spawn upon entering hardmode (only works if disableAutoHardmodeOreGen is set to false)

hardmodeOreTier3 - set this to 111 or 223 for the ore that you want to spawn upon entering hardmode (only works if disableAutoHardmodeOreGen is set to false)

disableAutoHardmodeOreGen - set this to true if you want to generate your own hardmode ores through smashing demon altars - there is no code in place to prevent the 66% chance that a corruption/crimson/hallow block will spawn though

Use The Container if disableAutoHardmodeOreGen is set to true and / or you want to smash demon altars.

Version Changes:
v0.6.0
Made it so that the clay layer will only overwrite corrupted blocks, or corruptable blocks. All other blocks will now be unaffected.

v0.5.0
Added The Container

v0.4.1
updated mod description a little bit

v0.4.0
Added hardmode ore gen without smashing altars, Hardmode V Will now be boxed off into individual boxes underground - box size depends on how big your world chunk setting is
upload_2018-6-30_21-16-30.png
new boxing and worldChunkSize of 100 is shown above
upload_2018-6-29_23-50-38.png
old boxing is shown above

v0.3.2
Added a config to turn off hardmodeV Generation entirely

v0.3.1
Hardmode V is boxed off underground now. Refer to picture (and ask in a reply) if confused
upload_2018-6-30_14-52-32.png

v0.3.0
Added hardmode Corruption/Crimson/Hallowed V Containment with a layer of clay

v0.2.4
Split the world up into more chunks - added a config option for how many blocks per chunk the world should be split up into

v0.2.3
Added a config file for how big the clay path should be

v0.2.2
Made source code availiable upon extract

v0.2.1
Added Crimson Compatability

Last edited:
I would suggest making the clay three blocks thick, instead of however many blocks thick it is now. (to block the world evil, you only need a three block gap.)

Added a config file for people who aren't paranoid about corruption going everywhere and are still using this mod for some reason
now you can set how big you want the clay layer to be. (in blocks)
Its originally set to 10 because 10 is a nice number. Also because corruption thorns can bridge 6 block gaps on the world surface

Last edited:
I love this. i too find difficulty with containing evils, and once in full completion i will gladly download!

v0.4.1 is out!
All 3 goals have been implemented! Albeit the 3rd one a bit weirdly!
Looking for feedback on changes I should make for v1.0.0

Last edited:
You should DEFINITELY find a way to fix the part where you can't break demon alters, and having bosses to be summoned manually. i don't like that part. But besides that it looks great!

I've already started a game, but I'm still in the pre-hard mode and I installed the mod but I have not seen the clay wall being generated.Will it be generated in the rigid mode?please answer

I've already started a game, but I'm still in the pre-hard mode and I installed the mod but I have not seen the clay wall being generated.Will it be generated in the rigid mode?please answer

The clay layer is generated at two instances. 1. When the world is generated, 2. When the world enters hardmode.
In your case, a clay layer will be generated around all the corruption/crimson/hallow when your world enters hardmode.

You should DEFINITELY find a way to fix the part where you can't break demon alters, and having bosses to be summoned manually. i don't like that part. But besides that it looks great!
v0.5.0 adds "The Container" as an item to be used after smashing demon altars. Old solution (Auto generating ores) is still present in code but is now turned off by default.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for this mod! Was contemplating abandoning my current game of terraria rather go through the slog of having to "corruption-proof" it before hardmode, but this was an incredibly quick and easy way to deal with the problem! :)

One question: Is there any way to change this mod so that it only converts dirt, grass, stone, sand, ice, and mud (and their variants) into clay, instead of all blocks? As far as I understand, corruption/crimson/hallow can only spread through dirt/grass, stone, sand, ice, and mud (as well as variants ebonstone, ebonsand, pearlsand, etc.). With the way it currently works, ALL types of blocks get converted into clay, including ones which can't spread corruption anyways and don't need to be converted such as trees, cacti, minetracks, wooden platforms, ropes, ores, gems, etc.

This has made it a bit of hassle to get around just after containing the corruption with clay, since now the surface which used to be flat, has tons of clay pillars which used to be trees/cacti blocking my way which need to be dug out. And several minetracks underground are interrupted with sections converted into clay. I haven't confirmed this, but I wonder also if any life gems, unfound treasure chests, etc. might get converted to clay also.

At any rate, thanks again for this mod!

Last edited:
One question: Is there any way to change this mod so that it only converts dirt, grass, stone, sand, ice, and mud (and their variants) into clay, instead of all blocks? As far as I understand, corruption/crimson/hallow can only spread through dirt/grass, stone, sand, ice, and mud (as well as variants ebonstone, ebonsand, pearlsand, etc.). With the way it currently works, ALL types of blocks get converted into clay, including ones which can't spread corruption anyways and don't need to be converted such as trees, cacti, minetracks, wooden platforms, ropes, ores, gems, etc.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? But I think at this point it's just some tolerable collateral damage in the name of progress. I'd prefer to lose a couple dozen loot chests to some weird clay gen rather than having to waste my time digging holes for hours on end.

I hate the corruption that much.

Still would be nice to have that as a feature though, I agree.

Hello, thanks for this mod! Was contemplating abandoning my current game of terraria rather go through the slog of having to "corruption-proof" it before hardmode, but this was an incredibly quick and easy way to deal with the problem! :)

This has made it a bit of hassle to get around just after containing the corruption with clay, since now the surface which used to be flat, has tons of clay pillars which used to be trees/cacti blocking my way which need to be dug out. And several minetracks underground are interrupted with sections converted into clay. I haven't confirmed this, but I wonder also if any life gems, unfound treasure chests, etc. might get converted to clay also.

At any rate, thanks again for this mod!

That would be nice, wouldn't it? But I think at this point it's just some tolerable collateral damage in the name of progress. I'd prefer to lose a couple dozen loot chests to some weird clay gen rather than having to waste my time digging holes for hours on end.

I hate the corruption that much.

Still would be nice to have that as a feature though, I agree.
Tadaaa v0.6.0 now makes it so that only corruptable blocks / corrupted blocks are turned into clay. Hope this helps!

the worldchunksize part, does that include hardmode activation? and if i made it say 25 instead of 100 it would use a lot more but smaller boxes to surround the evil blocks? also the "dontGenerateHardmodeV" is that the new boxes around the v wherever it happens to be after hardmode activation? if i change it to True will it not box off the hardmode V? also with the container item, does the container surround the evil blocks for their immediate surroundings or does it make the worldchunksize boxes?

Back
Top Bottom