Items Endless Rocket Canister

The significant downside that endless pouches have is a big drop in damage, from ~12 for endgame bullets to 5. That's a big drop, over 50%. If one halves the damage of Rocket Is, that should be enough to balance it out - although I still don't think it's a very good idea.

I don't see one problem with having an infinite supply of Rocket I. Like the endless ammo pouch and endless quiver, you can already buy these rockets in infinite numbers. Having an item like this just adds the convenience that you don't have to run back to the cyborg all the time.

Sure, a Rocket 1 is more expensive than a wooden arrow or musket ball, but it's not a big money sink. Having to pay money for Rocket I is a non-issue. By the time the Cyborg is around you'll be swimming in money.

I'd definitely like to have this for my rocket using characters. :)

We do not only need endless rockets, but endless ammo for every gun (except coin gun, of course)
Support.
Well, I think that's unnecessary. More obscure ammo types suffer because they don't have a good system of ammo renewal. The Dart Rifle is insanely powerful (haven't tried out the Pistol yet) but it requires constant trips into the Corruption to refuel.

infinite_rocket_canister_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d91yvn4.png

Based off the ones in Half Life. Uses the Ammo Box's colours.

By time you can buy 4 stacks of rockets you can easily buy more (4 stacks is 19
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin.png
). A Pumpkin Moon easily gives you enough gold to buy a bunch of stacks, and a Frost Moon even more. The only problem is having all those rockets in your inventory, so I believe its fair to have one of these.

infinite_rocket_canister_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d91yvn4.png

Based off the ones in Half Life. Uses the Ammo Box's colours.

By time you can buy 4 stacks of rockets you can easily buy more (4 stacks is 19
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin.png
). A Pumpkin Moon easily gives you enough gold to buy a bunch of stacks, and a Frost Moon even more. The only problem is having all those rockets in your inventory, so I believe its fair to have one of these.
You have come up with both a potential sprite, and a quality explanation as to why this should be a thing, and for that I give you my thanks where I could not give reason for one so eloquently!

This is an idea that I myself have considered, but I dismissed it, as rockets are obtained after you get access to the crystal ball. Likewise, that would be my only problem with this suggestion.

But that's also a very subjective problem, rather than one specifically of game design, so take it with as much salt as you desire.

Last edited:
Agree, I use endless quiver and the infinte bullet bag, mostly because I have to save chlorophyte for the Drill Containment Unit, so I use infinite arrows and bullets for regular enemies and weak events

What, do you want a special crystal ball that can only be obtained after rockets are available, for the sole purpose of making endless rocket canisters?
I don't recall saying that, and it was never my intent imply that.

You'll notice that I stated that I dismissed the idea entirely, rather than coming up with the idea of make some bull:red: specialized crafting station. Don't put words in my mouth.

Just state what's wrong with THIS item.

Do you have evidence to back up this claim or is it just speculation?
What's wrong with it? well... first of all... there is only 4 types of ammo for rockets so you are only losing out on a little base damage (comparing to loosing effects with musket punch and quiver). Second this suggestion will make the cyborg literally useless, as the only thing he sells is rockets and a single weapon.

'Do you have evidence to back up this claim or is it just speculation?' Here is the wiki http://terraria.wiki.gg/Ranged_weapons count how many explosive weapons there are, then count the total bows/repeaters and bullet consuming guns. There are less rocket consuming weapons and that is indeed FACT and you cannot argue with FACT.

This is an idea that I myself have considered, but I dismissed it, as rockets are obtained after you get access to the crystal ball. Likewise, that would be my only problem with this suggestion.

But that's also a very subjective problem, rather than one specifically of game design, so take it with as much salt as you desire.

what
why does it matter WHEN you get rockets in comparision to the crystal ball?
Workbenches are still relevant by the Lunar Events, Are you saying they shouldn't because they are the first thing you craft?

'Do you have evidence to back up this claim or is it just speculation?' Here is the wiki http://terraria.wiki.gg/Ranged_weapons count how many explosive weapons there are, then count the total bows/repeaters and bullet consuming guns. There are less rocket consuming weapons and that is indeed FACT and you cannot argue with FACT.
That's not the claim I was disputing so that fact was irrelevant.
What's wrong with it? well... first of all... there is only 4 types of ammo for rockets so you are only losing out on a little base damage (comparing to loosing effects with musket punch and quiver). Second this suggestion will make the cyborg literally useless, as the only thing he sells is rockets and a single weapon.
You might not be losing out with damage but you seem to be forgetting something. Those weapons are built for crowd control. You lose a large blast radius if you use rocket 1 instead of rocket 3.

Also the cyborg wouldn't be useless. If you want a large blast radius you buy rocket 3 from him.

Excuse me, but what does the amount of variations have to do with this problem?
Does having endless Rocket I's make the others useless? That's like saying that the other bullets/arrows are useless because of the endless versions! If you want to blow something up, you'll still have to buy Rockets II or IV, so the Cyborg isn't useless (although I agree that he sells few things. And if you need a bigger blast you'll still buy Rockets III! The Endless Rocket Canister is for convenience. So you don't have to be always buying more and more rockets.

Back
Top Bottom