1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

tModLoader Extensible Inventory - Limitless, paginated inventory

Discussion in 'Released' started by hamstar, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Updating the mod is dangerous i guess, i lost a few pages on currently played charcter, items are lost forever and they were quite rare.

2. chin a

chin a Terrarian

man i just lost 6 pages of items -_- i updated the mod and it all is gone rip, pls fix this bug for future users of this mod
    though good work on the mod, thanks for the recent update

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  3. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

It shouldn't happen again, as the naming conventions for save data shouldn't be changing any time soon (needed to add accommodations for multiple inventories for API use).

Edit: v1.1.0.2 should fix this, but I don't know if old item data will be recovered for already-affected players. If you've just experienced this issue, IMMEDIATELY replace your .plr with your .tpl.bak file and your .tplr file with your .tplr.bak file, and update this mod to v1.1.0.2 before playing again.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. supermanisawesome

supermanisawesome Terrarian

In multiplayer there is a glitch that allows you to dupe your entire inventory from a full page to an empty page and full page to full page. Only I have been able to dupe the items and not my friend who is hosting the server so I think it only works with people joining a hosted game with this mod and the server host can't.

hamstar likes this.
  5. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Try v1.2.1.1 v1.2.1.2 and see if the effect persists.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. saiyajinGod [SG]

saiyajinGod [SG] Terrarian

Looks quite very, very cool! Despite the flaws, going to try it out soon! But first, going to start fresh with this mod on.

7. supermanisawesome

supermanisawesome Terrarian

I noticed it was still happening and I am not certain on what it is

8. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

Until I can replicate it, I'm at a loss, for the moment. I'd expect any solution to this would involve changes to this code in particular, but I'm not yet sure what else I can do.

9. RadkovZ

RadkovZ Terrarian

I report, this mod have bug, that blocks other mods, in multiplayer with mods Calamity, MaxStackPlus v3.2, Recipe Browser, Magic Storage, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Boss Checklist, Leveled Mod, No More Tombs, consumable item summon doesn't work, when i use, just this item disappears instead of summoning boss, but in singleplayer works it. When i disabled mod Extensible Inventory and summon works.

hamstar likes this.
  10. A Rescue Penguin

A Rescue Penguin Terrarian

I am also having issues on multiplayer. Particularly this is happening with all Tremor Mod Remastered & Calamity bosses. Items are used, Boss summoning sound plays, but the boss disappears.

hamstar likes this.
  11. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

What version are you using?

12. ChickenGamer

ChickenGamer Terrarian

You should make it so if you are full on one and if you have other ones open it puts stuff in that one also if you pick up something and you already have it in a inventory it stacks.

13. ChickenGamer

ChickenGamer Terrarian

Also you should be able to search for items with a little search bar
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 13, 2018 ---
    There is a bug with the duel wield mod and this one when you duel wield a item from another inventory tab it does not work. I think because it is on another page.

hamstar likes this.
  14. ChickenGamer

ChickenGamer Terrarian

Also when crafting all the items in your inventory pages are used so if you have items on 2 different pages for a recipe and you want to craft a item with it then you can still craft it does not have to be on that page.

15. Dorito Borito

Dorito Borito Terrarian

it isn't actually limitless, it caps out at 99

16. ChickenGamer

ChickenGamer Terrarian

Having the features I said would help with stoarge.

17. Dorito Borito

Dorito Borito Terrarian

i still need a version of this mod without the limit because then the limit is detrimental since i don't use chests and i am not going to mine even more iron for chests

18. hamstar

hamstar Steampunker

You can adjust the config to allow up to 2^31 pages, if you want. As it is, I doubt anyone would really use even close to 99 pages, unless they were blasting the world terrain apart, or had some insane kind of grinder, or something.

19. Dorito Borito

Dorito Borito Terrarian

thank you very much

20. [eXponentia]

[eXponentia] Terrarian

What's the difference between "CanSwitchBooks" and "CanScrollPages"?

Also is it possbile in the config to specifically move the + and - buttons from where they are to the far left side of the screen? At their current location I keep adding pages every few times I go to scroll right because they're so close and I'm clicking buttons faster than my brain is truely processing what's on the button. I mean I just delete them straight afterwards, but it actually got annoying enough that I disabled the mod for now and am just making do with the regular inventory by cheating myself home and back to my location after depositing my items.

Another thing that I'm not even sure can be changed just based on how the inventory functions currently is that I like to have a setup where I have one page of inventory for all the junk I pick up on my expedition that I plan to sell or deposit, and another page that includes all of my tools that I use semi-regularly, so I don't have to store them in a piggy bank. As it stands though, I have to keep specific tools in my junk page if I want to be able to use them, or if I don't want two stacks of common items that I actually use (torches being the perfect example of both of these issues). Again, I know that the game basically treats you at all times as if you only have the one inventory page and it's whatever one you're currently on, but it'd be nice if the game could recognise the items in your currently not selected inventory. I have no idea how feasible this is, and I guess it's impossible since some people would use 50+ inventory pages.