Forum spoilers load slowly

How long would you say it takes to load on average?

For me, it takes less than a second to load a spoiler's contents, unless it contains large images. I'm using Chrome as well.

I'd say it has to do with the speed of your connection to the forum. They seem to be loading normally for me (in Firefox).

Spoilers with a lot of content may seem to load slower than others. Can you link some specific examples?

I'd say it has to do with the speed of your connection to the forum. They seem to be loading normally for me (in Firefox).

Spoilers with a lot of content may seem to load slower than others. Can you link some specific examples?
this:
long time
and it takes about 5 seconds.

Can confirm here, that spoiler loaded instantly for me. And I'm having serious internet issues this morning; it still loaded without delay.

Has nothing to do with his connection. Spoiler content is sent with a post when the post's page is requested, it's just the content isn't rendered (and, therefore, any content within the spoilers, like images, don't send requests--that is, until they're opened).

So that narrows the issue down to his browser. My only ideas are:
  1. OP has slow browser, but that's a bit of a stretch given it shouldn't take that long, plus OP probably would expect spoilers to be slow if his browser was already slow overall.
  2. OP has an extension that's doing weird things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. Magic. Pure magic.
Can't be helped by forum staff, though.

Back
Top Bottom