Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't wire related, but I feel it needs to be addressed as it's something that's been bothering me ever since early in 1.3: The underground desert has no loot. It literally has 3 items that are borderline useless (not counting banners, obviously). I'm going to assume that the dev team is already planning on expanding it, but there's no indication of when. It's such a large area for so much nothing where there's a lot of potential for really cool loot (sandworm summons, anyone?) that I'm surprised more wasn't added in 1.3. I really hope it gets at least some work done on it in 1.3.1. And I know this is supposed to be the wire update so I'm not going to demand work on it right away, but it's something to keep in mind.

tl;dr - Underground desert needs more content, not necessarily in 1.3.1, but soon.

So I'm late to throwing in my wishlist and all but here it is, in order of importance. The first is what I want the most by a huge margin.

-Pressure plate that only triggers when standing on it and pressing down. Normal pressure plates are too easy to accidentally trigger, especially in high-traffic areas. (I keep teleporting by accident.) But having to manually click on a relatively small switch or lever is kind of a pain, and villagers love to stand in front of them right when you need them. A plate that's a simple button press away seems like the best solution to me. Granted, regular plates under platforms can have a similar result, but putting those extra holes in your base can look ugly and is another complication in floor plans.

-It'd be nice if wires glow/self-illuminate/ignore shadows, at least a little, when visible. As-is, extra placement range easily lets you put wires well beyond light range in blocks, in which case it's easy to lose track of where the line was, or leave holes, or so on. And if the convenience of "cutting" through solid areas isn't intended as part of increasing the placement range, why is it so generous? If they were always visible, problem solved.

-Light sensors. Basically, one turns on at night and off at sunrise, and the other does the reverse. (They don't actually react to in-game lighting, just time, though something else that does that could be cool too.) This way you could have the lights in your base which are wired to one automatically turn on when it gets dark, just like you turn on more lights in your actual house when it gets dark.

About the last suggestion, light sensors. If they were to implement something like this, it would not work how you say. Terraria doesn't work with things "on" or "off". It works by things sending signals that flip the state of an object. So, if a day/night sensor was added, it would only flip the state once at dusk and one at dawn. If you wanted it to work the other way, you would just have to place the block with the object being activated in the opposite state.

Ok i got a few ideas on my head going on

Mechanical Wings. Sold by the mechanic for 1Plat its as good as the leaf,frost,flame wings and its sold after 1 mechanical boss is slain.

Hologram Terminal and Hologram pixel. Hologram pixel works as blocks and the Hologram terminal can be used to make the pixels into furnitures like table,chair and lanterns.

Strange console. Any kind of console you devs want a playstation or maybe even diffrent kinds if you want her to sell them. It can be a Nintendo64,GameCube,XBox anything! but it works as a decoration and its sold for 1 gold

Wiring kit. has infinite amount of wires and wire placing length is increased by 5 and its sold after the final boss is slain. And it works as an accesories slot

Fake block dyer and fake dye. you place it and then you need to buy fake dye and color it with the wall you have in your inventory. It looks like a block you can step on but you will fall right through it. its sold after plantera is slain and cost 15 gold

Mice. a computer mouse is following you! a new pet sold for 50 gold

Now for some prehardmode stuff!

Poison trap. you connect them and it shots a mist of poison. sold for 1 gold each

Electric wheel staff. Summons an electric wheel that will attack for you. Its like a wheel that spins when you move and flys when you are in the air it works a bit like the imp staff it will summon a lightning from it to attack and will run over mobs to also attack it. its cost 25 gold and can be bought after queen bee is slain. it does 17 with lightning strike and 24 with the running over them part.

Wire Snake. another pet that works like a snake! but its looks like a wire snake. sold by 20 gold

That is it i would really like to see Electric wheel staff be in the game or any of the pets it would mean alot to me
We can already by wings, they are called the steampunk wings and cost 1platnimum and is in flame wing teir

maybe tnt that would explode more blocks than the explosive and a nuke that would explode a lot of blocks and radioactive poison were it exploded
[DOUBLEPOST=1440725707,1440725600][/DOUBLEPOST]or maybe a car that can travel a lot faster than the player

I have a few fixes to suggest. Okay, so a few days after 1.3 came out, I defeated all the mechs and that's when I noticed that hallowed armor and adamantite have the same defense. Sure, hallowed has all those bonuses and stuff, but I thought it would be nice if you'd buff it, and maybe chlorophlyte too.

Ideas for bosses:

A hallow-themed boss. After all, you have bosses for corruption and crimson, so I thought, y they no have hallow boss?

Harder crimson/corruption bosses. After the WoF is defeated, new orbs/hearts would appear where old ones were destroyed. They drop new loot, and when 3 are destroyed, there comes the new boss.

How about you make statues spawn different mob variants when painted differently? Like the Slime Statue spawns Green Slimes when painted green, Purple Slimes when painted purple, etc. Usually, they should spawn "Statue Slimes" which drop nothing.

I would be happy if the statues spawn random mob variants. Maybe not ones like lava slime and mother slimes but red, green purple, and the other colors. Even pinky, but that would be rare. The bunny statue should also spawn gold bunnies, but RNG would make that rare.

I'm not sure if they can code it to summon matching slimes to the color but if they could it would be cool.

Roomva: made with wires and iron?
Once placed down It can be assigned a number of tiles to clean,
After about 3 minutes it will need to be charged so as soon as you place down a charging station
In 12 blocks in proximity they will automatically change them selves you will also need a item storage like a chest designated to them using a chest setting,
If charging station is on upper level they will either climb the walls to get up, teleport, or fly up
Muck like the slime pet.

Charging station:
Made or bought from mechanic, if made it takes: wire, a timer, and iron,?
Charges a single roomva at a time after a roomva has found a changing station it will know we're it is
Until obstructed,
If no charging station is nearby they will search for one.

I would love that. If the roomvas (or knock off name) where only one block tall they could slide through gaps no mob could get through, other then certain critters. If they are immune to lava and traps they could go into grinders to pick up items and bring them back. Also I think the the charging stations should hold them roomvas when you don't want them running around. A wire pulse would switch them between deploy and hold modes.

Got amazing idea - make bubble block pop when shot with something like dart trap, bow or gun.

I would prefer if they didn't do that. If bubbles didn't do anything I wouldn't mind but they can hold back liquids. If they pop then your base might flood if they are holding it back.

Oh I got an idea that a lot of people might like! How about an automated turret? One that you can fill with a few stacks of what ever kind of Bullets you want it to shoot. It would automatically target mobs and run out of ammo after a while of shooting. You would be able to use Wire's and switches to turn it off an on. What would also be amazing to have one that targets players. Lets say... colored turrets that don't shoot at their teams. (Ex: A pink turret would shoot any one not on pink team and was in PVP mode.)

I don't think they would give us automated turrets but I would like some form or turret. One that you could put most any kind of ammo into and trigger with wire. I was thinking of a way to adjust the angle as well. There would be team and portal versions of it as well.

Well... i think in a "text box"
you incert a text and, if wired, say at chats the text. ^-^
sorry my english .-.

I have wanted some kind of announcement box for a while. It would be useful for adventure maps. Even PvP maps could use it. It could be used to announce when a player or team wins if it's a race or trying to get into each other's bases.

As a thought that's totally unrelated to wires and wiring of any sort, i would be really cool to be able to dye weapons
doesn't necessarily come from steam cloud, in singleplayer, whenever I'm re-entering an old world in the same gaming session steam crashes, sometimes even new worlds crash. It's gotten on my nerves, sort of holding me back from playing the game, even though I'm not planning on playing much anymore, because whenever steam crashes I lose any logs I planned on saving, yes I log my chats.

Ideas
-Some sort of Piston
-Custom Timers (settable times)
-Jump pads
-Make the weapon that the mechanic uses to defend herself obtainable
(i know it dosnt have anything to do with
wiring But it would be cool anyway)

I like the sound of more coloured wrenches! I would like the developers to add in:
-Golden Wrench
This wrench can change the way a try faces so for traps that only face down you can change them to face up or left or right.
-gem wrenches
Gem wrenches will place down the colour that the gem is so for example a topaz wrench can place down yellow wire.

Like so many people have said: wireless transmitters, and a long distance wiring solution.

I'd also like to see switches/levers that act as targets and toggle when hit with a ranged attack (Bullets, arrows, magic spell, etc)

Lastly, thank you! For all the hard work, the dedication, and for not only listening to your community but being a part of it, and respecting it. You guys are simply awesome!
Rube goldberg machine anyone?
[DOUBLEPOST=1440766009,1440765887][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wireless wiring.That is what everyone wants.We also should have some type of command block like item for maps.
That makes it wirelessing

I would be happy if the statues spawn random mob variants. Maybe not ones like lava slime and mother slimes but red, green purple, and the other colors. Even pinky, but that would be rare. The bunny statue should also spawn gold bunnies, but RNG would make that rare.

I'm not sure if they can code it to summon matching slimes to the color but if they could it would be cool.
Thinking the only caveats might be item drops and slimes you have not already discovered, so no hardmode slimes in a pre world.
doesn't necessarily come from steam cloud, in singleplayer, whenever I'm re-entering an old world in the same gaming session steam crashes, sometimes even new worlds crash. It's gotten on my nerves, sort of holding me back from playing the game, even though I'm not planning on playing much anymore, because whenever steam crashes I lose any logs I planned on saving, yes I log my chats.

Yep, I saw it in single player too, disabled steam cloud saves and the game just stopped crashing where it was doing so every 30-120 minutes.

About the last suggestion, light sensors. If they were to implement something like this, it would not work how you say. Terraria doesn't work with things "on" or "off". It works by things sending signals that flip the state of an object. So, if a day/night sensor was added, it would only flip the state once at dusk and one at dawn. If you wanted it to work the other way, you would just have to place the block with the object being activated in the opposite state.
And i said its sold by the mechanic

Admitting that I haven't read through each of the 58 pages here I would share my short thought of what could improve the wiring system:

1. logic gates and similia (I know many people already asked this);
  2. more wire colors, to allow more complex wiring without doing crazy circumnavigations;
  3. a tool to recolor a wire line from start to end in one single click - useful if you used the wrong color and you want to avoid to cut the whole things, especially if there are different wire lines crossing each other;
  4. Wireless transmitters/repeaters: this can be REALLY useful is you want to start a mechanism in the other part of the world without huge loads of wires (teleporters, I'm watching you). For example, if I want to start a pump mechanism (for whatever reason) in the cavern layer but I often am in my surface house and I want liquids to flow without me being there and without spending a lot of my time wiring 3000+ blocks, wireless technology could be a solution (if implementable). These tools could be very expensive and/or huge in dimensions to avoid normal wiring to become useless.

Not really to do with wiring, but something that, for as far as I know, is only 'obtainable' with wiring. I would love for turned of torches and chandeliers to be able to be made at a crafting station, it can really mess up wiring if you forget a torch somewhere, especially late in builds.
(For example: you have one torch at a workbencch, and you can turn it off, making it a 'torch (off)' could be reversed of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom