Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea. But it's stressing me out. I want it:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOWWWWWWWWWW
Consider the time between the final 1.2.0 release and 1.2.1. This should give you an idea of the time it will take.
That update took 1.5 weeks. This one has taken over 2 weeks. I would consider it more to be the time between 1.2.1.2 and 1.2.2, since that was nearly 3 months

Also, what if we could make customised traps? All you has to do is have a Basic Trap Shell (made from one of each lizhard trap and 10 wire), right click on it, put in a weapon (and ammo or mana crystals if needed), then put in some accesories that have to do with dmg (eg. sniper scope, menacing) and you are done! The trap will fire simalarly to a player, except that enemies cannot hurt or destroy it.

To get your weapons and accesories back, just break the block, and you will get the Basic Trap Shell back along with the accesories and weapon. Alternitvely, you could right click the trap and take out this items by hand, but the 1st method is quicker
[DOUBLEPOST=1440689003,1440688947][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh god. 3 months??
I tried to think of a one month update, but my brain was overwhelmed by /\ that idea
[DOUBLEPOST=1440689094][/DOUBLEPOST]
Naming weapons
Yeah that would be cool...
"Iron Broadsword, 'Stone Cold Killa'"
Oh wait it's iron :p

How about you make statues spawn different mob variants when painted differently? Like the Slime Statue spawns Green Slimes when painted green, Purple Slimes when painted purple, etc. Usually, they should spawn "Statue Slimes" which drop nothing.

I think coloring the statue is problematic since you could have different colors on it and there are lots of colors of paint. I like the idea of devices doing different things, but I think it needs to be done in another way.

If devices could hold 1 item, then that item could determine aspects of what that device does.

How about you make statues spawn different mob variants when painted differently? Like the Slime Statue spawns Green Slimes when painted green, Purple Slimes when painted purple, etc. Usually, they should spawn "Statue Slimes" which drop nothing.
This is so ingenious! I can't believe I didn't think of it! :)

That update took 1.5 weeks. This one has taken over 2 weeks. I would consider it more to be the time between 1.2.1.2 and 1.2.2, since that was nearly 3 months

Think about it that makes no sense. 1.2.1 was halloween update and 1.2.2 was christmas update.Halloween is in October-November. Christmas is in December.What that means?

I think coloring the statue is problematic since you could have different colors on it and there are lots of colors of paint. I like the idea of devices doing different things, but I think it needs to be done in another way.

If devices could hold 1 item, then that item could determine aspects of what that device does.
It's only problematic if you want it to be. Have it painted green and blue? then green and blue slimes come out randomly, have it painted 6 different colors? as long as there's a slime that matches the colors, it could spawn them all randomly.

Or, you could make it so it only worked if it was painted one color, solid, all six blocks of the statue. My only gripe would be Pinky farming, but you could make it so the slimes spawned from statues don't drop anything. :)

Across long distances, Teleporters can be annoying to connect with wire. Considering this, I would suggest making a more viable linking device for teleporters, perhaps a tool from the steampunker?

My apologies if it was mentioned before, but there's one thing I would really love to see implemented.

A type of muffler which drowns out game sounds (most specifically teleporters, pressure plates and 'hit' sounds). Automation in this game is fantastic, but it's a little sad those sounds can become so overwhelming if you get carried away building engines that you can't even hear the game music anymore :(
But honestly I'll settle with anything. Sound nullifiers as actuators, placed devices for areas, anything really. Pretty please?

(And yes I realize I could turn effects off, but demanding as I am I don't want to kill game sounds altogether, just localized ^^)

Oh I got an idea that a lot of people might like! How about an automated turret? One that you can fill with a few stacks of what ever kind of Bullets you want it to shoot. It would automatically target mobs and run out of ammo after a while of shooting. You would be able to use Wire's and switches to turn it off an on. What would also be amazing to have one that targets players. Lets say... colored turrets that don't shoot at their teams. (Ex: A pink turret would shoot any one not on pink team and was in PVP mode.)

My apologies if it was mentioned before, but there's one thing I would really love to see implemented.

A type of muffler which drowns out game sounds (most specifically teleporters, pressure plates and 'hit' sounds). Automation in this game is fantastic, but it's a little sad those sounds can become so overwhelming if you get carried away building engines that you can't even hear the game music anymore :(
But honestly I'll settle with anything. Sound nullifiers as actuators, placed devices for areas, anything really. Pretty please?

(And yes I realize I could turn effects off, but demanding as I am I don't want to kill game sounds altogether, just localized ^^)
OOOOooooh! yes! How about a silent pressure plate, activated by players and mobs. That would do the trick! :D

Roomva: made with wires and iron?
Once placed down It can be assigned a number of tiles to clean,
After about 3 minutes it will need to be charged so as soon as you place down a charging station
In 12 blocks in proximity they will automatically change them selves you will also need a item storage like a chest designated to them using a chest setting,
If charging station is on upper level they will either climb the walls to get up, teleport, or fly up
Muck like the slime pet.

Charging station:
Made or bought from mechanic, if made it takes: wire, a timer, and iron,?
Charges a single roomva at a time after a roomva has found a changing station it will know we're it is
Until obstructed,
If no charging station is nearby they will search for one.

I'm not trying to be rude, but why? What tiles need cleaning?

So I'm late to throwing in my wishlist and all but here it is, in order of importance. The first is what I want the most by a huge margin.

-Pressure plate that only triggers when standing on it and pressing down. Normal pressure plates are too easy to accidentally trigger, especially in high-traffic areas. (I keep teleporting by accident.) But having to manually click on a relatively small switch or lever is kind of a pain, and villagers love to stand in front of them right when you need them. A plate that's a simple button press away seems like the best solution to me. Granted, regular plates under platforms can have a similar result, but putting those extra holes in your base can look ugly and is another complication in floor plans.

-It'd be nice if wires glow/self-illuminate/ignore shadows, at least a little, when visible. As-is, extra placement range easily lets you put wires well beyond light range in blocks, in which case it's easy to lose track of where the line was, or leave holes, or so on. And if the convenience of "cutting" through solid areas isn't intended as part of increasing the placement range, why is it so generous? If they were always visible, problem solved.

-Light sensors. Basically, one turns on at night and off at sunrise, and the other does the reverse. (They don't actually react to in-game lighting, just time, though something else that does that could be cool too.) This way you could have the lights in your base which are wired to one automatically turn on when it gets dark, just like you turn on more lights in your actual house when it gets dark.

I suggest a background trap block that does nothing when inactive and you can pass through, but when active it will deal continuous damage if you stand on it's place. It will look like the tesla coils in Starbound and will be dropped on martian invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom