How well does Skyrim run on the PS3?

Halixon

Skeletron Prime
So, i know i'm four years late to the party, but i have recently decided to save up for Skyrim.
I don't think my PC will be able to run it without low graphics settings, so i decided to get it
on the Playstation. In most reviews i've heard, Skyrim is apparently very laggy and buggy on
the PS3. I was wondering if those issues have been fixed, or if there is any way to avoid them.

So, i know i'm four years late to the party, but i have recently decided to save up for Skyrim.
I don't think my PC will be able to run it without low graphics settings, so i decided to get it
on the Playstation. In most reviews i've heard, Skyrim is apparently very laggy and buggy on
the PS3. I was wondering if those issues have been fixed, or if there is any way to avoid them.

PC with low graphics still looks better than the PS3 version. Except for the snow trails, for some reason only the PS3 version has those.

Anyway, the PS3 becomes pretty much unplayable after you accumulate around 10 hours on a save game. This was a problem from day 1 and wasn't fixed AFAIK.

As @AnarchyBlues said, it becomes unplayable after a long time.
This is because of how the game works. I won't try to explain how it works, I'll just say what happens: The game gets so unbearably laggy that it's essentially unplayable. I suggest you play it on Xbox 360 or PC, as PS3 version is just not worth it.

Don't even bother with console skyrim. Mods make up like 90% of that game's flesh and blood.

And even if you don't have the graphics card to run the game, at least it'll be functional when you DO get it running.

Ok, well it looks like i have most of the requirements to play it on the PC, but i don't have enough RAM left.....

Well, RAM is fairly easy to install and pretty cheap for the most part. There are plenty of instruction videos online, it shouldn't be hard!

Well, possibly surprisingly to some, I've only played Skyrim on PS3 and yes I know I'm missing out, but it's simply because I can't run it well on my computer. 5 fps is just horrendous.

It does become laggy after playing for a continuous time and slightly laggy after long hours on one save game (I have a character who I have put ~150+ hours into, only gone down about 2 fps since), but you need to wait for the PS3 to cool down and it fixes itself.

As for freezing, turn off auto-saving for most things - mainly, inventory or travel. This is what causes most crashes because of the amount of autosaves made.

It's a way to make your computer have more ram, and run faster.
That's not ram. That's Virtual memory.

Two different things. You need to buy more ram chips.

Rather, you need to go to a computer store, buy some, and ask the guys there to do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom