tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice mod, but, one thing... you should change the ninja class item... It doesn't really look like a shuriken... and I come from a jewish family...

Is there no exp bar or way to see what level you are? Cause i dont have that.
It's activated by command. Look in the command section.
[doublepost=1490992710,1490992604][/doublepost]
Nice mod, but, one thing... you should change the ninja class item... It doesn't really look like a shuriken... and I come from a jewish family...
I will see what i can do. If i reupload this mod now with a new texture, i will also need to rewrite some code to make it up to date with the newest version of tmodloader. Will take some time.

Ivy it would seem the the commands aren't working no matter what I do, could u look into it?
Are you playing on the newest version of tmodloader? I'd be surprised if that really worked. Implementation of commands is also way different, it's not strange that they don't work right now.

Are you playing on the newest version of tmodloader? I'd be surprised if that really worked. Implementation of commands is also way different, it's not strange that they don't work right now.
Yes, I'm playing on the latest version of tmodloader, so basically u can't fix this bug? a suggestion tho, a simple way to fix this is make an item that WILL wipe all of your progress (quests, xp, levels, etc.), just a thought I guess.

Yes, I'm playing on the latest version of tmodloader, so basically u can't fix this bug? a suggestion tho, a simple way to fix this is make an item that WILL wipe all of your progress (quests, xp, levels, etc.), just a thought I guess.
Commands weren't removed, only overhauled. I just need to rewrite them from scratch. But i will hardly have time for that at the moment.

I think I know the cause of the bug:
"-The wall of flesh does not spawn when throwing a voodoo doll into lava in the underworld."

It might be do to another mod called tremor.
It adds another version of the doll and the wall of flesh with little mention of them. Separate set just for corruption worlds. With the original set now only working in crimson worlds.
The only way to tell the dolls apart is by the flavor text. And one doll won't work with the other type of world.
And there is no documentation to this fact even on there wiki.

Hey Ivysaur! I really like the idea of a level system on Terraria.

Is there any chance you might update it for the tModLoader v0.10.0.1? If so, do you have any kind of ETA?

Thanks!

Hey Ivysaur! I really like the idea of a level system on Terraria.

Is there any chance you might update it for the tModLoader v0.10.0.1? If so, do you have any kind of ETA?

Thanks!
Hello Vladlust,

I have slowly given up on this mod recently, mostly due to the code being pretty messy, so i have been working on another mod that also adds a level system, in a different way though. I'll definitely announce it in this thread if it's ready to be published.

Hello Vladlust,

I have slowly given up on this mod recently, mostly due to the code being pretty messy, so i have been working on another mod that also adds a level system, in a different way though. I'll definitely announce it in this thread if it's ready to be published.

Thank you for your response.

I'm glad to hear you're considering creating a new mod, I'm very much looking forward to it, good luck!

Hello Vladlust,

If you are making an other mod why dont you try to contact with the dev of t-races and/or the dev of the class based rpg mod to build on their work or complement it because there are many mods that attempt to add a rpg feel to terraria but are either incomplete and/or outdated

If you are making an other mod why dont you try to contact with the dev of t-races and/or the dev of the class based rpg mod to build on their work or complement it because there are many mods that attempt to add a rpg feel to terraria but are either incomplete and/or outdated

I originally wasn't really going for an rpg feeling, i just wanted some way of leveling up. So i'll be going pretty light on the rpg aspects.
It's also more of a mix between a normal mod and a level system and will be more science themed than rpg themed, but if someone is dedicated to creating a mod solely based on rpg content, i wouldn't mind to help with programming it.

RPG feel for a videogame IMO doesn't mean medieval theme or stuff like that. IMO it means levels, races, jobs, skills; stuff like that.

What I mean is that it would be better to make 1 single polished finished or almost finished mod (hopefully open source) that gives people races jobs skills levels etc than small mods that do very specific stuff and is sometimes very limited due to the knowledge/time of a single dev which at times might be hard to balance or expand on if there is no "complete rpg environment" to work with. IDK if I'm explaining myself well enough.

RPG feel for a videogame IMO doesn't mean medieval theme or stuff like that. IMO it means levels, races, jobs, skills; stuff like that.

What I mean is that it would be better to make 1 single polished finished or almost finished mod (hopefully open source) that gives people races jobs skills levels etc than small mods that do very specific stuff and is sometimes very limited due to the knowledge/time of a single dev which at times might be hard to balance or expand on if there is no "complete rpg environment" to work with. IDK if I'm explaining myself well enough.

Well, i know what you mean. however, all this extra content, like jobs and races, are hard to implement, and with the messy code i usually had, hard to expand on. This time i'm going about it more slowly, but also more carefully, that's why i'm probably gonna make a lot of non rpg related content to it, as a break inbetween. There's also a few things in this mod that i wasn't really happy with, mostly that you can't change your class, that puts a lot of pressure into making the decision of choosing your class. Also, leveling up looks a bit ugly when displayed in chat, it would look cooler if there was some kind of text appearing over your head if you gain XP or level up, especially in multiplayer.

I'm aiming for a remastered version, where not only the code is better, but it also changes the system to feel more like it's actually part of terraria.

Dude is the expbar broken or somthing i set a hotkey for it to be on my head but it never showes up there :(:confused:
This mod is discontinued and hasn't been updated in over 5 months, if you want a level system in terraria you have to use a different mod.

Back
Top Bottom