Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus far these are my favorite submissions. I haven't been through the entire thread of course because it's nearly 200 pages long.
platcat
237966-6390208837eb0b5c263374038ef1d7d3.jpg.png

W3IRD
Lizard Outfit.gif

Cptbubbles
(n) 1.png

Versattes
Francis of Assisi.PNG

Sergo
SWZK84y.gif

CosmicHorror
terraria tengu pixel.png

Piggy0007
The Crystalline Amphibian.png

I don't know WHAT this thing is but I love it!

GameVogue
Apollo Vanity Banner.jpg

Apollo Vanity actual size.png

Dakota Spine
DesertDancer.png

DrBagPHD
astronautuniformset.png

SpellBoundGamer
terrariaIdea.png

laralex
terraria-armor-contest-submission-static.png

terraria-armor-contest-submission.gif

CosmicTheGoon
Gboy Vanity (3).png

maplemade
terraria set smaller.png

Hexanne
Witches Void.png

download (2).png

Rohtori
TerrariaRoboVanityB.png

Robo d.png

ImPixelPete
Terraria-Samurai-2.png

Goraiken
The-Totally-RAD-Vanity-Set.png

DiddyGhostTank
Fabled_Pixie_Set.png

Last edited:
I was thinking of Moon Lord armour for when you defeat the Moon Lord in the upcoming Master Mode for journey's end update! This armour can be the strongest or one of the strongest in the whole of Terraria. However when you defeat the Moon Lord, you wont just get the armour. You need to craft the Moon Lord armour with Lunimite bars! Thanks, Ben!

View attachment 246150
This is my "Containment Suit" submission. It's basically a spacesuit with an asymmetrical poncho/cape attachment. There's a folded down sheep wool collar over the shoulder. The helmet is lit up from the inside so I've included the obscured silhouette of a generic head to create an illusion of transparency. I've shown an example of what I'd like to have included in the glow masking. There are some different color ideas, I wasn't sure which to settle on. I've also given a break down of the different pieces of the set, as well as an example of some simple animation I'd like to see on the control box (if that's something that would be possible).

anyway, thanks for checking it out and I hope you like it.
how could you fit this into the terraria sprite?

how could you fit this into the terraria sprite?
I replied to in this thread.
But I must kinda agree with you. A lot of entries have head piece by 1 and more Terraria pixel larger than Wizard hat, you can't go above because it's max size you can go with, unless they made it posible to be larger in the next update. For a lot of details will have to be minimalized. I tried how his set would possibly fit in (made for fast example = not finished).
that persons set.png

I hope developers know how to choose because a lot of their details wouldn't fit, very hard to make or unpossible to make,
submitting armors or vanity items from mods without their permission (I am not sure of they got a permission),
edits of originals like original retro Silva armor from Calamity mod (saw unedited shoulder pad and unchanger colour palette),
straight refences like from Jojo's bizare adventure.

Like I said I hope really choose wisely with design that will fit Terraria,..
I am not saying all entrues are bad, a lot of them are good too, some even don't know how Terraria works, like thinking that dyes will affect only some parts of the vanity set.

I replied to in this thread.
But I must kinda agree with you. A lot of entries have head piece by 1 and more Terraria pixel larger than Wizard hat, you can't go above because it's max size you can go with, unless they made it posible to be larger in the next update. For a lot of details will have to be minimalized. I tried how his set would possibly fit in (made for fast example = not finished).
View attachment 246252

I hope developers know how to choose because a lot of their details wouldn't fit, very hard to make or unpossible to make,
submitting armors or vanity items from mods without their permission (I am not sure of they got a permission),
edits of originals like original retro Silva armor from Calamity mod (saw unedited shoulder pad and unchanger colour palette),
straight refences like from Jojo's bizare adventure.

Like I said I hope really choose wisely with design that will fit Terraria,..
I am not saying all entrues are bad, a lot of them are good too, some even don't know how Terraria works, like thinking that dyes will affect only some parts of the vanity set.
it looks pretty good, but at the same time it really doesn't look like it fully captures your idea. instead of being this cool hazmat/clothing combo, in game it would kinda end up just looking like regular armor, you know what i mean? a lot of people are posting stuff that has crazy amounts of small details, like designs on shirts which are central to the costume, without giving any thought to just how small a space the game really has to work with. they go way too far with the concept art

Can we also include custom animations in our submissions or is it going to be too much work for the devs if we do so?

Is it possible for the vanity to change in different Biomes or based on other factors?
No. I Think devs should mention it in the rules because many people have submitted such idea unknowingly. And I dont judge them, devs only said they wont add changing outfit just somewhere here on the past thirty pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom