Pixel Art Large-scale pixelled Landscapes & Stuff

Ehhh... perhaps a little healthy merger of the two (maybe whale in the terms of size and general body shape but angler fish in the terms of how the head is structured)? Mostly I want is something almost can be considered indescribable (almost). The people in my stories know of the creature's existence but there are little to no survivors of this creature's attacks (and what little survivors there are, they are not in the right mental state to say coherently).
Naturally, the beast of destruction is not a 12cm shrimp of a deep sea creature. That'd be silly. I'm going to attempt merging the two, but it's going to be more on the creepy deep sea creature side of things.

Naturally, the beast of destruction is not a 12cm shrimp of a deep sea creature. That'd be silly. I'm going to attempt merging the two, but it's going to be more on the creepy deep sea creature side of things.
Alright. Good luck.

You know, that would be hilarious. Some feared creature of the deep that has sunk countless ships and claimed countless lives... and it ends up turning out that it was a dinky little fish all along. XD

You've got definite talent and after seeing what you posted on your profile I always wanted to request. Now the opportunity has arisen and I have no idea what to request. Ah well

Wow, that's truly amazing! I especially love the Shattered kingdom. How long did you make it?
One of my friends came to me one day with a video related to black rock shooter and said "hey can you make a bg our of this pl0x?"
Since school started around that time (september/october 2014), I didn't find much time to work on it so it was WIP for 2/3 months. Total time spent on it is comparable with Stratosphere and Pure, which I was able to do in 3 weeks (regular 2h sessions).

You've got definite talent and after seeing what you posted on your profile I always wanted to request. Now the opportunity has arisen and I have no idea what to request. Ah well
Don't push yourself, I won't shut down requests soon since I'm having a lot of fun already and excited to see what you guys can come up with.

I'll work on Freenight's request next, just waiting for a counter-check from Shadow_Mantis on the request I did for him, before posting it and proceeding.

If I may, I'd like to request a science-fiction landscape, of space. Dotted around in darkness should be stars, and maybe a planet or two. In the very center, I'd like a grand spaceship sprited, but try to make the spaceship the best you can.

If you require more detail, I'll 'cook' something up.

May i request a world with a ton of cubes floating around with crystals on them. Everything should have a blue color and i'd like the crystals to "glow". I'd like some thunder all over the place aswell

( i believe this will be a challenge ;) )

If I may, I'd like to request a science-fiction landscape, of space. Dotted around in darkness should be stars, and maybe a planet or two. In the very center, I'd like a grand spaceship sprited, but try to make the spaceship the best you can.

If you require more detail, I'll 'cook' something up.
Argh, brain, stop putting emphasis on the two planets in the background! You don't need to make one have red aura, one have blue aura!

But yeah, would be nice if you could describe the spaceship in a bit more detail. Shape, perspective, colours? (everything not given will be chosen by me).
May i request a world with a ton of cubes floating around with crystals on them. Everything should have a blue color and i'd like the crystals to "glow". I'd like some thunder all over the place aswell

( i believe this will be a challenge ;) )
You mean a world full of cubes, a bit resembling the magnetic caves from Pokemon white and black? Sounds cool!

Well, I'm thinking a view of it's side, like traditional perspectives go, would be nice. Really it's more of a cruise-liner luxury ship than any other, but fitted in with weaponry and the such. I'm not sure about the colours, to be completely honest. You can either play around with the colours yourself or go with a classic blue, grey, and black scheme if you'd like.

Thanks!

Very nice! I love them!

Could I have kind of an African savanna grassland? Perhaps with a watering hole and a baobab tree?
I'm learning trees right now, so that's always welcome :p Put you on the list!
Well, I'm thinking a view of it's side, like traditional perspectives go, would be nice. Really it's more of a cruise-liner luxury ship than any other, but fitted in with weaponry and the such. I'm not sure about the colours, to be completely honest. You can either play around with the colours yourself or go with a classic blue, grey, and black scheme if you'd like.

Thanks!
My definition of "classic" spaceship colours is "grey". I'll toy around a bit with them, as well as how I'm going to make a space-ship luxury cruiser.

Last edited:
Alright let's try this:

Apart from having updated the first post with the requests I've already fulfilled, I have extended the queue length to 10... sorta. Well, thing is, I'm accepting sprite requests now.

Sprite requests are handled a bit differently from landscape requests, as they have less whoomp! but will shine in the animation-department.

Sprite size and direction should be specified in the reply (apart from what exactly you want me to sprite for you). I won't allow animated sprites larger than 100x100 pixels, but static ones are fine. I allow those until they become so large I'd rather make a landscape out of them :p

Why have I coloured in the existing requests? Well... Landscape and sprite requests are separated, actually. While I accept 10 requests at a time, only 5 of them can be landscapes, while the other 5 are sprites. So keep an eye out for that when requesting stuff. If either queue is full, you'll have to wait until a spot is free.

For examples on my spritework, visit my deviantart page:
http://koopaking1.deviantart.com/

So, running this as a test. Let's see what happens :p

Last edited:
As the days pass by and I draw, draw and draw some more, I eventually finish a request. Right now I have finished Sivath's request and thus reduced the amount of remaining requests to three. Meaning that two more landscapes can be requested as of now.

request_burning_corruption_sivath_town_by_koopaking1-d8tvnve.png

I am going to stream every minute of making these requests on my twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/dravvar and will always make a status update, tagging the person who requested the art, when going live. So if you're interested in seeing my workflow, you should tune in when I go live!

Yup, I'll add you to the list. Do you want your character to be depicted from the front or from the back (relevant since it influences how I draw Helena, ajidot, etc..)

Hmm... I think it would be cooler if it was seen from the view of the crowd since my OC is supposed to be the center of attention.

Due to a lack of response and to keep this thread something special and not have it transform into a generic sprite requests thread, I have removed sprite animation requests and queue. But to make up for this loss nobody cares about, queue length has been extended to 7! AMAZING! GET HYPE!

There are currently two requests in the queue, which I'll get to once I'm done with my August CC submission (which I'm doing now because in July I'll probably be occupied with Terraria 1.3 mostly). If you have anything you want me to draw and stream drawing (twitch link in signature), post it here.

Seriously though it'd be a shame if this queue would be empty at one point.

I feel like the time it takes to make these pieces reduces the influx of people here. Someone like ajidot can pump out doodles and get publicity quickly, whereas it isn't the case here. Maybe a CC entry will draw a lot of attention to your thread. Maybe making small gifts for people could work? I dunno, not everyone is into that.

Back
Top Bottom