Biomes & Nature Meteor Revival: Making Meteorites a Legitimate Biome

I am glad that it doesn't spread too far, and how it can easily be removed. Though, I do think that meteors should be kind of left as they should, just meteors that smash into the ground.

Either way, this idea is really creative and cool looking. I wouldn't mind this being implemented, but I still prefer meteors as they are. Still, good job on this!

Awesome! I totally agree with this, it would be really fun, and it has a cool atmosphere to it!

Should it get in, I hope it does get its own music!

SzGamer227 said:
My idea: add new enemies that spawn in the Meteorite biome, and give it the ability to spread and become its own special biome if allowed to grow and expand. Instead of a big, ugly crater, you have the birthplace of all new biome with its own flora and fauna, making it more than just a big dumb hole full of rock.
that's because meteorites are just big holes full of rock. i don't understand why it needs expansion, and this will just make meteorite gear even harder to get. we already have plenty of slime and worm variants in my opinion. i like the ancient meteorite helmet and the sprites, though. and the meteor head pet is cool. maybe some things could be added to make meteors more useful in hardmode, as meteor heads no longer drop key molds.

also, i don't understand why it needs to spread, that really doesn't seem very meteor-ish. if the new stuff here were to be useful, the player would have to have weak armor and tools, but then they would be easy prey for the new mobs. plus, the player is usually reasonably well geared for meteors by the time they smash shadow orbs, so most of this stuff would be obsolete. i don't really understand why the meteor would affect trees, though. wouldn't they just burn?

that's because meteorites are just big holes full of rock. i don't understand why it needs expansion, and this will just make meteorite gear even harder to get. we already have plenty of slime and worm variants in my opinion. i like the ancient meteorite helmet and the sprites, though. and the meteor head pet is cool. maybe some things could be added to make meteors more useful in hardmode, as meteor heads no longer drop key molds.

also, i don't understand why it needs to spread, that really doesn't seem very meteor-ish. if the new stuff here were to be useful, the player would have to have weak armor and tools, but then they would be easy prey for the new mobs. plus, the player is usually reasonably well geared for meteors by the time they smash shadow orbs, so most of this stuff would be obsolete. i don't really understand why the meteor would affect trees, though. wouldn't they just burn?
I think the idea behind it is that the Meteor itself carries some sort of life form/infection/virus, that beings to spread. The water gets dirtied, the trees wither and burn, and many life forms are taken over by the virus.

I think the idea behind it is that the Meteor itself carries some sort of life form/infection/virus, that beings to spread. The water gets dirtied, the trees wither and burn, and many life forms are taken over by the virus.

i think we have enough "virus" type biomes, i don't really see why we need meteorites as well. although it would be cool if being near them gave you a sort of "radiation" debuff.

The meteor biome already is "legit" I don't think it really needs to spread.. But hell everyone else seems to just support this so why not join them :/

that's because meteorites are just big holes full of rock. i don't understand why it needs expansion, and this will just make meteorite gear even harder to get.
This is a "why not" situation. If something can be improved upon, you improve it. For your difficulty concern, if you can defeat (or suicidally dive bomb the crater despite the) Meteor Heads, you can beat (or suicidally dive bomb past) the new enemies, too.
Content and aliens.

:cool: Deal with it.
Really.
1) If it doesn't spread, the only alternate method is to make Meteorites even more destructive on impact.
2) In a game where magic (and soon aliens) exist, logical explanations for such phenomenon are futile and laughable.

This is a "why not" situation. If something can be improved upon, you improve it. For your difficulty concern, if you can defeat (or suicidally dive bomb the crater despite the) Meteor Heads, you can beat (or suicidally dive bomb past) the new enemies, too.

Really.
1) If it doesn't spread, the only alternate method is to make Meteorites even more destructive on impact.
2) In a game where magic (and soon aliens) exist, logical explanations for such phenomenon are futile and laughable.

"if something can be improved upon, you improve it."
ok, remove the worms. remove the spiked slime. change the slime's name to something like "irradiated rock" so it seems like a part of the meteor is attacking you. don't reuse other mobs.

"if you can defeat meteor heads, you can defeat the new enemies. "
no, worms can get to you through blocks, and you can't exactly dodge them. it's pretty hard to. and slimes jumping on top of you and shooting you is pretty crazy too. it's hard enough to mine when meteor heads are constantly flying into you. adding more enemies would make meteorite mining a nightmare.

"if it doesn't spread, the only alternate method is to make meteorites even more destructive on impact."
ok, good point, but only to a point. 50 blocks is kinda much, especially for small worlds. maybe change it to 30 blocks or so.

"in a game where magic (and soon aliens) exist, logical explanations for such phenomena are futile and laughable."
this reminds me of the "drink water while drowning" thing. no, it's not perfecly logical, but it does try to make sense. you find trees on the surface, notsideways in the underworld. you craft an anvil from iron, not sticks. it needs to make some kind of sense, and meteorites spreading doesn't. maybe it automaically converts it when it spawns, through radiaton or something.

ok, remove the worms. remove the spiked slime. change the slime's name to something like "irradiated rock" so it seems like a part of the meteor is attacking you. don't reuse other mobs.
Looks like you're going to have a hell of a lot of complaints about some of these guys that are already in game:
Angry_Bones_1.png
30px-Armored_Skeleton.png
35px-Undead_Viking.png
30px-Armored_Viking.png
30px-Zombie_Eskimo.png
30px-Rain_Coat_Zombie.png
40px-Spore_Zombie.png
35px-Mushroom_Zombie.png
30px-Dark_Mummy.png
30px-Light_Mummy.png
50px-Ice_Tortoise.png
Hellbat.png
Jungle_Bat.png
Giant_Bat.png
Illuminant_Bat.png
Ice_Bat.png
Lava_Bat.png
Mimic.png
Ice_Mimic.png
You can't be opposed to adding more versions of existing enemies when half the game's population of enemies are biome-specific versions of other enemies. "Get rid of it" is not constructive, if that's what you were aiming for. -_-
no, worms can get to you through blocks, and you can't exactly dodge them. it's pretty hard to. and slimes jumping on top of you and shooting you is pretty crazy too. it's hard enough to mine when meteor heads are constantly flying into you. adding more enemies would make meteorite mining a nightmare.
No, not a nightmare, more like mining anywhere else you might go. You aren't mobbed by mindless hordes of only Crimera or only Eaters of Souls when you're in the Corruption and Crimson. Any variety is an improvement, and if you think an ounce of variety would be too much to handle, then you must really hate playing Terraria.
"if it doesn't spread, the only alternate method is to make meteorites even more destructive on impact."
ok, good point, but only to a point. 50 blocks is kinda much, especially for small worlds. maybe change it to 30 blocks or so.
Half the rate of post-Plantera spreading is mind mindbogglingly slow, and it reverses itself once the Meteorite is gone.
this reminds me of the "drink water while drowning" thing.
You can't explain that with magic or aliens. Try again.[/spoiler]

Last edited:
that's the point. we already have tons of worms and slimes, we don't need more. and as for not being able to handle vareity, you made it spread, you gave it trees and cacti variants, you added wood, and you added more slimes and worms. this honestly just seems like a smaller copy of the corruption. and meteors don't really need expanding, it's like turning underground cabins into a dungeon with a boss.

"you can't explain that with aliens or magic. try again."
in real life, drinking water makes you less thirsty. to reflect that in the game, they made drinking water heal you. in real life, trying to breathe in water kills you. so they made drowning in terraria hurt you. combining the two results in a weird result, but it's not lie they can change all the mechanics of healing, where you can heal,when, and with what just to fixthat one thing. it isn't gamebreaking, so they left it in.

I admit that spiked slimes can be rather hard to kill. However, by the time you harvest meteors, you have a bow, so it's just a matter of aiming and jumping at the right time.
As for worms - if you can't dodge worms, all I can say is l2p. No offense. The easiest way to dodge a worm is to move to the side while it's still underground, and when it's getting close to you, you run into the other direction and jump. Worms have a rather low turn rate compared to their forward speed.
Also, more types of enemies =/= more enemies. Spawn limitations still apply. This wouldn't make meteor mining a nightmare, but a challenge.

it's already a challenge. you need an obsidian skull, and then the meteor heads come. and what does I2p mean?

Or platforms and dynamite. -_-

the point is, meteorites were never meant to be a big biome, kinda like the underground cabin. i know it changes the music when you get near them, but night does the same thing. and it's like living wood trees, it's not really important enough to make a bunch of stuff about it. and you kinda copied the corruption. it spreads(slowly), it has it's own wood stuff, it has slimes and worms, and it has a desert version. im sorry, but it just isn't original.

the point is, meteorites were never meant to be a big biome, kinda like the underground cabin. i know it changes the music when you get near them, but night does the same thing. and it's like living wood trees, it's not really important enough to make a bunch of stuff about it.
Yeah, except you aren't droned by endless monotonous hordes of the same kind of enemy in an underground cabin of a giant tree. -_-
and you kinda copied the corruption. it spreads(slowly), it has it's own wood stuff, it has slimes and worms, and it has a desert version. im sorry, but it just isn't original.
There's only one biome that doesn't have its own "Wood," and that's Hell.

There's only one biome that doesn't have Slimes and it's the Desert.

It's been explained to you that there is a critical reason why Meteorite would have to spread.

Not stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Swallow your silly pride and admit that this isn't a terrible idea already.

Yeah, except you aren't droned by endless monotonous hordes of the same kind of enemy in an underground cabin of a giant tree. -_-

There's only one biome that doesn't have its own "Wood," and that's Hell.

There's only one biome that doesn't have Slimes and it's the Desert.

It's been explained to you that there is a critical reason why Meteorite would have to spread.

Not stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Swallow your silly pride and admit that this isn't a terrible idea already.

it's not a terrible idea, it just isn't humworthy. i understand why it would have to spread, and that's kinda like irradiating the area, which is cool. and i like the meteor pet and ancient meteor helmet ideas, but i dont like the wood or the mobs.

i don't get what you mean by "endless monotonous hordes", but as for wood, there are several biomes that don't have 'wood':

dungeon(yes, it's a biome)
underworld
cavern(yes, it's a biome)

as for the slimes, we have plenty of slimes, so we don't need more. same with worms. and an entirely new wood set for something that's more of a structure than a biome seems kinda much, although the sprites are nice. if this was added to the game, i wouldn't hate it, i just think it's kinda unneccesary.

i don't get what you mean by "endless monotonous hordes"
The frequent spawning one one enemy (Meteor Heads) in great quantity without variation.
underworld
"Underworld" as in "Hell," right? I said Hell, didn't I?
cavern(yes, it's a biome)
"Purity."
as for the slimes, we have plenty of slimes, so we don't need more.
Slimes are an icon. Absolutely no harm will come from adding a new one, especially considering how many Slimes there are already. In fact, it would be wierd if Meteorites didn't have a Slime. It's already odd that there aren't Sand Slimes or something in the Desert.
i just think it's kinda unneccesary.
Point being...?

If we just added what was necessary to the game, we'd still be back in the Dark Ages of pre-1.1. Everything added since then can be described as "unnecessary."

Back
Top Bottom