tAPI NeoMods

I've done some more testing and found a few things out. I don't believe this to be a compatibility issue between Thorium+ and Neo Draw. The bug can be reproduced without Thorium+ enabled. It appears to be a memory issue. If I set the brush size to rather large, and start painting continuously, it has occasional freezes. When I watch my memory use while doing this the freeze always happens at 1.5gb of RAM used, even though my total RAM usage was only at 63%. The exact number this occurs at may be different for you, but it should consistently happen at the same amount of RAM usage. The memory limit for .Net apps seems to be 2gb, but a few pages have mentioned issues with game performance anywhere from 1.5gb - 1.7gb. If I exit the game entirely, then restart, the freezes never happen. If I then Reload Mods 8 or so times to get my RAM usage up to 1.4gb, I again start to have freezes. It's probably most noticable with Thorium+ simply because it loads so many textures, so the RAM usage climbs pretty fast. I don't think there's anything to fix the RAM usage limit. One alternative is to just exit and restart occasionally. I will look into making my Draw and Undo storage functions use less memory. Let me know if this doesn't sound like what's happening to you, or if you have any other thoughts.
Well it could be that but is it normal for them to happen even without doing anything? With neodraw open but wothout moving anything, it still occurs . I have 4 gb ram and terraria isnt very spec hungry.
So what do you recommend me to do for now?
Also i used to use thorium just fine with neodraw before...

NeoDevices seems to be disabling fall damage. I would guess it has something to do with the bouncing rubber, but could be wrong.

Well it could be that but is it normal for them to happen even without doing anything? With neodraw open but wothout moving anything, it still occurs . I have 4 gb ram and terraria isnt very spec hungry.
So what do you recommend me to do for now?
Also i used to use thorium just fine with neodraw before...
I probably made a change that wasn't very memory efficient it a recent update. I'm still going to go through my code to try and clean that up. I'm also going to implement a mod option to change the max undo/redo steps. Those steps can be the largest memory users since it stores the previous state of every altered tile. Hopefully these changes will improve the performance of the mod.

The best fix for now would be to fully exit tAPI, then restart when you start to notice freezes. If the freezes are happening when tAPI is first loaded, I can't think of any fix at the moment.

Terraria isn't very spec hungry, but tAPI can be. And the limiting memory factor isn't total RAM of the system, it's the RAM used by tAPI. I have 8gb of RAM and still get the freezing errors once tAPI reaches the 1.5gb of memory being used. It is possible for the game to freeze even while not doing anything. If you watch the memory being used by tAPI it's constantly going up, then dropping after each garbage collection occurs. So just having tAPI on without doing anything could make your game reach that memory limit.

You're correct that the issue didn't happen before. I've just added so many new functions to the mod, sometimes I lose track of how they interact with one another. It's several thousand lines of code now. I will make my best effort to fix it though. :)
NeoDevices seems to be disabling fall damage. I would guess it has something to do with the bouncing rubber, but could be wrong.
I thought I had disabled that in the version I released, but I may have forgotten to in the version you downloaded. It's supposed to add fall damage to NPCs to make piston traps more useful. And alters the way tAPI calculates where fallStart is calculated for the player. It will be disabled by default with a mod option to turn it on. I'll try to upload a corrected version this evening.

The update for Neo Devices is now available!

Here's the new stuff.
  • 2 / 3 Way Random Gate
  • Big Red Button
  • Cable Splice
  • Crossover
  • Drain
  • Flip-Flop
  • IF Gate
  • Item Collector
  • On / Off Switch
  • Relay
  • Turquise Pressure Plate
  • Sign Reader
  • Water / Lava / Honey Spigot
  • Spotlight
Check the OP for a description of each item.

I'd love to hear your comments on the new items.

The update for Neo Devices is now available!

Here's the new stuff.
  • 2 / 3 Way Random Gate
  • Big Red Button
  • Cable Splice
  • Crossover
  • Drain
  • Flip-Flop
  • IF Gate
  • Item Collector
  • On / Off Switch
  • Relay
  • Turquise Pressure Plate
  • Sign Reader
  • Water / Lava / Honey Spigot
  • Spotlight
Check the OP for a description of each item.

I'd love to hear your comments on the new items.
The Big Red Button... Yes please!

In tAPI, go to Mods, then select NeoRecipeBook and click on Mod Option. Click on Find ingredients and stop when it's none.

I uploaded two small updates:

Neo Draw
  • Integrated Preview Tiles from Neo Utilites
  • Vanilla Directional Tiles can now be placed in the other direction by holding ALT while placing

Neo Master Crafter
  • Added Silica
    • 5% chance drop when mining sand
    • Need 5 to make Silicon
  • Added Silicate Minerals
    • Silicate minerals added upon world generation
    • Use an inventory editor to get the item Silicate Generator, and use to add Silicate Minerals to an existing world
    • Need 3 to make Silicon
  • Added Silicon
    • Used to make Integrated Circuits
  • Added Integrated Circuit
    • Used to make complex machinery
  • Added Boss Summon Tiles similar to Plantera's Bulb for Slime King and Eater of Worlds
  • Option to disable creation of Boss Summon Tiles
  • Recipes added for everything. (I think)

Last update for a bit. Can't wait for 1.3 to come out!

Last edited:
so... with 1.3 and tAPI appearantly not updating , im guessing you wont update them anymore right? :/ i really miss neodraw.

so... with 1.3 and tAPI appearantly not updating , im guessing you wont update them anymore right? :/ i really miss neodraw.
If tAPI is continued, I will update them and continue working on them.

If another mod program is developed, I'd probably port mine over and might continue working on them.

If official modding support is added to Terraria, I'd definitely port them over and probably continue working on them.

I also uploaded new versions of all my mods rebuilt for tAPI r16.

how do i install these? i dont think tAPI will work with 1.3 installed
[DOUBLEPOST=1436117446,1436116985][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind

If tAPI is continued, I will update them and continue working on them.

If another mod program is developed, I'd probably port mine over and might continue working on them.

If official modding support is added to Terraria, I'd definitely port them over and probably continue working on them.

I also uploaded new versions of all my mods rebuilt for tAPI r16.
I look forward to it , hope one of these is done.

I found when i want to craft something that reveals ore and treasure, the recipe is weird.
1 something
1 tier 1 ore
10 tier 2 ore
1 tier 3 ore
1 tier 4 ore

No one has posted stuff since some time.
I suppose Neo is updating his mods but we haven't got any news on the progress.

Back
Top Bottom