Weapons & Equip Nerf Fledgling Wings

What should be done to Fledgling Wings?

• They should be nerfed.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • They should be left as they are.

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • They should be made available later in Pre-Hardmode progression.

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • They should be limited to Journey Mode.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • They should be buffed.

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
This means that there is no point in making suggestions here on the forums or talking about your wishes for things that could be in the game. It's all over people.

Sure, there’s no point, but it’s still fun. And you never know, someone might make a mod out of the idea, or the devs might give us a surprise update.

Everybody what's :red:ing about the Fledgling Wings in pre-hardmode simple answer for you don't use them.
I simply like them they don't need nerfing cause you are butthurt.
Sorry for my answer but someone has to say it.
Hi there @TechnoMonkeyDJ, whether you like the suggestion or not, just a friendly reminder that it's expected the comments about it should be made politely. Posts with :red:ings and butthurts rarely fit that definition. :)

They're literally less adaptable AND less effective Featherfall potions which are outclassed by almost everything. They're not overpowered in the slightest. You can't glide with fledgeling wings until you've exhausted their flight, meanwhile Featherfall potions improve all of your double jumps/rocket boots effects without taking up an accessory slot AND you can get even more air time with the potions by holding up. PLUS they don't affect your movement speed cap like the wings do. This is just another accessory which is overrated and outclassed by a potion with cheap ingredients. If you don't like them, use an actually powerful accessory.

Last edited:
Everybody what's :red:ing about the Fledgling Wings in pre-hardmode simple answer for you don't use them.
I simply like them they don't need nerfing cause you are butthurt.
Sorry for my answer but someone has to say it.
just cause you can ignore them doesn't mean they're essentially busted and ruin the pace of pre-HM. we aren't pouting about this as much as you are about us apparently :red:ing about them being busted as hell. literally all it'd be are a couple of lines of code, and a few changes. it wouldn't take that long, i would know cause i've :red:ed with the source code before and its not that hard to make tweaks to items. sorry that we want to make the transition into hardmode more subtle and keep the pace of the game intact.

In addition we have to remember that Terraria is now in version 1.4.1.2 so the game developers will not make any new updates.
This means that there is no point in making suggestions here on the forums or talking about your wishes for things that could be in the game. It's all over people.
that's not true, they're still going to be making updates here and there. the only real difference is that they aren't going to make major changes to the game like adding tons of content. it's not out of the question for them to still be making balance changes to the game.

just cause you can ignore them doesn't mean they're essentially busted and ruin the pace of pre-HM. we aren't pouting about this as much as you are about us apparently :red:ing about them being busted as hell. literally all it'd be are a couple of lines of code, and a few changes. it wouldn't take that long, i would know cause i've :red:ed with the source code before and its not that hard to make tweaks to items. sorry that we want to make the transition into hardmode more subtle and keep the pace of the game intact.

that's not true, they're still going to be making updates here and there. the only real difference is that they aren't going to make major changes to the game like adding tons of content. it's not out of the question for them to still be making balance changes to the game.
They are not busted. An example of an item that’s busted is the Pogo Stick. It takes absolutely nothing to obtain and essentially gives you a vertical dash downward that can easily last you for the entire rest of the game (seriously, this thing let me utterly obliterate and murder Duke Fishron and Enraged Empress the MOMENT their summon items became available). Also, almost every other mobility accessory in prehardmode gives more agility while also not capping your aerial movement speed. Changes of direction are what’s truly powerful in mobility, NOT air time, and the Fledgeling Wing’s terrible acceleration combined with their low flight time makes them utterly worthless for this.

There is no evidence that this is actually the truth. I don't think they will do anything from now on. Except for one thing: Terraria 2.

Fledgling Wings are alright and hardly need a nerf. Their hilariously bad flight time stops them from really doing anything amazing on their own and keep them firmly locked in QoL territory compared to any of the HM-wings. It's essentially just a less effective Feather Falling Potion but as an accessory and not a timed buff.

There is no evidence that this is actually the truth. I don't think they will do anything from now on. Except for one thing: Terraria 2.

Didn't we just get 1.4.1.2 which is generally a massive balance update which is exactly what this post is suggesting?

Didn't we just get 1.4.1.2 which is generally a massive balance update which is exactly what this post is suggesting?
Yes, we are in 1.4.1.2 version now. And I'm saying that there won't be any updates in the future.
They said their next project might not even be terraria related.
Oh, that's sad to me, I was expecting something better like Terraria but with more possibilities.

They don't need nerfed. Their stats become any lower and they essentially lose all utility, as they already lack the sheer propellant power of other mobility accessories. As it stands it's the first time I've ever had any actual incentive to explore floating islands in pre-hardmode and acts as a taster for better wings in hardmode. To get the most out of them I had to combine them with other accessories like the Terraspark Boots anyway.

unpopular opinion: they should be buffed. unless you know that lightning boots are pre hm there is no reason on nerfing it, Fledgling wings are the ONLY wings and pre hm and they are kinda bad, Heck even rocket boots fly higher, and rocket boots can bet upgraded so many times in pre hm until it creates the frostspark boots, which is the highest mobilty equip ever in pre hm

unpopular opinion: they should be buffed. unless you know that lightning boots are pre hm there is no reason on nerfing it, Fledgling wings are the ONLY wings and pre hm and they are kinda bad, Heck even rocket boots fly higher, and rocket boots can bet upgraded so many times in pre hm until it creates the frostspark boots, which is the highest mobilty equip ever in pre hm
Actually, believe it or not, there are even stronger mobility items than Frostspark or even Terraspark in prehardmode. The Bundle of Balloons literally turns you into an assault aircraft, and the Amphibian Boots give all wings a permanent upgrade. This isn't to say that frostspark+it's upgrades are bad, it's just they aren't even the best and they're already better than these wings.

Back
Top Bottom