On Strange Plants...

My friend made a skybridge out of dirt (no grass) and they spawn there. They have fancy leaves and colors, so you cant avoid them. Wiki says they won't spawn 350 blocks near another dye plant

I just made a sky bridge around 1200 ft long at 706 altitude on a medium world, and I walked down the bridge and back again and one spawned almost immediately. It was above the forest/purity at spawn, and is on an expert world.

2015-07-08_00004.jpg

Last edited:
theyre dropping like candy now . ive nuked all dye plants in case but a world long dirt sky bridge works great. Also I look Swaglicious Capture 2015-07-08 20_46_34.png Capture 2015-07-08 20_47_11.png

Their spawn rate is freaking ridiculous. I made a gigantic dirt bridge on my world close to max height and still nothing. I also feel like this "can't spawn withen 350 blocks from another dye plant" to be kinda stupid. I mean, that applies to normal dye plants too, and those spawn all the freaking time, so players that don't feel like creating a giant dirt road on the top of their worlds probably won't see one of these plants if they play normally.

Their spawn rate is freaking ridiculous. I made a gigantic dirt bridge on my world close to max height and still nothing. I also feel like this "can't spawn withen 350 blocks from another dye plant" to be kinda stupid. I mean, that applies to normal dye plants too, and those spawn all the freaking time, so players that don't feel like creating a giant dirt road on the top of their worlds probably won't see one of these plants if they play normally.

Pretty sure it doesnt apply to "normal (dye) plants".

-plot twist: the normal plants cant spawn withing 350 tiles of a strange one.

Dye plants grow on my bridge with an elevation of 990', but not on my bridge with elevation 1100'. The limit must be somewhere between those numbers, and 1000 seems probable, however I cannot say for sure.
Wait... There's a height limit for the sky bridge to wield drops for strange plants? Goddamit, i feel like i'll need to remove the entire dirt bridge i made above 1100 height.

Pretty sure it doesnt apply to "normal (dye) plants".

-plot twist: the normal plants cant spawn withing 350 tiles of a strange one.

Is that a guess, or does it actually not apply to normal dye plants? If so the spawn rate for then is still super freaking low. I checked on map viewer on my main world for all 4 types of plants, with at least 30 days having passed, and there isn't a single one detected.

Wait... There's a height limit for the sky bridge to wield drops for strange plants? Goddamit, i feel like i'll need to remove the entire dirt bridge i made above 1100 height.

Is that a guess, or does it actually not apply to normal dye plants? If so the spawn rate for then is still super freaking low. I checked on map viewer on my main world for all 4 types of plants, with at least 30 days having passed, and there isn't a single one detected.

Well, last time i had a dye plant farm, it wasnt bigger than 100 blocks and it spawned the yellow and blue dye plants, but this was on console, i could test it, but for that i first need to destroy EVERYTHING till the 0 layer...sooo...

Also, after seeing what 350 tiles is, yeah. I dont think it applies to normal plants...

I've seen several videos on YouTube where apparently the player has farmed almost 80 of these things. There is some key element that is preventing some players from seeing them despite enormous time/effort while others get dozens with minimal effort. We just need to figure out what specifically that is.

Normal dye plants do block spawns of Strange Plants. The reverse is not true however, which I can confirm from personal experience.
...it was a joke. Also. I found 2 pink pearls real close to each other(like one screen), so yeah, limit doesnt apply to normal plants :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1436413203,1436413113][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've seen several videos on YouTube where apparently the player has farmed almost 80 of these things. There is some key element that is preventing some players from seeing them despite enormous time/effort while others get dozens with minimal effort. We just need to figure out what specifically that is.

People say they spawn when making a multiplayer game and....what not...

Just follow the advice laid out in here already. Guarantee that there are no dye plant-friendly surfaces within 350 tiles of your dirt bridge, and they WILL spawn. 350 tiles is more than it sounds, if your stuff isn't working make sure you did actually check to ensure you have 350 tiles of clearance.

Just follow the advice laid out in here already. Guarantee that there are no dye plant-friendly surfaces within 350 tiles of your dirt bridge, and they WILL spawn. 350 tiles is more than it sounds, if your stuff isn't working make sure you did actually check to ensure you have 350 tiles of clearance.
Is it like 350 litteral blocks? I made the bridge around 990 level since according to someone they won't grow above 1000ft in a large world. While the ground level is usually around 400. Is that enough or am i going to have to bomb the :red: out of my entire world in order for my dirt bridge to actually work properly?

Also, this whole deal just to get a good rate of these plants is quite infurating. It feels like they messed up coding on their spawn and just left i like that...

350 blocks absolutely free of dye plants, yes. 700 ingame feet.
Wow, that is litteraly the worst spawning mechanic i have ever seen in my life. Who tought it was a good idea to make it so that this stuff wouldn't spawn absolutely anywhere unless you went out of your way and some more for it to happen.

It's rather gnarly, I agree. I happened to have a 1.2 world I had already mostly mined out. I just 'sploded what was left. It's almost entirely empty now, it's kind of crazy. I can upload if you guys would like to see.

It's rather gnarly, I agree. I happened to have a 1.2 world I had already mostly mined out. I just 'sploded what was left. It's almost entirely empty now, it's kind of crazy. I can upload if you guys would like to see.
Just send a snapshot of the mess you made, would be fun to see.

Wow, that is litteraly the worst spawning mechanic i have ever seen in my life. Who tought it was a good idea to make it so that this stuff wouldn't spawn absolutely anywhere unless you went out of your way and some more for it to happen.
Well thats why they are rare, also, that +1000 high is not a sure thing, some times it works sone times it doesnt, like when i make pink pearls farms, is like they chooses a place, and they just spawn there, nowhere else.

Well thats why they are rare, also, that +1000 high is not a sure thing, some times it works sone times it doesnt, like when i make pink pearls farms, is like they chooses a place, and they just spawn there, nowhere else.
There's being rare and then there's "let :red: over any player that dosn't want to make a giant scar of dirt in their world to get cool vanity items. That'll teach then to play their own way."

Back
Top Bottom