Weapons & Equip Origin Gear: a utility armor and others

This is a poll

• Total voters
Yes, but imagine it in multiplayer with 2-3 rangers/mages using this armour and 1-2 tanks, it doesn't matter how much defence you get from it, the rangers/mages won't get hit at all.
I don't see your logic. It's not like it makes them invincible, it just makes them less likely to be targeted. Also I'd prefer to have stat boosts while in combat.

Nice idea, always wanted mechanical turrets, rather than summoned ones. For stuff like tower defense.

I don't see your logic. It's not like it makes them invincible, it just makes them less likely to be targeted. Also I'd prefer to have stat boosts while in combat.
You do have a point there, but my logic is that if you have tank classes (which would usually have items that make you more likely to be targeted) and ranged classes using this armour, the ranged classes wouldn't be getting targeted at all (there is a very minute chance of it still happening), all the ranged player would have to do is dodge and shoot. I am not saying it should be nerfed, but just make it use Luminite in the recipe for the turrets/drones and/or armour, and the turrets/drones shouldn't attack players making them useless in PVP.

You do have a point there, but my logic is that if you have tank classes (which would usually have items that make you more likely to be targeted) and ranged classes using this armour, the ranged classes wouldn't be getting targeted at all (there is a very minute chance of it still happening), all the ranged player would have to do is dodge and shoot. I am not saying it should be nerfed, but just make it use Luminite in the recipe for the turrets/drones and/or armour, and the turrets/drones shouldn't attack players making them useless in PVP.
Do minions even do anything in PvP? Besides that, I have no idea why anything in the game would ever be balanced around such a small thing that isn't necessary to the game.

You do realize Shroomite armor does the exact same thing in making enemies not target you? I think, at least...

Yes, but imagine it in multiplayer with 2-3 rangers/mages using this armour and 1-2 tanks, it doesn't matter how much defence you get from it, the rangers/mages won't get hit at all.
Lol, you do realize that this armor has half the defense of vortex while providing absolutely no damage boosts what so ever right?

All ranged armor have this effect, and as crackshotCerberus has stated, this is so enemies don't bother you as much while you mine (still only in multiplayer though, but who cares)

View attachment 32174

So, what do you use to build and mine? Your usual Spectre/Beetle/Shroomite/etc., or the mining armor with its insanely high 3 defense!

Well I for one, would like to have a new armor for the task of efficient mining and building in hardmode.

kdcROYP.png

Enter: Origin Gear
divider.png

So before I begin, I'd like to introduce a new enemy/npc:

Meet Frank, he's a human, and critically insane.

View attachment 32159

Charming fella isn't he?

Now, he will be a semi rare (like wyvern rarity), post mech spawn in (take note of this) a pure area of the cavern layer. No, he won't be just standing there like a nymph. He has..... a bit more style

View attachment 32160

Frank's ride

Max life: 3500
Damage: 50
Defense: 35
KB resist: 100%
Coins:
Gold_Coin.png
x3

Drops:
100% View attachment 32168 Origin Core 10-15

Frank's Ride behaves in a similar way to the current Frost Moon elf copters. Hovering around you, while firing a barrage of glowing green bullets. Considering the cramped conditions of many areas in the cavern layer, Frank's ride can no-clip blocks in a similar way.

At half health, The cockpit window breaks open, revealing Frank. At this point, the ride will also begins firing heat ray-like lasers. When destroyed, Frank hops out and begins attacking you on his own.

View attachment 32159

Frank

Max life: 500
Damage: 30
KB resist: 45%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x5

He isn't the brightest fella, so all he'll do for now is charge at you with Fighter Ai. Nothing extremely special. When "killed" , rather than gibing like most enemies, he'll "poof" in a green light.

I'm also considering that he and his ride also may spawn on the surface during Solar Eclipses. What are your opinions on that?

divider.png

Now for the actual bulk of the suggestion.

View attachment 32168

Origin Core

Type: Crafting Material
Max stack: 99
Rarity:
Rarity_color_3.png

Sell:
Silver_Coin.png
x3

These will be the main component of this suggestion.

divider.png

Origin Gear

View attachment 32164

Origin Headgear

Defense: 9
Max stack: 1
Body Slot: Helmet
Tooltip:
10% increased mining speed
provides light

Crafted with:
View attachment 32168 Origin Core x8

View attachment 32163

Origin Breastplate

Defense: 12
Body Slot: Shirt
Tooltip:
15% increased mining speed
Enemies are less likely to target you

Crafted with:
View attachment 32168 Origin Core x12

View attachment 32165

Origin Leggings

Defense 9
Body Slot: Pants
Tooltip:
10% increased movement speed
8% increased flight time

Crafted with:
View attachment 32168 Origin Core x10

Full Set

View attachment 32162 View attachment 32161

Total Defense: 30
25% increased mining speed
10% increased movement speed
8% increased flight time
Provides light

Set bonus: +2 tool range, increased tile placement.

Pretty self explanatory. It doesn't provide the full 30% mining speed of mining armor, but has ten times the defense, making it less suicidal for hardmode. Additionally, the light provided would be equal to that of holding an ultra bright torch.

divider.png

Drones and Turrets

Now, a crafting material with only one use is looked down upon right? (I'm looking at you bee wax). Cue drones and turrets.

divider.png

Drones

Drones act like minion, hovering around the player and attacking nearby mobs. Unlike minions, drones have a 2 minute time limit, displayed as a health bar below each drone. When that time limit is reached, they deactivate, and fall to the ground. Deactivated drones have a 25% chance to be recoverable.

Drones will always stay near the player, only venturing 5 blocks away to target enemies, moving in sync with the player. A limit of 4 drones can be active at any given time. Each drone type has a specific range and damage.

View attachment 32156

B Type Drone
Type: Consumable
Damage: 23
Knockback: 2
Velocity: 8
Firing speed: 11
Range: 12 blocks

B Types fire bullets in 3 shot volleys

View attachment 32155

A Type Drone
Damage: 39
Knockback: 2.5
Velocity: 10
Firing speed: 19
Range: 18 blocks

A Types shoot arrows that pierce 2 enemies.

View attachment 32157

F Type Drone
Damage: 25
Knockback: 0
Velocity: 7
Firing speed: 25
Range: 8 blocks

F Types shoot 4 short ranged lines of fire that inflict On Fire!

View attachment 32158

R Type Drone
Damage: 50
Knockback: 4
Velocity: 5
Firing speed: 40
Range: 12 blocks

R Types fire rockets that deal splash damage.

All drones are crafted the same way, but with their respective ammo types.

Crafting:

View attachment 32168 Origin Core x3
Soul_of_Light.png
Soul of Light x5
Musket_Ball.png
x50/
Wooden_Arrow.png
x25/
Gel.png
x50/
Rocket_I.png
x5

Crafts 3 drones

Alternately, the F type drones could be crafted with fuel canisters from this suggestion by @SzGamer227

divider.png

Turrets

Turrets are stationary traps that occupy 2x2 blocks. When enemies are near, they track enemies and fire at them. They must be wired to and turned on to fire. They can be placed on any block and will rotate accordingly. They can also be placed on background walls.

Like drones, each type has specific stats:

View attachment 32170

B Type Turret
Type: Functional Furniture
Damage: 12
Knockback: 2
Velocity: 8
Firing speed: 4
Range: 10 blocks

Continuously fires bullets

View attachment 32169

A Type Turret
Damage: 20
Knockback: 2.5
Velocity: 10
Firing speed: 19
Range: 15 blocks

Shoots arrows

View attachment 32171

F Type Turret
Damage: 12
Knockback: 0
Velocity: 7
Firing speed: 25
Range: 6 blocks

Shoots 4 short ranged lines of fire that inflict On Fire!

View attachment 32172

R Type Turret
Damage: 25
Knockback: 4
Velocity: 5
Firing speed: 40
Range: 10 blocks

Fires rockets that deal splash damage

All turrets share the same crafting recipe.

Crafted with:

View attachment 32168 Origin Core x2
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
Iron/Lead bars x10
Wire.png
Wire x2

Crafts 1 turret

You might have noticed the lack of ammo and the generally low damage values. That is because turrets need to have a stock of ammo to fire. Right clicking a turret brings up 4 ammo slots. Each turret will only accept its specific ammo type (bullets/arrows/gel(fuel canisters)/rockets). Meaning you can have a B type firing crystal bullets, or an A type firing Jester arrows. Due to how these come from functional furniture, Rocket II and Rocket IV will not destroy blocks when fired out of a R type turret. Due to current in-game balancing, Pumpkin Moon ammo and Stynger bolts will not be compatible with turrets.

divider.png

Propulsion Unit

Also, why not include a nice new set of wings to go along with this suggestion?

View attachment 32257 View attachment 32256

Propulsion unit
Type: Accessory
Max Stack: 1
Duration: 190%
Speed: 100
Special: Down + jump allows horizontal hovering.

Crafted with:

View attachment 32168 Origin Core x8
Soul_of_Flight.png
Soul of Flight x20

Pretty self explanatory. It's slow, has a long flight time, and can hover. However, these don't get the horizontal speed boost the Hoverboard grants.

divider.png

Well that's it for this suggestion. Comments and any proper feedback is really appreciated
index.php

Frank is named after one of my dad's IRL friends (Frank) who has a rather humorous Chinese name, FaLingDai. This caused some....interesting exchanges with an American immigration officer.

Banner code:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/origin-gear-a-utility-armor-and-others.12945/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/origin-gear-png.32174/[/IMG][/URL]
Not a fan of the drones, and frank needs a slight spawn buff. Other than that, nice idea!
I like this, but maybe franks ride could have a mount? Maybe?
So you wanna be a playa, butcha ride ain't fly? Hit frank up, and he'll drop a pimped out ride.

You do realize Shroomite armor does the exact same thing in making enemies not target you? I think, at least...
Shroomite provides a passive ranged damage boost when standing stationary and reduces the chance to target you

Lol, you do realize that this armor has half the defense of vortex while providing absolutely no damage boosts what so ever right?

All ranged armor have this effect, and as crackshotCerberus has stated, this is so enemies don't bother you as much while you mine (still only in multiplayer though, but who cares)
Ok fine, you bested me, I have nothing else to say...I do love the mod but I think that it could have a changed recipe to require luminite bars or have an increased chance to spawn in the Martian Invasion.

Ok fine, you bested me, I have nothing else to say...I do love the mod but I think that it could have a changed recipe to require luminite bars or have an increased chance to spawn in the Martian Invasion.
Mod? This is a suggestion

The Drones are consumable, unlimited time summons?

(adds buff effect, disappears when right clicked or you die)

Back
Top Bottom