IC Planeswalk

Eldgar goes to follow, but yeah, he had to trip and fall into sand, because he did a wrong tail swipe... or was that movement... Regardless of that, the wyvern was annoyed, and got up again, just to panic flap again, fall, but over much further distance travelled... well, exagerration, but still, a bit more than would he do in a burst.

"Hold on... show me a memory? Like, as in visually?"
*He seems to be interested in this new method of showing.*
"I'll... take that as a yes."
She grabs your wrist, or the equivalent of it, and you see... a memory, as thoughts and feelings are transmitted through a... blessing.
Memory #1: Good in me
The day before...

She worked for an odd company. An odd company devoted to gathering power. Not in a political or some metaphorical sense. Literal, electric power, in order to power the world she used to live in.

The odd part was, they required the help of creatures that were thought only to be seen in fairy tales or legends.

Sooner or later, the monstrous creatures who lived here became commonplace.

However... She was never truly accustomed to it.

She never saw the large chaos that happened in the other departments. All she did was doing in the research department. She just did her work, finish up harvesting E-Boxes, and got home. Even when at home, chaos followed her there in the form of neighbors who tend to blare music out of their walls.

She never really got enough sleep.

The day...

The day where everything changed.

The day where she was not herself...

ever again.

She was working on a creature, as always.
The one before this one being a masked doctor of some sort.
They spoke of a world that would be perfect, where everyone would be forgiven of their sins. She did not believe that. The doctor gave them a blessing, but with her doubt, it was able to limit the blessing's potential.

Now, she was working with a floating skull, which her co-workers said that if you were to confess to it, you would feel better. With the troubling blessing, she confessed about it to the skull.

At the same time, the rapture began. The doctor had transformed into an angelic yet monstrous creature, and those who were blessed by them turned into monstrous missionaries of destruction, one by one. When it was time for her to turn, she completed her confession. The confession caused beams of light from to strike the blessed of the doctor, including herself, and even the angelic creature, sending them back into containment. However, as she was not affected by the transformation to the monstrous missionary yet, she was spared from death, as the twelfth blessed.

However, the destruction caused by the short existence of the missionaries was still destruction, and caused havoc, releasing creatures from their rooms, and quickly spreading.

She was unconscious for most of the time. The facility was at its most highest emergency level. When she got up, the skull was still there, but it did nothing to help. She opened the door, and was shocked.

Blood... Blood splattered across the walls... And... creatures running loose... She grabbed her EGO weapon, the weapon that was issued to her for occasions like this, a scythe in a musical note... And she wanted to get out.

After going through many hallways, now that most of the other ones had been blocked, she saw her former co-workers, all driven mad by the chaos, killing each other, beating each other to death. In this hallway, only one of her own friends was left, and they charged at her. With one sweep, she beheaded her friend in an act of self-defense.

Immediately feeling guilty, she collapsed and began to weep. Mourning for her friend, and mourning for all her co-workers who she worked with. Why? Why was this happening to her? Why couldn't she have taken a sick day or something to avoid the sorrow of this disaster, and the death of their own friend?

Eyes appeared around her, but she didn't care.
Tremors of footsteps came from behind her, but she didn't care.
She had just lost... every will that she had. Everything... gone.
She simply cried.

After a few moments, she finally noticed the presence of the creature behind her. Turning around to face the creature, she wished she didn't do that the moment she saw it. She was taken that moment. She was gone. No trace left, except for her scythe, fittingly named, "Da Capo".
She let go of the equivalent of your wrist. A bit overwhelmed by the flood of despair she felt before...
"... A long time. Since... There was... madness... yet its curse... still follows."
She appeared to be a bit delirious.(Hehehehe I saw your daily meme.) (Also I for some reason I have a library of memories, but I'm limiting it to one per day, using exhaustion of the "blessing" of the doctor's preachings as the excuse.)

Vincent continued to lead the way, which, since it would take another post since that's how many that I used before to find all of you.

"Well... I have no words... you were exposed to something so... hideous and crazy... no wonder you were acting the way that you were..."
((Heh. Binding of Isaac, let me tell ya. Quite a game.))

"Hmm. Well... I searched. Searched for the company where I worked at, but I couldn't find it, for a long time, but it... it's gone now. This place is similar to where I worked. Cursed, the main area underground, and filled with creatures that are simply looking for an escape. Reminds me of my old facility... Maybe unhealthy to dwell on old memories, maybe unhealthy to resent your own manager for putting you in that department, but memories aren't supposed to be forgotten, they are supposed to be learned from. Learned from... Er... Well... I don't mean to burden you with memories of someone else, and since they weren't originally yours, I think you could forget them easily if you wanted. The way I gave them to you was similar to how... the doctor gave me my 'blessing', though, I won't ever give that curse to you. I'm... I'm sorry you had to experience something so sudden."

She paused before continuing.

"Words of advice, don't go too far down into the building. As long as the old man's curse exists, you can't enter the deep end without facing peril that would be more powerful than people like... me, I guess. But as long as you say in the normal building, you're fine. I'm looking to break that curse... because in a way, they are just like me, save for being older than me, I guess. Also, I'll... er... tell you, I might have... something like a personality change now and then. I think you would have seen... Beak or someone like that. It's just a name referring to certain... traits that I have."

Vincent would arrive at this moment with the others near the unlit campfire. Orifan1 can just simply say Dart followed silently if he wanted to.

"Seems... the one who I saw you with has come back."
Her wing twitched nervously, and her many eyes intently stared at the arriving group.
"Well, with others with them. If you want, you can see what they are doing."

She chuckled a bit at a thought that popped into her mind. "In a way yes, in a way, no. The doctor didn't do this to me, however. It was something else. Something that was paved with good intentions, but... utterly fell to hell."

"Be careful what you wish. But, if you want, I can share more memories as we go along in life. But I can really only share one per day, since my own limits."

"Well, you better see what is with the others who got here. I've kept you for long enough, I would think."

"Well, we're here. There's the building, and the ocean is nearby so you could probably get some fish or [unsure of marine biology, decides to name clams out of literally everything.] some food like that like clams or something."

It just felt all wrong to Eldgar, he often used to humanly order stuff or whatever, not viciously claw with wing-arms/wing-legs/wing-limbs or whatever. Or bite. - "Seriously, being a... uhh... must be weird anyway."

- "Because... for sickle and hammer sake, what is that Wawel Dragon!?" - He took a wrong idea, especially as it was the only thing he knew of dragons, of all he knew.

"sickle... and hammer? Are you getting at the USSR or somethin?"
*the fox reveals himself, hearing the conversation being foretold, not for stalking, just for curiosity."

Back
Top Bottom