Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Very nice. I need a New 3DS (Of any kind, potentially the Fire Emblem one if I can find it~), since mine has a crack on the screen... which sucks. A lot. Because it stops me from enjoying many a game... Mainly my Rune Factory. I went through a withdrawal awhile back. It was what you would expect. But enough about that... and enough out of me for this post because I have nothing to say pokemon related at this time.
I have two 3DS. One of them is newer, and the other has a crack down the screen.
Why did I keep the broken one?
To trade with myself.
Yes, I have no friends. At all. Ever.

i'd go for team rocket they where based on making money through shady techniques which i believe to be the most logical of any of the teams objectives. not to mention there isn't a type restriction like the other teams have, team rocket trainers use the most powerful and rare pokemon they can get.

i'd go for team rocket they where based on making money through shady techniques which i believe to be the most logical of any of the teams objectives. not to mention there isn't a type restriction like the other teams have, team rocket trainers use the most powerful and rare pokemon they can get.
Rocket isnt the only one with no type restrictions... Actually come to think of it Magma and Aqua are the only ones that do. Even Flare used various pokemon types.

I ordered a First Edition Japanese Rage of the Broken Heavens Booster Box (my first ever booster box as well) off amazon and it came a couple weeks early. When I ordered it I actually thought I was purchasing a standard box rather than a first edition because the price was a little lower than the others and it didn't say first edition anywhere on the ad. Safe to say that worked out for the better.

RF1kEJy.png

Here's my pulls. Grabbed that first edition Mega Gyarados EX Full Art tho. Believe it or not though, the Garchomp Holo is my favorite card I got. Frickin' love that Poke. I was fortunate enough to get the BREAK card I wanted out of the set too! Unfortunately I didn't snag either Darkrai card, I'll probably just buy those singles later though. A few George Washingtons and a Hamilton would be worth a Darkrai, methinks.

I might have a video of me clumsily opening the box and packs if youtube decides to cooperate, so if you want to watch that, then yeah. Or don't, because I kinda spoiled the video with the above image

I'm good at this

Last edited:
A bit worried about spoilers for sun and moon so may not view this thread too often past the starters and maybe a few other things.

I'm sorreh guise
I just don't want to spoil the entire thing. Sure, it might mean I pick the ugliest starter's pre-evolution, but who cares? I might begin to like a starter I would have hated and begin to like it.
I will still click on alerts but if I see one word relating to spoilers I don't want then the moment it loads I'm going back.

If I'm honest, probably Team Snagem from Pokémon Colosseum/XD. Mainly because, even though they aren't the main villainous team of those games, they're one of the few competent teams in any Pokémon game. To be more specific, they're the only one to my knowledge that are willing to use their Pokémon to incapacitate trainers (it only happened once in XD, but still), and they also developed a device that allows one to steal Pokémon directly from another trainer. Sure, it'd mean I'd have to go bald, but being competent > having long, luxurious hair

that, or Team Cipher from the same games for the same reasons, plus their uniforms are cool

If I'm honest, probably Team Snagem from Pokémon Colosseum/XD. Mainly because, even though they aren't the main villainous team of those games, they're one of the few competent teams in any Pokémon game. To be more specific, they're the only one to my knowledge that are willing to use their Pokémon to incapacitate trainers (it only happened once in XD, but still), and they also developed a device that allows one to steal Pokémon directly from another trainer. Sure, it'd mean I'd have to go bald, but being competent > having long, luxurious hair

that, or Team Cipher from the same games for the same reasons, plus their uniforms are cool
i wanna replay XD now lol which version of cipher though Colosseum or gale of darkness

Obviously I'd think of this from the standpoint that I'm living in this Pokemon world, I don't know everything like I would playing the games, I don't know the teams are evil or what their ulterior motives are, I just know what they're telling everyone.

So, if I'm thinking back and remembering them correctly, I think Team Plasma is the one that would be the most likely to reel me in with their motives, they are the team that seems the most innocent, and it's clear that's what they were going for, too.

Impressions: Beat Up Weavile + Terrakion seems to be pretty effective in Double Battles (and, by extension, Triple Battles if Terrakion is in the center) in multiplayer. Only if your opponent doesn't see it coming, however; it sort of loses its effectiveness a little bit without the surprise factor.

Impressions: Beat Up Weavile + Terrakion seems to be pretty effective in Double Battles (and, by extension, Triple Battles if Terrakion is in the center) in multiplayer. Only if your opponent doesn't see it coming, however; it sort of loses its effectiveness a little bit without the surprise factor.
You're pretty much on spot, but the reason it's not very effective anymore is because it was invented and very popular in something like '12 or '13. If someone sees a Weavile and a Terrakion on the same team these days this is the strategy that is expected.

Now, I'm a bit rusty on my VGC knowledge, but I do recall being able to OHKO Terrakion is a pretty common benchmark to beat. Either way at least it used to be, Terrakion probably isn't very popular right now because of Landorus-T. And if the opponent succesfully gets a KO on Terrakion before it attacks you have one KO'd pokémon before having dealt any damage to the opponent.

But it's nice to see some doubles discussion, I much prefer this format over singles.

Oh yeah, I ended up participating in my first Battle Spot battle competition last week. It was the Kanto Classics Tournament, so I had to use the first 149 Pokemon with no items, because I wanted the participation prize of RB Lance's Dragonite.

I was really confident going in, although I couldn't get everything I wanted in my team, like a good Cloyster or Machamp. But then I rushed at the last minute so much that I didn't get everything to level 50, thinking they'd just set it to 50. They didn't. So I'm just this idiot with a level 45 Dugtrio that I accidentally forgot to teach Stone Edge and it had Growl instead.
My team was a SR setting Dugtrio, Multiscale Dragon Dance Dragonite, Rapid Spin Starmie, that Sludge Wave Gengar, and the Alakazam and Ninetales I used in the ORAS story.

Battle 1 was a good ol' Dragonite sweep until my opponent forfeited. Battle 2 was a reminder that Sleep Clause isn't a thing that I should not have won by all means but somehow did. Battle 3 was a close battle that had me get lose to a Shiny Snorlax. And Battle 4... was my breaking point after a tanky Clefable with Calm Mind, Moonlight, and Minimize just sat there and taunted me while the RNG just constantly screwed me over.

I... think I'm just gonna stick to Showdown.

Remember to download your Jirachis boys and girls.

Next month is Darkrai and will be another card one, so make your GameStop related plans ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom