NPCs & Enemies Put your characters in worlds as NPCs.

Great idea. one point - update the main post with the mirror idea. not all people read though all the comments. Also maybe we could have them enter by a drop down menu on the character selection screen, so you select NPC and then which world to go in? IDK, just an idea

i just had an idea. how about instead of trading with them, they give you quests like the angler? they could be to defeat a boss or bring an item. whats more, if they ask for an item, you can choose to keep it or give it them. to counter the effect of giving a low level character OP gear, or to stop low level playable players getting asked for stuff they can't get, the items requested could be based on the quest givers game advancement and also the current characters game advancement. giving it them would actually give it to the character

I Dig It.png

I like this. I think it would be even cooler if you could hire them (1-10 gold coins depending on gear or the npc) to do a certain job. Jobs like; mining, fighting, gathering, farming, ect.

I like this. I think it would be even cooler if you could hire them (1-10 gold coins depending on gear or the npc) to do a certain job. Jobs like; mining, fighting, gathering, farming, ect.

Seems a bit overpowered. I think it should stay as just additional, non-functional NPCs. You could swap items with them or give them custom lines at the mirror, but that's about it.

If a hardcore character died as an NPC, would that character 'die'?

When they "died," instead of dying, they'd have a magic mirror sound and particle effect, and leave the world.

Does this answer your question?

I like this idea. Pretty cool. But how would you get the characters in the world? When you leave would there just be a button that says "Leave character in world" or something? I like it overall, but it needs some logistics.

I like this idea. Pretty cool. But how would you get the characters in the world? When you leave would there just be a button that says "Leave character in world" or something? I like it overall, but it needs some logistics.

Once you unlock the mirror furniture item in a world, you have an option in the Housing tab to select player characters. How does one obtain this mirror? I have no idea. Maybe the Stylist could sell it.

I usually never do things like take out OP items for a new character, whenever I start a new character I make a new world and stick to that world.
Support!

EDIT: Say if you played on a world with 4 of your characters and went on it with a fifth, would you see all 4 previous characters? Or just the most recent character?

I usually never do things like take out OP items for a new character, whenever I start a new character I make a new world and stick to that world.
Support!

EDIT: Say if you played on a world with 4 of your characters and went on it with a fifth, would you see all 4 previous characters? Or just the most recent character?

I feel like there's a misunderstanding among some commentors. You'll be able to assign your characters to houses through the housing tab. So, as many characters as you want.

I feel like there's a misunderstanding among some commentors. You'll be able to assign your characters to houses through the housing tab. So, as many characters as you want.
Full support then. That'd be awesome, and give more liveliness to your worlds.

It doesn't say that in the OP. You might want to edit it.

This idea is already realized apart - in Nterraria mod there are citizens - each character that visited world and set spawn point will spawn at world spawn, and after death on his spawnpoint(they pathfinding like zombies, but really good fighting)

Back
Top Bottom