• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

JimboTex

Spazmatism
I'm really concerned about "Master Mode". If it's just doubling the stats again I think it will be the opposite of fun- we already saw a player get essentially one-shotted by Moonlord in the trailer, a boss which is already criticized for having too many cheap attacks.
Actually, if you look at the trailer again, each of those Master Mode clips starts with the player somewhere between half health and 1/4 health, and (at least in the case of the EoW and Moon Lord clips) the killing blow doesn't come until the player is down to single digits in health.

Lord Garak

Retinazer
Actually, if you look at the trailer again, each of those Master Mode clips starts with the player somewhere between half health and 1/4 health, and (at least in the case of the EoW and Moon Lord clips) the killing blow doesn't come until the player is down to single digits in health.
It dealt over 350 damage in one hit

Oh man, if the base game had built-in support for mods and sharable adventure maps (and apparently some creative mode) then it really would be Terraria Journey's End Finalest Super Ultra Turbo Edition HD Remix The New Challengers & Knuckles. Think you can take it? Not when I shift into, MAXIMUM OVEREXPERT

And I wasn't expecting the bestiary to actually show you even the drops for the monster holy paloola. Do I even get the tooltip if I'm looking at the equipment the thing may drop? Hmm

There's this one item in the trailer I'm thinking about. FOSSIL PICKAXE. Did they update what you can do with fossils to make it count like a full new ore now, before Hellstone? That's really interesting because to even dig fossils in the first place you need to go higher than mineral pickaxes, you need corruption/crimson pickaxe (or reaver shark), and any Eater/Brain stuff you got previously made obsolete everything you could dig except Hellstone. So not only is it a new ore but it's properly in a separate progression tier too? I like the sound of that (there's also the 3 super cool ores that are added since hardmode, but literally in the next step you get hallowed bars which already make all 3 obsolete and then you only seek jungle chlorophyte instead, normally you have to cycle through the pickaxes of the 3 in order but not if you just open fishing crates), and I SWEAR there's that new gray-brown brick thing that I can't tell if it's going to be another ore too or not

Also you better know I'm totally spreading that glowing moss everywhere unapologetically. At one point I actually tried growing the lava moss up and even into the surface but I stopped because it was too awkward to do and then you had to keep leaving to wait, but apparently now you can just manually place these on any stone block. (it glows so it's actually helpful because it's like natural torches across the place, and the way it wraps around the scenery makes it nicer to see which directions the cave is going)

"the optional goal of removing the evil biome and Hallow that the Dryad encourages seems impossible to complete as it is"
Pretty much... The only proper way of doing that is to count how far the Clentaminator reaches then making hellevators every X blocks apart in the world, then sideway shafts across the entire world once every X blocks down, and clentaminating every individual block in the planet. The other way of doing it is to very carefully dig under and isolate the entire corruption/crimson biomes before starting hardmode, then you also have to make a hellevator left and right of the center to contain the V, then you can fight wall of flesh (and then hope the V didn't generate past the two hellevators because you can't tell where it'll be), but also you probably want to dig under a big space in the world center so you can have a pure base there instead of both the evil and the hallow encroaching in, and then after that you're absolutely not allowed to smash any altars ever because smashing altars can generate evil/hallow in a random part of the world for some reason (get ores from fishing instead).
For something that spreads infinitely there's really no reason to let it do that. And then if the evil gets to the jungle it will outright kill it, even if purified it turns to dirt instead of its own jungle mud.
I imagine one thing that would help is if the Dryad sold you a furniture you could place anywhere, then it prevents absolutely all encroaching from happening in a straight down line. Doesn't purify anything, just prevents both from spreading. So you wouldn't even need to make world-scarring hellevators, just place some of these, and if you WANTED to infect a place you could just place two around it first.

JimboTex

Spazmatism
It dealt over 350 damage in one hit
Which still wouldn't one-shot a player at max health. Granted, that much damage is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and can be hard to overcome, but that's part of the challenge. And if you've been playing modded for a while (particularly Revengeance/Death Mode Calamity Mod), you've probably seen worse.

Lord Garak

Retinazer
Which still wouldn't one-shot a player at max health. Granted, that much damage is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and can be hard to overcome, but that's part of the challenge. And if you've been playing modded for a while (particularly Revengeance/Death Mode Calamity Mod), you've probably seen worse.
I don't play modded for precisely that reason.

JimboTex

Spazmatism
I don't play modded for precisely that reason.
Fair enough. But there is a (masochistic) portion of the community that loves that kind of challenge (probably a big part of the reason for Calamity Mod's relative popularity), and that's who Master Mode is aimed at. You certainly don't have to play it if you don't want to.

(For the record, I only play Expert Mode with mods. If I'm doing vanilla Terraria, I stick to Normal Mode, for pretty much that reason.)

Last edited:

Proto Persona

The Destroyer
if you think that 1.3.6 is still in development, it's not. this update is 1.3.6, but with the amount of content being added it was renamed to 1.4
Even better, instead of 1.4 it was renamed to Journey's End, signalling the end of content additions for Terraria!

i hope it isn't the last update.
The official developers said it is. Doesn't get much more final than that. Still, we have been here before when the dev said they were no longer gonna support the game. This one seems like it might stick this time. At least we have Terraria 2 to look forward to.

Alexxwz

Plantera
You absolute madmen. Once again you've done it, what have we done to deserve this?! Looking forward to streaming Terraria again this time on Master Mode Hardcore...

Grandirus

Terrarian
"Terraria: Journey’s End will see the addition of an in-game Bestiary. As players defeat higher numbers of any given foe, they will learn more about them – from key statistics to even what each foe can drop as loot!"
Once, I sugested this feature. Now it come to live. :passionate:

Blood Crawler

Brain of Cthulhu
It's basically the mode that getting hit once kills you.

Did you see that 370 damage from the Moon Lord's Death Ray?

It's like "okaaaay sure, whatever I guess."

It's for those people who can do frame-perfect inputs over and over again.

Better them put a Master Mode in, rather than screwing the game up for the rest of us filthy casuals. They can make Master Mode as impossible as they like, doesn't mean I have to play it.
Death ray is actually not that hard to dodge even without cheesing.
[doublepost=1560313859,1560313513][/doublepost]But let's rember that expert mode idea is actually taken from first terraria forums mod - Preapre To Die (Sep 28, 2014).
This mod is luck-based, through.

Loltak

Terrarian
That seems "Trop cool" ;(
A new solo large world is coming for my new character Atlan :D
Thanks all Re-logic :joy::kingslime:

Proto Persona

The Destroyer
All good things come to an end. Never understood why people want things to keep going forever. That's why stuff ends up jumping the shark/nuking the fridge.

The trailer looks amazing! It's a shame Terraria's development is coming to an end, but everything has to eventually. Thank you for the 8 years of amazing content which has made Terraria one of my favourite games of all time!

TheCosmicApple

Terrarian
I love terraria. It is such a fun game, and it has given me two best friends from it. As soon as I get steam, I will buy Terraria, but until then I am awaiting a release date for the moonlord on Mobile. I also have a suggestion. My best friend has a mac, and I have windows, but he says that I can't join him from my windows. Could you make it possible that I can?
Thank you all so much, there is nothing that could describe my love for terraria.

P.S maybe if this is the last major update, you could make a part of the forums where people submit things that they think could happen to the game, as mods of videos, and if it is good, you could add it in?

I still can't say thank you enough

Top Bottom