Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 29, 2019.

1. Aphala

Aphala Plantera

Late to the party! Love the QoL updates!

2. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

I don't think your friend is correct. All computer versions of Terraria should still be running through Steam. Cross play between Mac and PC should work just fine.

3. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

Well, one or both of them may or may not have the GOG version of Terraria, and I'm not sure how that works.

BUT.

Pretty sure any and all Terraria multiplayer are cross-platform. One or both of them is likely using GOG and they are trying to manually connect, and somebody doesn't have ports forwarded properly.

4. Tsg TheSmartyGamer

Tsg TheSmartyGamer Steampunker

They had like 5 health, from what I saw.

5. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

He went from 200 health down to 5 in the matter of two hits and then the deathray nailed him with 370 damage.

The 2 hits he did take prior to the deathray are things that are very difficult to avoid, the splash damage that's flying everywhere in that fight already.

StarKiller_Games and Lord Garak like this.
  6. Agastya

Agastya The Destroyer

The earlygame is going to be dreadful. I'm hoping there's going to be more extra loot that makes it more manageable.

Like, Wall of Flesh lasers hitting for 50 each? When those get machine gunned? And are difficult enough to dodge already? Our strategies are going to have to adapt in new ways. Ironskin and Endurance may very well be mandatory PHM now.

From what I saw, the EoW segments had 305 HP, so stats won't be doubling again (at least not HP). I'm afraid of what it's going to be like without movement utilities and actual equipment to fight early overworld mobs, and while Expert was manageable in singleplayer (though not something I'd like to repeat), for me at least, Master is going to be a strictly multiplayer experience.. if it's even allowed for Multiplayer.

ASG_102 and StarKiller_Games like this.
  7. Blood Crawler

Blood Crawler Brain of Cthulhu

But we still have mods :>

Mamaluigi71 and StarKiller_Games like this.
  8. AmirTC

AmirTC Terrarian

Aaaaand... No one’s gonna ask about the promised “Creative mode” huh?!

9. Chrrsy

Chrrsy Terrarian

No, actually, a few people have brought that up earlier in the thread. This update is to be considered 1.4, but we'll just have to wait and see.

StarKiller_Games likes this.
  10. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Terrarian

I think that they should catch mobile and console up to desktop and then release this update for the three of us.

11. Blue_M4ge

Blue_M4ge Skeletron

C53F6BFA-05D0-40F1-BEAB-007E7EA300C9.jpeg
    I’ll just leave this here

iansmartjr, ASG_102, InstaFiz and 2 others like this.
  12. Bedlam_and_Chaos

Bedlam_and_Chaos Terrarian

OMG, just let it go already!!!

Where is Terraria 2? Vapor-ware, that's where. Otherworld is long dead now as well.

The modding community has already finished this game, added to it, enhanced it, to death and back again.

Move forward, not backwards!

13. StarKiller_Games

StarKiller_Games Terrarian

I love to see the game after all these years come back and send it off with one big hurrah! ;(

14. Cheerio

Cheerio Golem

I'm really glad Discord has a news section because I totally ignored E3 and I would have missed this completely omg

So excited! Hopefully this will give me the push to rejoin the Terraria community!

StarKiller_Games likes this.
  15. Zeykan

Zeykan Terrarian

Yea, I came from Discord too and i was playing terraria Yesterday and omg this update will gonna be awesome thanks Re-Logic :3

16. GodHimself

GodHimself Steampunker

Terraria 1.4: I am going to be the last major update!
    Tmodloader: hippity hoppity CALAMITY MOD

17. Ryeun

Ryeun Eye of Cthulhu

Pull an Binding Of Isaac (One of the mods became offical) if this wasn't the last update

Kent Omandac likes this.
  18. Kent Omandac

Kent Omandac Terrarian

Will Journey's End adds Creative Mode?

19. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Not all mods are like that. Lots of mods are actually very well balanced and fit great alongside vanilla content.
    You should try it at some point. I'd reccommend Thorium for a beginner mod, alongside Recipe Browser and Boss Checklist, perhaps Yet Another Boss Health Bar too.
    There are a lot of smaller mods that simply feel like Quality of Life improvements, which barely add any content at all, as well, like the aforementioned three after Thorium.

That was literally just shown a few posts above yours. The general consensus appears to be: No.

20. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

Boss health bars are coming in the next update, so that's one less mod people will need.