Mobile Reeling in Updates on Mobile Terraria!

Yes Fishing, Yes Duke Fishron, Yes Frost moon, Yes Ice Queen, Santa NK1, Everscream, Yes Minecarts, YES Themed Furniture, Yes Everything.
After you have read this, You hate saying Yes again, because Yes sounds super dumb.
And Yes I have written all the BBCode by hand…

Well, school starts in <2 days... Anyways, can we finally edit signs after this update?
Looks like Codeglue has the signs working and will hopefully be fixed for next update.
image.jpg

This man knows his stuff!!
I mostly just think about Frost moon, Fishing, and Themed Furniture because I love it, but you forget about so much cool stuff, so fast! I just can't wait, but has anybody a clue if you can finally create more worlds/characters? Because I only heard you can't do it because of the limited mobile space :/

I mostly just think about Frost moon, Fishing, and Themed Furniture because I love it, but you forget about so much cool stuff, so fast! I just can't wait, but has anybody a clue if you can finally create more worlds/characters? Because I only heard you can't do it because of the limited mobile space :/
Yeah, Frost Moon and fishing *cough* Fishron *cough* will be awesome. I don't really get this whole 'limited mobile space', though. I dunno, are player/world files that big? Sorry for being idiot and not knowing about subject, duh.
I'm just wondering if they'll ever make player/world folder 'available without root'. It'd be great if one could back up files, copy them to other devices or share them. But that'd be too good to be true. Especially backing up part. Yeah, that'd help if I accidentally deleted world/player or if file decided to be too new for game's version. Both happened more than twice.

It isn't the "Storage" space that is an issue with the file sizes....it is the RAM needed (because Terraria is not instanced/level based).

Thank you for explaining Loki.
I dunno, for me space is the same thing as storage. And RAM is, well, RAM. Yet that explains a lot. I'll never understand why people just can't call this RAM. More obvious and short, though it's only my opinion.

It isn't the "Storage" space that is an issue with the file sizes....it is the RAM needed (because Terraria is not instanced/level based).
OK yeah that makes sense because my RAM is even now not enough rendering to the recommended "requirements" (idk how to say)(Terraria needs a LOT RAM doesn't it?) ←because I have a pretty good device I think (I have about 800MB RAM is that much?) because I only saw 1 App that also completely exhausted my RAM (Hearthstone)

OK yeah that makes sense because my RAM is even now not enough rendering to the recommended "requirements" (idk how to say)(Terraria needs a LOT RAM doesn't it?) ←because I have a pretty good device I think (I have about 800MB RAM is that much?) because I only saw 1 App that also completely exhausted my RAM (Hearthstone)

for mobile 800 mb is ok (in between iPhone 4s and 5 for comparison)

My computer has 512 MB... Tablet has 750... Both can run Terraria. The only difference is that on computer it's slightly laggy and on tablet it crashes.
I don't get it.

Well, I mean - for example, the current PC version has a req/rec of 2.5gb/4gb post 1.3.

Again, it isn't an instanced or level-bound game...so as more and more stuff is added to the game, that is more and more stuff that has to be loaded all at once.

As for Mobile, the FAQ lays that out:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-mobile-faq.23790/

512MB is the absolute minimum NOW (and then if you have a bunch of other apps running in the background, that frees up even less, meaning the liklihood of issues rises) - but it would be subject to the same dynamic I mentioned above. From what I understand, as more and more is added to the game, the more RAM is needed - and therefore, it is fair to assume that older devices will start to fall behind.

I mean my kids play Terraria on an ancient iPad 2....but it has performance issues - but I expect that from an ancient device like that (in mobile terms).

That is my understanding at least.

Well, I mean - for example, the current PC version has a req/rec of 2.5gb/4gb post 1.3.

Again, it isn't an instanced or level-bound game...so as more and more stuff is added to the game, that is more and more stuff that has to be loaded all at once.

As for Mobile, the FAQ lays that out:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-mobile-faq.23790/

512MB is the absolute minimum NOW (and then if you have a bunch of other apps running in the background, that frees up even less, meaning the liklihood of issues rises) - but it would be subject to the same dynamic I mentioned above. From what I understand, as more and more is added to the game, the more RAM is needed - and therefore, it is fair to assume that older devices will start to fall behind.

I mean my kids play Terraria on an ancient iPad 2....but it has performance issues - but I expect that from an ancient device like that (in mobile terms).

That is my understanding at least.
4GB? I read on another side that this is like the absolute maximum for 32-bit PCs, so I'm either a little bit confused now or shocked xD

Back
Top Bottom