Scariest game ever?

I love horror and it wouldnt be a stretch to say ive played all of them around the block (says the guy who has yet to play silent hill...) not that i am upset about it or any thing....ANYWAY if i had to choose, it would be a tie between Outlast and Alan Wake.

My reasons is that im a writer, and love physcological horror. So it should come as no suprise i like the mixture and stephen kind and edgar alan poe. Alan Wake is based all that and is a game where microsoft decided not to screw up the story. Now it isnt neccissarily scary, in fact not scary at all but that is not the point of the game and is not the point of physcological horror, or at least that is what i believe. The game play is tedious, let me get that out of the way. But the story is pretty awesome and left me playing it over and over to fully understand what happened and thats why i enjoy that kind of horror.

As for Outlast i have a brief explanation. Two things: Awesome story if you read through the files, and if you have friends that buy the game, force you to stay up ALL night playing and searching every nook and cranny of the game, in a dark soundless room all by your self strapped to a chair...like mine XD then your bound to be scare. But in all seriousness outlast scared me in a way i havnt been in A LONG TIME. I mean i play so much horror im almost impossible to scare, and Outlast did exactly that. Besides german mythology is cool.

I have to pinch in Lone Survivor as my scariest game ever.
Granted I don't play any horror games, but man the settings and the environment around you spooked me a lot.

I don't play many horror games but the one that probably spooped me the most was Fnaf; mostly because of those damn jump scares.

PT though... I couldn't figure out how to get out of the eyeball corridors... Other than that I havent played much horror. I guess slender the arrival. Playing it right now. I've paused about every ten minutes. Dat atmosphere and the f***ing echo's in the mine. 3 more generators to go... Slender woman better not peek around the corner.

I'd say in terms of anxiety, FnaF1 and FnaF2 both. You just sit there, waiting for Foxy...

In terms of jumpscares, I'd say Evil Within

PT scared the :red: out of me. I couldnt do it at first.
Dead Space (First one) also had them moments. Me and friend played it together and it was hella beast!!!
Five Nights At Freddy's, hellz naw, it got me tho.

I don't do well with horror, so many games can scare me easily.
The scariest for me though is Five Nights at Freddy's.
The atmosphere is creepy, the backstory is sad, and the dread of seeing the animatronics slowly close in on your location...uuugh it so scury!

The scariest game I've ever SEEN is Sophie's Curse; the jumpscare is literally a heart-stopper.

For games that I've played, I'd say either all the FNAFs or Gears of War 1.

FNAF because of all the animatronics and the stress trying to NOT get jumpscared, and Gears of War because of the Berserker that runs after you. That gave me the chills for a very long time.

Silent Hill 2, for atmosphere.
The early parts of Resident Evil 7 (Jack chasing you around the mansion, I feel like it gets worse at the Lucas part) never fail to get me really tense. Jack is a good character and enemy.

Back
Top Bottom