Scariest game ever?

Matt (DailyHop)

Eye of Cthulhu
So, Halloween is around the corner and I've recently been playing five nights at Freddy's, so what do you think is the scariest game ever in your opinion? Give evidence why.

The scariest game ever for me is five nights at freddys. Why? It's history is real, and the game itself gives the best jump scares.

Limbo, but that's mostly because I don't play many scary games.

Only grays, lots of darkness and that GODDAMN SPIDER.

Hmm... Well, I have two, but that's because you have to categorize Jumpscare horror and Anxiety horror as two different genres.

Favorite Horror game that makes me generally anxious, and making my heart pound at any moment would be the first F.E.A.R.. Some moments were just terrifying, especially some of the more subliminal moments.

I know its Cliche and a pretty short game, but I really liked Slender: The Arrival, for "jumpscary" horror. The jumpscares weren't 100% forced, but where enough to make you jump in some situations due to that dark and creepy feeling that you were being watched every second.

Last edited:
Neverending nightmares
image.jpg

Nuff said[DOUBLEPOST=1412555204][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the atmosphere was great, the cross hatching style was really good for the game

Neverending nightmares
View attachment 3636
Nuff said[DOUBLEPOST=1412555204][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the atmosphere was great, the cross hatching style was really good for the game

I liked the game, but I think it fell a bit flat near its endings. The endings were not bad per say, but it relied on too much symbolism I suppose. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but some audiences would be left saying

"wait... I don't get it"

scariest i havnt played any really scary ones but ill go with slenderman. the reason i get scared is that i never know when or where he will appear so i usually go into an abandoned building and hide but thats the only scary game ive played though it isnt all that scary

I liked the game, but I think it fell a bit flat near its endings. The endings were not bad per say, but it relied on too much symbolism I suppose. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but some audiences would be left saying

"wait... I don't get it"
Thats why i love it

Has anyone actually played LSD: Dream Simulator? That game isn't as so much scary (it still is a bit though), but messed with my head more than anything.

Favorite Horror game that makes me generally anxious, and making my heart pound at any moment would be the first F.E.A.R.. Some moments were just terrifying, especially some of the more subliminal moments.
This, for me. Even though I've played it through 3-4 times, it still gives me chills.

I like to think that the name of the Lost Girl in Terraria is Alma.

The scariest game I've ever played would probably be Slender, meaning I don't play horror games.
I find FNaF terrifying for some reason and I'd also like to nominate Silent Hill. I've never played it myself, but those monsters are just so freaky.
Also Amnesia would be up there too. I couldn't even finish playing a Minecraft map of it.

At first it was Resident Evil. Then along came Silent Hill. I know it doesn't seem much if you play it on an emulator today, but back when it was released on the PS... Holy crap. Of all the scary, creepy and disturbing :red: I best remember the air sirens that would blare when you started slipping to that other place.

Though, even creepier were the times when you simply went through a normal doorway and suddenly realized holy :red: I'm in that other place again!!

F.E.A.R., if only because it managed to get any kind of response from me other than "meh, jumpscares."

I'm not scared by moving water, shadows or "boo!" moments but the plot itself - revealed through the saga - is what scares the :red: out of me. Relatives like Alma's dad do exist. That's the scariest part of the game for me.

Resident Evil, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil Code Veronica X are all very creepy. The first is just overall creepy, especially if you are reading the journals and stuff, the second has a lot of jump scares, and the dread of Nemesis following you, and Code Veronica X is pretty disturbing, especially with Alfred and Alexia Ashford.

Back
Top Bottom