Scariest game ever?

Alone in the Dark, from 1992. The game was incredibly scary, while also having really clunky controls and a not so nice camera.
You had very limited ammo for your gun, and thanks to the camera and controls it was hard to hit things.

My memory's a bit hazy, but I remember something like this:

The story plays in around the year 1920.
The intro shows how you are brought to an old house, you get out of the (I assume) taxi and then walk across the lawn and all the way through the house to the attic. The game then starts.
And as it starts, things immediately get freaky. This monster-dog thing jumps around outside to the height of the attic's window and it comes closer with every jump. It'll jump through the glass and get you if you don't move a closet in front of the window. Then something tries to get through the hatch in the floor. Need to move an old chest over that or something will crawl out and get you.

Accidentally bump into a ghost that's gently rocking in its rocking chair, you're dead.
Moving around in a hallway without covering up the portrait of a native American, arrow in your back, you're dead.
Making it to the outside door, opening it, giant Lovecraftian monstrosity is right behind it, eating you alive.

Can't remember how the game ended, but I think you needed to lift the curse on this house somehow, or at least get that monstrosity away from the front door so you can leave.

It's funny and sad at the same time how bad the modern horror games have become. I recently played a free indie game named 'IB' to realize that this precious little gem is way, way better than most of AAA games out there...here is a link http://www.gameshed.com/Scary-Games/Ib/

It's a japanese rpg game (made with RPG Maker) with an interesting story, that pretty much scared the living hell out of me (the game it's free but it requires to be downloaded first)

It's funny and sad at the same time how bad the modern horror games have become. I recently played a free indie game named 'IB' to realize that this precious little gem is way, way better than most of AAA games out there...here is a link http://www.gameshed.com/Scary-Games/Ib/

It's a japanese rpg game (made with RPG Maker) with an interesting story, that pretty much scared the living hell out of me (the game it's free but it requires to be downloaded first)
It's also quite sad, specially if, afte rplaying, you find out about the fanmade ending.

Five Nights at Freddy's and a majority of its ripoffs, 'nuff said. I've nearly overcome my fear of memories of that game, but going in the basement at night without turning the light on gives me hallucinations of, what was the Ignited one that was in basements? Ignited Foxy? I'm pretty sure it was Ignited Foxy, so yeah, trying to enter my basement at night without turning the light on first gives me hallucinations of Ignited Foxy. That's how scared I am of the Ignited characters.

The scariest game I've ever played is... Can't remember the name, something "One Chance" or "You Have one Chance." Most people wouldn't call it a horror game, but I do. The whole thing where every organism is getting destroyed makes me get the chills, and I can't imagine being the scientist guy. I would die along with everyone else, and it would be my fault. Every time I think of it I get scared out of my mind that something like that would happen.

Fear was one of scariest games, the same with the silent hill. I have great memories with Diablo series. First Diablo 1, after the greatest Diablo 2, and now i'm still playing Diablo 3. previous parts of Diablo was more... You know, Diablo 2 really got this, Diablo 3 is too easy. It's easy to farm legendaries, So I don't waste time to droping and I buy Diablo Legendaries with <link removed by staff>
Advertiser get out reeeeeeeeee

Moderation note: please just report it next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played it, and probably never will, but I'd say Duck Season qualifies.
It's a VR spoof of Duck Hunt, where if you shoot the dog, scary :red: happens.
Even thinking about it makes me a bit paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom