NPCs & Enemies Sclerepugnant - Crimson themed Spazmatism for Crimson Worlds!

Is this a Good Suggestion?

• Total voters
Anything that helps to equalize the Evils (though I am more a fan of Corruption over Crimson). The fact that some features are barred from players of certain worlds without an in-world solution kinda contributes to my desire for equalization, though that isn't as relevant to this particular idea. The fact that the first-time player of a Crimson world wouldn't even know the destructive power of Cursed Flames to anticipate the difficulty of this boss seems kinda unfair (and a little world-unbuilding - Cursed Flames theoretically don't EXIST in a Crimson world). Super neat idea!

What an amazing idea, It would totally fit in a crimson world. Spawning all 3 of them sounds like a challenge for me since I'm not good a fighting the twins as everyone else.:D

Last edited:
Love it, especially the new mask since I usually wear the double pupil one, also the seer staff is a really nice add on

So, I looked at the sprites for The Vision and figured they were based off an outdated sprite, so I did some new ones:
17324-1509234610.png
- The Vision A
17324-1509234702.png
- The Vision B
You can use them if you want, or you can keep the old ones, whatever you want.

Also, I know you already came up with the name and everything, but I think that maybe "Spoutaract" would fit a bit better. Spasmatism's name is a portmanteau of an action it does and an eye disorder, and since this suggestion is for a counterpart it would make sense that it would go along the same lines.

Spoutaract is a portmanteau of the word Spout, meaning to eject a liquid, and Cataract, an eye disease.

Last edited:
I really like this idea, the Crimson needs better integration on the boss end of things - the only thing I'm not sold on is the name. 'Sclera' is a good part to use, but 'repugnant'... eh, not in its entire form. It doesn't flow well as a word and the name uses it in its entirety. Now, I get that Spasmatism contains all of 'spasm' and Retinazer contains all of 'retina', but phonetically the entire word isn't used - instead of spa-zum of spasm, you have spaz-muh-tiz-um, and instead of ret-in-uh, you have ret-in-ay-zer. They blend the two words better by not using either in their entirety. Here, you have the first syllable of sclera and all three syllables of repugnant, unchanged.

I don't have any alternate name suggestions, but there are several in this thread.

So, I looked at the sprites for The Vision and figured they were based off an outdated sprite, so I did some new ones:
17324-1509234610.png
- The Vision A
17324-1509234702.png
- The Vision B

Also, I know you already came up with the name and everything, but I think that maybe "Spoutaract" would fit a bit better. Spasmatism's name is a portmanteau of an action it does and an eye disorder, and since this suggestion is for a counterpart it would make sense that it would go along the same lines.

Spoutaract is a portmanteau of the word Spout, meaning to eject a liquid, and Cataract, an eye disease.

Thanks for the sprites! Will add them soon to the thread, TForums are really slow right now for me, not a healthy connection on my end. Of course you'll be credited in the first post. Also, about your name suggestion; see my other reply below.

I really like this idea, the Crimson needs better integration on the boss end of things - the only thing I'm not sold on is the name. 'Sclera' is a good part to use, but 'repugnant'... eh, not in its entire form. It doesn't flow well as a word and the name uses it in its entirety. Now, I get that Spasmatism contains all of 'spasm' and Retinazer contains all of 'retina', but phonetically the entire word isn't used - instead of spa-zum of spasm, you have spaz-muh-tiz-um, and instead of ret-in-uh, you have ret-in-ay-zer. They blend the two words better by not using either in their entirety. Here, you have the first syllable of sclera and all three syllables of repugnant, unchanged.

I don't have any alternate name suggestions, but there are several in this thread.

Ah, the name has been the most controversial name for this idea. Not to worry though, since it was *kinda* rushed, I can agree that it's time for change.
I will use almost non-existent creativity to blend in your idea of syllables with the guy above you. If any of you got any suggestions, feel free to post them.

Kept my promise, even though a little late, (sorry!) your sprites have been added to the thread. Small request though, can you provide some cropped versions where the empty space is gone? I'd appreciate that because it'll look less blocky in the post.

As for the name, I'm still deciding on it. I like the word Spout you mentioned, but I can't really go with cataract, since it's a general condition forcing blurred vision. This doesn't really suit the theme of Crimson. I did a quick search online for medical conditions regarding the color red and blood but I can't find a good play of words.

Not totally sold, but Sclermorrhage? It sounds better than it looks, unfortunately. Keeps with the flesh/blood theme of Crimson, though.

It's a bit frustrating because I just had LASIK surgery that didn't go well and I recall several terms being bandied about regarding eye disorders I may or may not have... and I can't remember them. I know one started with a and wasn't astigmatism... ah! Amblyopia. Eh. Not that useful here. Though I did find this list. Has some conditions for you to play with.

https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-pu...roblems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions

Another name suggestion: Conjunctichor
Named after the conjunctiva (a lining covering the eye) and ichor. I don't know if this is any good, but I just noticed how clear the two words are and figured I might as well suggest it.

99% support. Maybe make Speodjrjdndjdhehs (can’t spell and can’t bother to look at how it is actually spelled) a cousin, Corruption version. Why? Because for Console players, they can’t choose which Evil their world has. It might be a disappointment getting really gud on a Crimson world, then finding out there is a Crimson-exclusive twin. Also, maybe make him part of the Twins, making them the Triplets? Like EoC, Speodjrjdndjdhehs and <insert Corruption twin/triplet name here> have different drops, Crimson being the better ones. Wait, no. Same drops, different difficulty of fight? Another thing, if the Triplet thing wouldn’t work, try making a post-Twin boss (the Triplets). That’s all I have to say, great suggestion Overall. :)

99% support. Maybe make Speodjrjdndjdhehs (can’t spell and can’t bother to look at how it is actually spelled) a cousin, Corruption version.
Umm, do you realise that Spazmatism is already a corruption-version of the twins?

As for the name, I'm still deciding on it. I like the word Spout you mentioned, but I can't really go with cataract, since it's a general condition forcing blurred vision. This doesn't really suit the theme of Crimson. I did a quick search online for medical conditions regarding the color red and blood but I can't find a good play of words.
How about this:
Spoutemorrage - a portmanteau of Spout, meaning to eject liquid, and Hemorrhage, an eye disorder consisting of a blood vessel in the eye bursting, resulting in a small, dark patch on the sclera caused by the blood from said vessel.

Spazmatism isn't even that Corruption-themed tho. All he has is cursed flames. Plus, she's a robot. It's not like people would alter a robot for different worlds. I actually like this idea a little, but I think that Sclerpugant is best saved as a different boss completely.

Plus, The Twins are the Hallowed Mech Boss anyway. And they are the "Twins" for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom