Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

ok, so im in 1.1,(version changers FTW) and i have shadow armor, so i go to the jungle. die.(mediumcore) i get my iron gear, and boom. blood moon. i survive that. RIGHT after the blood moon:

a goblin army is approaching from the west!

WUT
so i run off to the jungle,(to my right, or east) and get to my stuff. there's an army of mobs. i hide in a little tunnel, shooting at them. when it seems clear, i go for my stuff.

SPLAT

a ton of mobs were just offscreen. i grabbed my stuff and tried to jump down a hole to safety, but the stupid plant had to deal constant upward knockback to me, so no falling. i died. and my spawn was not in my house, about one screen to the left. so i got killed constantly by goblins as i spawned. raged. deleted the world. haven't played terraria since.(waiting for 1.3 to start again, i need a break.)
That is the saddest story I have heard in a long time. Hope you are not permanently scarred for life after that incident. :(

Just casually playing a multiplayer server with TShock, showing off my new Legendary Terra Blade, crafted using my first ever Night's Edge and first Ever Excalibur, on my first character and first world. I accidentally click on a weapon rack.

TL;DR - Be careful around weapon racks when the world is protected.

was playing some tAPI lately, and got quite lucky whilst trying to get a megashark.
starts the megashark journey with enough money and just enough souls to buy gun parts and minishark.
heads to ocean to get shark fins. first jellyfish kill=pirate map!
after a while kills another jellyfish that dropps a pirate map!
gets 2 jellyfish necklaces, but already have jellyfish diving gear.
makes megashark, gets bad prefix :(
third reforge Deadly!
then i quickly set of to kill plantera, but i was horribly unlucky with the bulb. took about 2-3 hours of digging to find it. succesfull kill, and today im headed for the dungeon/temple.

Second day on a new character, first trip underground and barely below surface layer: Enough rubies for a Ruby hook.
Legendary Katana, first buy.
Getting multiple Blindfolds during a short trip through the HM Corruption, when Dark Mummies in Crimson deserts barely dropped any at all.

Got 4 Broken Hero swords in 3 minutes of a Solar eclipse. Then another one occurred two days later.
And before that, a bit after activating hardmode I dropped 2 marrows, one beam sword and one armor polish after killing like 15 skeletons (Mostly archers)

Me: Oh look i have some pirate maps
Friend: we should summon them
Me: Okay, But if we get a coin gun it's mine
Friend: Okay, Just summon them

Got a Lucky coin and a discount card on the 3rd invasion, and on the 6th one got a coin gun

Ooooh, RNG. How I want to punch you in the face but kiss you at the same time.

Blindfold is my harsh enemy, and it still is, even after I crafted my Ankh Shield. I got 2 K.O. Cannons and a Crimson Key Mold before I even got one Blindfold. For your information, K.O Cannons is 0.1% during a Blood Moon and Crimson Key is 1-in-4000.

Next would probably be the Slime Staff. 70 Slime Banners, 25 stacks of 999 gel but not a single staff.

Other than that, I'm pretty lucky. Got Flairon at my first Duke Fishron kill and Fishron Wings at the 10th. Lucky Coin was pretty hard but I got it on my 10th Invade, discount card was on my 1st.

I got all of these and more items that are elsewhere before getting what I actually wanted: a Tabi
oEM5O16.png

Red plz

I managed to get a Crimson Key Mold within the first 3 minutes of entering Hardmode on my first ever Warrior play-through. I was quite please, even though I've still yet to collect all the material for the Key.

Not so lucky on getting an Ice Sickle to drop for The Destroyer unfortunately.. I know I could use a Titanium Spear, but the Ice Sickle is a little more manageable.

I got the Poison Staff on my second Black Recluse.

Edit: When I killed a Voodoo Demon, it actually dropped a Guide Voodoo Doll! Super rare drop guys!

Obtaining a Giant Harpy Feather on first few Harpy kills during a mage run, while grinding for feathers to loot the Floating Islands with.
Multiple Mythical/Unreal reforges in the first couple of reforges for certain items.
Worldgen loving Boulder traps. They are so common it is not funny on my worlds. Thank god for Dangersense Potions, they are a lifesaver here.

3rd EoW kills got an Eater Bone
3rd Reforge on my minishark got unreal prefix.
3rd Eye of Cthulu kill got a Binocular
3rd Night's Edge reforge got legendary
3rd Snowman cannon reforge gets Annoying prefix
3rd Character Annoying Copper Shortsword
3rd Slime kills got Slime Staff
3 Is mah lucky number.

I have some good stories but here is one I finally got my magnet sphere so happy I then continue farming to get some bones and 5 mins later another magnet sphere I also got 3 armour polishes I can put a picture of my farm if you guys want

I managed to get a Crimson Key Mold within the first 3 minutes of entering Hardmode on my first ever Warrior play-through. I was quite please, even though I've still yet to collect all the material for the Key.

Not so lucky on getting an Ice Sickle to drop for The Destroyer unfortunately.. I know I could use a Titanium Spear, but the Ice Sickle is a little more manageable.
Same thing happend to me only I was a mage but I only used one other type of weapon like a sword

I got the Poison Staff on my second Black Recluse.

Edit: When I killed a Voodoo Demon, it actually dropped a Guide Voodoo Doll! Super rare drop guys!
umm no. there are normal demons and voodoo demons. voodoo demons ALWAYS drop the doll. what makes it a little rare is that the voodoo demons have a low spawn rate

umm no. there are normal demons and voodoo demons. voodoo demons ALWAYS drop the doll. what makes it a little rare is that the voodoo demons have a low spawn rate

It was a joke...

On topic, I got the Queen Bee trophy on my first kill. Not too RNG lucky, but it prevented me from having to search out more hives.

Edit: I also got my second Black Lens, time for some sunglasses.

It was a joke...

On topic, I got the Queen Bee trophy on my first kill. Not too RNG lucky, but it prevented me from having to search out more hives.

Edit: I also got my second Black Lens, time for some sunglasses.
NO! use them on the Optic Staff! don't waste them on sunglasses!

NO! use them on the Optic Staff! don't waste them on sunglasses!

Well, I just got a third, so now I can have both :cool::happy:

Back to RNG luck, before I knew what the Bubble Gun was, I wanted it with a passion. I killed the Duke fifteen times before I got one, then I learned about how short the Bubble Gun's range was. I also got THREE pairs of Fishron Wings before I got the Bubble Gun.

Oh, and one day,i decided to reforge my two summoning accessories to Warding. First try: Warding on both. I had a discount card and over 100 platinum(I'm not trying to brag,please don't take it the wrong way)so I was pretty set on using my money up. Did't work.

Back
Top Bottom