Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

Oh, and one day,i decided to reforge my two summoning accessories to Warding. First try: Warding on both. I had a discount card and over 100 platinum(I'm not trying to brag,please don't take it the wrong way)so I was pretty set on using my money up. Did't work.
Try reforging your pick saw if you have one that's where you want good rng luck

1024x520.resizedimage

A nearly perfect solar eclipse haul. Visible: three Broken Hero Swords, the Eyeball pet, and nearly every banner. A Broken Bat Wing dropped as well, but I looted it as it dropped.

1024x520.resizedimage

A nearly perfect solar eclipse haul. Visible: three Broken Hero Swords, the Eyeball pet, and nearly every banner. A Broken Bat Wing dropped as well, but I looted it as it dropped.
How do I set up a farm like that oh and I got a light pick saw then crashed and lost it that has happend to me alot so I also went to the corruption to make a farm and got 3 blind folds corruption key mold.

That's just my boss grinder. I cobbled it together based on designs from Joe Price and Richard Lewis.

It requires hundreds of spear traps, so you'll need to get your Picksaw back. I stacked a bunch of spear traps in columns, 6 high. You must actuate EVERY spear trap out or it will hit the trap beneath it.

I use a bird statue to turn the grinder on and off. The bird flies for a few feet, triggers a six pressure plates a few milliseconds apart, which are wired to 1 second timers.

I take these staggered signals and wire up all my spear traps so they fire consecutively. The bigger your spear trap stacks, the less downtime you'll have between volleys.

If you choose to use it for boss grinding, don't copy my use of lava; it doesn't work. Lava only stops ground mobs from spawning outside the kill area. Wraiths, vampires, etc., will still spawn, which is less than ideal.

Oh, and spears can actually crit, so roll crit on your gear.

I made a hardcore character today, on my way to the ocean (where I normally build my home bases) I met up with a King Slime! After chucking all my shurikens and knives at it, it died and what was that laying on the ground? A shiny new Slime Staff! ...and Slime hook. Great start to a new character~ :dryadhappy:

I got a depth meter and a bat banner on the same bat... one in 40 thousand... one fortieth the chance of a slime staff dropping, the (hopefully) rarest single drop.
I done mess up
One fourth the chance of it.

Last edited:
I got a depth meter and a bat banner on the same bat... one in 40 thousand... one fortieth the chance of a slime staff dropping, the rarest single drop.

The Coin Gun begs to differ.

Anywho, I got a tactical Shotugun within my first five minutes of exploring the Hardmode Dungeon. <3

Edit: tfw slime staff is rarer than coin gun

I knew slime staffs (staves?) were rare, but I didn't know they were that rare. I find them somewhat regularly, but then again I play summoner, which is effectively nonstop passive farming. Can't do much of anything without my ravens sniping a slime or ten.

Edit: Now the Rod of Discord, I've still never found one of those. I even designed a semi-optimized AFK farm just for those little pink bastards. But alas, RNGesus is a fickle mistress.

Last edited:
Killed WoF on new char, 2 minutes later got a blood moon in my snow house and 5 kills later had 2 KO cannons and a frost staff.

I fought the EoW. Then a meteorite landed. Then I get the message "You feel an evil presence watching you..." As soon as day breaks "A Goblin army is approaching from the west!"

Also I went to the sky islands in my world to get souls of flight. Get a giant harpy feather. Go to the underworld to farm WoF. Get fire feather.
RNG really wants me to have feathers.

They should totally make some wings that require all the feathers, like rainbow feather wings with some over the top particle effects or something.

I still prefer hoverboard over wings though.:happy:

WTB rod ov discord
I have dozens of Chaos Elemental banners, nearly 50 hallowed key molds, but no Rod if Discord. Banners drop at a .5% rate, and rods drop at .2% rate. By the numbers I should be rolling in the damn things.

So. I started a new character, and I've been doing well, except I've gone through 3 or 4 invasions without my Harpoon. I thought the goblins brought that as an obligatory spoil of war or something.

So I bought Terraria about a month ago and have been loving it so I decided to get the mobile version to play when away from my computer today, I was doing the tutorial to learn the controls for this version and when the slime that you're supposed to kill spawned I killed it and it dropped a slime staff, talk about lucky and unlucky at the sametime

so i finally got a corruption key mold. i go to the dungeon and make my way to the corruption chest. i opened it and got the scourge of the corruptor. i had some fun killing mobs with it, and two minutes later(still in the dungeon), i die. great. im on mediumcore, so im going back and what do i get? a solar eclipse. so i figure "well, i'll just go out of the game and back in so i respawn at my house and then i can wait out the eclipse." i click save and quit to title.

0_0

so basically, i lost my scourge of the corruptor permanently 2 minutes after getting it. other stuff i lost:

terra blade
death sickle

so more recently, i made a world with the express purpose of reclaiming the scourge. i got it, and i still have it.

Back
Top Bottom