PC So my friend had a question that I had no answer for...

The Terraria Swag Beast

Official Terrarian
Okay. So my friend asked me a good question. He said, "Why do they give you the best stuff after you beat the Moon Lord? Like you already beat the game so what is the purpose of the strongest weapons when u already beat the game?" I had no answer for that. What is your/answer for that question?

I think it makes sense. Your right, most don't particularly have a lot to do after Moon Lord, but post moon lord there are many things you'd want to have overpowered weapons for. Some people might want to speed kill bosses, some might want to build and not have to hassle with the surrounding baddies, which the stardust dragon is good at taking care of. You just can't have these post Moon Lord weapons before Moon Lord. It wouldn't make any sense. But I understand it might be a little confusing to have all that power after you've defeated the game and don't have any more to do.

People asked the same question about the metal boss tiered gear in 1.1.2 when Skeletron Prime, The Destroyer, and The Twins were the final bosses. The truth is there is no definitive answer to what to do with the endgame equipment. Some people take them to PVP with. Others like to show them off as trophies. I've seen people carry endgame weapons on servers just so the mobs won't pester them while they're socializing with other players. Your gear is what you make of it. That is what I think.

It sounds like a strange question of your friend. Usually in games like RPGs you'll end up getting the best weapons/items near the end of the game. Sometimes the Final Boss itself will end up giving you the strongest items that can be used either Post-Game or in New Game +. They serve as a great reward for getting through the game.

In the case of Terraria here, the Weapons from the Moon Lord are meant to be rewards for defeating the Final Boss as well. There is no more progression after Moon Lord and I as a player would feel ripped off if I got nothing for beating the Final and Hardest Boss of the game while every other boss in the game drops a type of reward for me. You can do what you want with your rewards and either continue building/fishing/fighting the Lunar Event again or do other things with your new rewards. It has always been the nature of Terraria to be a "Sandbox" where you set your own goals and carry them out regardless of how far in progression you are. Even if that progression has ended.

Instead of weapons (that are now useless) they should have given special decorations or something else for killing the Moon Lord.

Im from iran .
Here we cant get credit cards to buy the game so i cant update my terraria and i cant join any clans.
Its just boring...-_-:sigh:
[DOUBLEPOST=1455014777,1455014514][/DOUBLEPOST]No one gives a damn about it.But you are lucky.Actually we got nothing to say here.

Im from iran .
Here we cant get credit cards to buy the game so i cant update my terraria and i cant join any clans.
Its just boring...-_-:sigh:
Hey, actually you don't need a credit card, you just need a card that allows internet purchases. If you can't this too you can look some network services like PayPal. ;)

its like duke fishron he was the endgame boss adn he has the best items then the moonlord came and if you wanted you could use his items against the mooon lord

Giving the strongest weapons right at the start of the game would seem a bit strange to me. Lots of games have a progression like this, I don't see what's so odd about it. :)

In Terraria's case it's actually quite useful to get one of those goodies off the moon lord, because it'll help you to defeat the pillars more easily and will help you get all the other items off the moon lord more easily as well.
And it's nice that the game has no end, so you can keep using all these fun items. Well, mostly fun items. (Boo@Celebration!)

I'd be more frustrated about a game like... uhh... well, most rpg's where you get some awesome weapons and armour 12 minutes before you see the credits rolling. More often than not you're not allowed to play afterwards, so the experience of that fancy end-level sword you managed to wave around for a few minutes would be short-lived.

Fallout: New Vegas is an example now that I think of it. After you kill the final boss you get to loot his fancy mask, only to see the credits rolling 12 seconds later.

Back
Top Bottom