Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Biome-colored lava

Well then whats the point of not liking it, most of the game is based around things that don't make sense
There's still plenty of things in the game that make sense, and the game isn't based on illogical fallacies. There just happens to be a lot of them, and I personally don't think we need any more.

Very cool. The cyan lava reminds me of sulfur magma.
Jav80190f.jpg

Yes people, that is burn your face off lava. Not some new age gaming tower.

Good idea, goes along with my suggestion of having separate water in biomes giving different debuffs, at least to a degree. Hate to say it, but I'm quite jealous at the support you got here while my suggestion is dead, but I guess it's how forum popularity works.

You know just right after I posted that volcano link, I realized that you didn't make a lava variation to desert. You could move your black lava to desert (Ol Doinyo Lengai is in a rather arid part of Africa) and give the Jungle lava a brownish coloration to mimic Lahar.

I also agree with those above posters that that liked the idea of "mushroom lava".

Good idea, goes along with my suggestion of having separate water in biomes giving different debuffs, at least to a degree. Hate to say it, but I'm quite jealous at the support you got here while my suggestion is dead, but I guess it's how forum popularity works.
I kinda liked your suggestion but I wasn't sure, at the time, if different biome versions of the same liquid could have different effects. Well we know now! Jordan proved that, at least!
I suspect other people also thought that it wouldn't be technically feasible, what with all the talk of the four-liquid "limit". You might want to add a note to your suggestion that there is now a proof of concept that it could work...

There's still plenty of things in the game that make sense, and the game isn't based on illogical fallacies. There just happens to be a lot of them, and I personally don't think we need any more.
You have examples in the thread of different coloured lava, now we can appease that little troll from within and get along with the sick suggestions?
As far a trippy goes, you can't get much trippier than hallowed water:
View attachment 42061

Also, even lava on earth isn't all the same color. Behold Ol Doinyo Lengai:https://www.youtube.com/embed/djW31_TkXFI
Damn that lava looks absolutely mad. Not sure how I would change the movement of it, or even whether that is possible in tAPI, but I love the idea. Also slightly less damage maybe, due to low temperature?
Jav80190f.jpg

Sulfur magma. Man, I would love to do things with this but the only place that sulfur magma would really make sense is in hell, and I kinda like the colour of hell as it is. Probably just pretend that the hallow has an abundance of sulfur, which is why things are wack.

Maybe we could expand this to waters? Not sure if everyone likes the idea, but I think it could be very neat. Poison water in jungle that damages every so often, only when fully submerged (i'll just damage a few times according to % of bubbles/oxygen left?). Maybe some minor potion effects in corrupt/crimson that make you a different soggy colour for a few seconds, just for fun? Something magical with hallowed water, only when wet (don't need to be fully submerged, but when the player is wet, their movement is slowed) and try not to make it OP. Not huge changes to gameplay but sufficient enough to have some fun and do some cool :red:.

Also I partially got the fountains working this morning. Will need to put some time down for this later :)

but then we'd not have threads like 'worst luck ever'
I say we keep the sulfur lava. Two reasons: The above.
And I wanna build a star trek reactor
Another idea: lava, whatever the variation, except ice lava, regularly pop embers, just like in Minecraft. So, players will be less confused.

Also, how about the steampunker selling lava fountains (work like water ones) after a pumpking/DF/plantera (choose) is deafeated?

Another idea: lava, whatever the variation, except ice lava, regularly pop embers, just like in Minecraft. So, players will be less confused.

Also, how about the steampunker selling lava fountains (work like water ones) after a pumpking/DF/plantera (choose) is deafeated?
They wouldn't change the effect, though, right?
[DOUBLEPOST=1428242822][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jav80190f.jpg

That is some trippy lava.

They wouldn't change the effect, though, right?
Hmm... maybe the base fountain doesn't, but you can upgrade it with a moderate cost (I suggest 2 Hallowed Bars) to cause it to also change the effect.

Oh, and the obsidian skin buff should affect every lavas, and negate their debuffs.

And what about a hell lava, which would be brighter (hotter) and therefore 50% more damaging?

I have a question for all of this discussion of only four liquids being supported in the game. Where has this been stated, presumably said/confirmed by the devs, and is it current information? It seems kind of silly that it's impossible to add a 5th liquid to the game without completely changing the engine, especially with better liquid physics being added in 1.3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom