Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Woah. this sounds amazing!
Can't wait for the first release to try it out. Please make this happen :D
We're working on it ;)

What modloaders will this run on?
What do you mean by modloader? Do you mean tAPI or tShock? It will not be either of these. We will be providing a custom Terrara game client to play this mod.

Awesome. I love this. One of the best Terraria Mods ever.
Glad you like it! :)

I'm depressed I can't try it now. It looks so good. I also DO wanna play with the community. This mod looks OP amazing.
Sorry, it's just not quite ready for playing. Keep an eye on the thread though. We are constantly working on the mod.

Wish I was PC ):
Ah.. No I don't have a pc
We wish you had a PC too! :(

This sounds interesting.

EDIT:
I wonder if it's possible to to that wrap -around thing to (a) single player map(s)
Glad you think so. That is also a good question. Yes this technically could be made to work in single player... It would require a bit of map setup on the player's part on what map needs to load and when/where to load.

Ironskin
Ironskin.png
q6Oq9IG.png
2pDx2WR.png
Is9EF4G.png

Rage
Rage.png
JU0NiNt.png
zyQVaQi.png
bEOysDf.png

Ammores.
jqQtnaC.png
MsiKvI4.png
NL0xnAJ.png
SnUdE8J.png
Excellent new sprites, like always!

Sorry for the delay in replies everyone, I was out for the holidays. @CursedMoose however did have a chance to get some things done that needed. We'll have some screenshots here soon.

Last edited:
That you have to be a certain level to wear armor, mine ores, and also you can't build? Not very fair to me...
That's how a lot of RPG systems are though, you cannot do X until you are level Y.
Now for the not being able to build, yes that is a sad thing that we have to remove for the initial release of the mod so that all players have a fair map to play on. In a post release update though we will be including private areas that you can build on for an in-game fee.

Might want to get the Devs to check this out.

I think it's a pretty neat idea, and one that could definitely make the game more challenging for sure. Also probably a good idea to use with Roleplay Servers.

I've walked the skills progression through my mind and I am now ready to make some comments on them.

Fishing
I do not recommend setting level limits on what bait can be used since this would have an overlap with Critter Catching. Putting level limitations on the rods should be enough. Alternatively you can tie the limits to the Angler's quests, i.e. finishing a certain number of quests will allow you to use higher rods.

Critter Catching
As it is, catching certain types of critters have their own built-in limitations, i.e. you need fast speeds for certain critters and you need to fly in some. The only level limitations I see would be to capture critters that are normally only available in hardmode such as truffle worms and lightning bugs. Alternatively you can create an NPC based on the Angler to provide critter catching quests.

Those are the only ones I can critique without actually having access to the inner workings. I hope they prove to be constructive.

Might want to get the Devs to check this out.

I think it's a pretty neat idea, and one that could definitely make the game more challenging for sure. Also probably a good idea to use with Roleplay Servers.
I'm glad you think so, we surely do too! While I think the Devs might be a little impressed with the mod, it's not completed enough to try to get them to check it out.

I've walked the skills progression through my mind and I am now ready to make some comments on them.

Fishing
I do not recommend setting level limits on what bait can be used since this would have an overlap with Critter Catching. Putting level limitations on the rods should be enough. Alternatively you can tie the limits to the Angler's quests, i.e. finishing a certain number of quests will allow you to use higher rods.

Critter Catching
As it is, catching certain types of critters have their own built-in limitations, i.e. you need fast speeds for certain critters and you need to fly in some. The only level limitations I see would be to capture critters that are normally only available in hardmode such as truffle worms and lightning bugs. Alternatively you can create an NPC based on the Angler to provide critter catching quests.

Those are the only ones I can critique without actually having access to the inner workings. I hope they prove to be constructive.

Malakhglitch,

Great to have some good feedback on the fishing and critter catching skills especially when you do bring up valid points. I really do need to update the first post a bit because sadly a lot of the fishing and critter catching is simply wrong/out-dated. Nonetheless, you input is still great.

Fishing

We haven't announced it, mainly because we still need to do some testing with it, but fishing has been mostly implemented. With that said though we do want to look into probably having level requirements on rods - this idea is something we have been discussing. The bait is an interesting topic that we still need to discuss more. Pretty much though we want to add some restrictions onto bait because it's kind of OP if you are low level and get higher tier bait. Right now we've made only worms available for catching/buying from the angler while we figure this out more.

Critter Catching
Critter catching needs a lot of balancing and work. @CursedMoose and I have decided that instead of delaying the release of the mod to get this done, we will be putting it in as a post release update. This is because besides assisting the fishing skill, Critter Catching has no real purpose. Because of this, we are planning on adding some new features to weapons/gear by imbuing the items with the natural powers of the creatures. This will be a lot of work, and again why we will be not implementing it until after the release. The idea about adding an NPC is something I haven't thought of, but really like a lot actually - thanks!

Since it is also a Monday, I think we could all use a new sprites spoiler courtesy of @Jestex :

The Super Terraria World in-game Logo:
AkJU9Mk.png

A new quest and chemistry item, Slimy Mushroom:
Mr52ojY.png

Some of the new Obsidian gear:
PWzAan2.png
Co3g5ww.png
Mneo9QV.png
zRMahA5.png
iqNCvtc.png
wTwNHQ0.png

Let us know your thoughts about the new sprites xD

Last edited:
Metal spears
cEJNh5K.png
6Gxb1jt.png
LpSf0qe.png
g8Bf7lL.png
DDdPLm8.png
Uk2HXWM.png
3RvrYga.png
Kk6fMA5.png
AUhk4K1.png
jr39Nts.png
YAREj1l.png

Metal boomerangs
sDbF7nF.png
BmEewIl.png
EwG1RTJ.png
6piJg4K.png
6unsrRt.png
d5KI8zt.png
eZ1Pqf5.png
L7LSi2P.png
Y2EP5sH.png
4Bz0Tak.png
vH29RY9.png
F7PT4z7.png
cWFsicv.png
myynwWr.png
j6mAUDO.png
B3jWWfJ.png
vvNgraL.png
WOqaNXH.png
V5ITkgs.png

Thank you for posting these! I have been meaning to get around to it, but the big announcement has been keeping me very busy!

Also Your sprites are just too awesome!

@Jestex has been hard at work with even more sprites, this time for our new pistols:
WiUgBCZ.png
cRUbFxt.png
DMojGeC.png
Qy5xw5B.png
rxLfrti.png
7AbX1ne.png
qy2qIu7.png
DsDx0Eh.png
dFoXsvP.png
PhD7FWn.png
UwQBbnN.png
zq6sWzf.png
QxjV5L2.png
JoH0eRU.png
jxZ86cc.png
mvqjxlJ.png
uxZwrQX.png

As far as development work, we've been quite busy adding all the new items that Jestex is spriting for us. All of these new weapons are being added to help balance and improve the combat in STW. We've also completed the first ever quest. We hope to add many unique, story driven quests to help guide players through our Super Terraria World. To help you with the quests that you are doing we've implemented the Quest Log, which can be viewed on the Hero Menu:
iYmy1Xb.png

Click on a quest to see your current progress of that quest! We don't want to reveal any hints about the quest, so we only have this one screenshot to share.

You'll also see that we've added another option on the Hero Menu... I'm excited to announce that we are going to launching a Single Player Beta version of Super Terraria World. The goal of the SP Beta is to allow players to experience core STW gameplay features in a single player environment on your own generated maps and explore Work-in-Progress STW map features that will be present in the official STW maps. More details on the SP Beta to come.

Without further ado, here are the options that you will be able to enable/disable for the SP Beta:
a1VgBUC.png

As always, let us know your thoughts :)

Wow, this mod looks really cool! Am I correct in thinking that the mod will have its own Terraria launcher/client, and I'll be able to use vanilla Steam Terraria alongside it?

Wow, this mod looks really cool! Am I correct in thinking that the mod will have its own Terraria launcher/client, and I'll be able to use vanilla Steam Terraria alongside it?

Yes, we will be including a custom Terraria Client to play the mod with. There already exists a Terraria Game Launcher that allows you to launch different version of Terraria. I definitely will include instructions on how to setup that, but ultimately I would love to also include our own launcher eventually. :)

Back
Top Bottom