i got a 1.4 on my Amazon fire tablets
Yes, my controller buttons work perfectly fine, and I already map it, so I still don't know why it doesn't work, any idea?Do you have those buttons mapped to an action?
Another thing to check is whether the controller itself works. I assume it does, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Every time I beat plantera I gotta keep redoing it every time I leave I just made platform for moon lord thx game now what do I do.....
Initially released in May 2020 for PC, Journey's End brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called "complete". From new ways to play the game to over 1000 new items to find and craft to new bosses to challenge and even a full-pass review of all content of the game for balance, graphic quality, and mechanics - truly, Journey's End has something for everyone. We cannot wait to see your reactions as you dive in to all that this update has to offer, and we hope that you thoroughly enjoy our gift to you. It has been an amazing journey indeed... but we truly feel that this end is really just a new beginning for the amazing world of Terraria.
But wait, there's more! Mobile Terrarians are also receiving the 1.3.1 through 1.3.5 updates at the same time. That's right, you are getting SIX updates in one today!
So, what awaits you in Journey's End? What about all of that 1.3.1-1.3.5 content? As you can imagine, this is a LOT to go over... so we are going to provide you with a topline summary along with links to the PC Changelogs and the Journey's End Review articles from earlier this year. While some things may not match 1:1 (such as UI/control differences), we feel this is an easy way to at least get you familiar with the content that is here at your fingertips. We will cover off some differences where we can. Ready to map out your Journey? Read on, loyal traveler!
What affects NPC Happiness?
MOBILE TERRARIA 1.3.1-1.3.5 & JOURNEY'S END UPDATE TABLE OF CONTENTS
TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END (1.4)
View attachment 294566
TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END (1.4)
Terraria: Journey's End contains so much in the way of content and new features, that we felt it would be best to refer you over to the main Journey's End Changelog from the PC launch for the full details. To be clear, at this point, there are a couple of things that are NOT supported by Terraria: Journey's End on Mobile:
THERE & BACK AGAIN: A SUMMARY OF JOURNEY'S END
Texture Packs & Modding are not currently possible on Mobile. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.
That being said, let's dive into a few of the more cool/bigger features:
NEW CHANGES SPECIFIC TO MOBILE
New Lighting Mode: Color Lighting - this lighting mode provides for more vibrant colors and smoother lighting effects along with smoother water effects when moving liquids (the "ripples" effect is not in yet - we will be looking to add this post release)
Horizontal vs Vertical Hotbar toggle
Revised Gamepad mapping to account for the wide range of Journey's End controls - adjusted Defaults as well!
UI Changes to account for Journey's End Features
New Mobile Server Application for PC
DEDICATED MOBILE SERVER FOR WINDOWS/LINUX/PC
Over 1000 new items (beyond 1.3.5), bringing the total item count to over 5000!
New Critters to find, Enemies to Battle, and two new Boss Encounters!
Blood Moon and Lava Fishing are expanded
Brand new epic Terraria Music
and much, much more!
Journey Mode provides a more accessible Terraria experience by placing the power to create the gameplay you desire in the palm of your hands. Research blocks that you dig up, items that you find, and enemies that you defeat in order to gain the limitless power to duplicate or to adjust the difficulty of the game to your whims. At last, you can have the Terraria experience perfectly tailored to your desires... the only limit is your imagination!
With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode
How will all of this work on mobile? Well this is where some of the new Mobile UI changes come into play. Here are just a few examples:
Research & Duplication are located within Inventory on Mobile - so you can Research, Duplicate, Craft, and Repeat all without leaving your Inventory Screen!
Control the Weather, Difficulty, Enemy Spawns... Godmode... and much more with your Journey Powers located in Settings!
A next-level challenge intended for those skilled, brave, or foolish enough to take it on, Master Mode represents the ultimate Terraria challenge. Unrelenting, Master Mode will punish your every mistake and force you to prepare and up your game like never before. Do you have what it takes to prove that you are a Master of Terraria?
Time to hit the links in the world of Terraria! That's right, Journey's End brings the timeless game of golf to Terraria. Featuring an array of golf clubs, scorekeeping, and more, Terraria Golf introduces a whole new way to play. Create your own epic golf courses, share them with your friends, and then meet up on the links to challenge each other - who can hit the ball the longest, who has the best short game, and who has what it takes to make that clutch putt when it's all on the line?
Want to learn more? Check out our Feature Article all about Terraria Golf!
FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf
Want to see what all Terraria Golf has to offer? On launch day, be sure to download one (or all) of three killer golf maps hand-crafted by our beta testers - including courses created by some of the most talented builders across the Terraria community. Link below!
OFFICIAL JOURNEY'S END GOLF MAP STARTER KIT
One of the most impactful Quality of Life changes perhaps to ever reach Terraria, Block Swap is one of those features that you will find yourself asking "how did I ever live without this?!" in no time at all. No more will you have to tear down your constructions first in order to spruce them up with new-and-improved blocks or walls! Simply grab the block with which you wish to replace the existing blocks and place away - the new block will be put in place, and the old blocks will be there for you to pick up.
As long as your currently-equipped pick is powerful enough to dig up whatever it is you want to replace, Block Swap is there to serve you well!
Oh... and did we mention it works on chests... without you having to empty them first?
(Wait, your inventory is full? Where is all that pricey furniture going exactly?!?)
Inventory overflow... you hate it too? Well, we have got the solution for you!
What on the surface appears to simply be the fourth available character storage item - the Void Vault - transforms into an automagical inventory overflow vacuum when combined with the Void Bag held by the player. This combination of items will immediately whisk away any items the player picks up once their inventory is full - and deposit them safely at home in the Void Vault for safekeeping. This won't totally eliminate all of your inventory woes, but it will certainly cut down on those trips to and from home base!
Beware! For when too many tombstones gather together, the air shall chill and the mists roll in... what mysteries will you find buried six feet deep in the Graveyard?
FULL REBALANCE PASS ON ENEMIES AND ITEMS
As a part of Journey's End, the team examined and re-examined the balance of the content in the game. From start to finish, no stone was left unturned and no gear left unaccounted for. In the end, what remains is a full rebalancing of the game from top to bottom. Stats have changed, functionality has changed. There is no better time to start a fresh playthrough and experience the new Terraria for the first time!
Read all about the Revisit and Rebalance via the Article below!
What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience
BESTIARY & ZOOLOGIST NPC
The world of Terraria is so chock-full of content, it can be hard to keep track of it all! Sure, the Guide has you covered for crafting recipes and the Terraria Wiki is fantastic - but don't you wish there was a way to know more about your foes? Where can I find the Lost Girl? How much health does a Derpling have? How many coins can I get from farming Jellyfish? Wonder no more, for the Terraria Bestiary is here!
As you defeat foes, you will learn more and more about them - key stats, locations, drop rates, background info and more!
Learn all about the Terraria Bestiary by reading our recent Feature Article on the topic!
Mythical Beasts & Where to Farm Them: Exploring Terraria's Bestiary
EXPAND YOUR TERRARIA EMPIRE - PYLONS, TOWN BUILDING, AND NPC HAPPINESS
During Journey's End development, we conducted a focus group with all of the Terraria NPCs. Outside of some very strange requests (no, Guide, we cannot 'remove all doors at night'), their feedback was very clear: they are tired of being shoved into tiny cubicles or L shaped tubes and they want you to know this!
In order to help raise NPC morale so that they could be at their very best - and to reward players who go that extra mile to treat their NPCs with the respect they deserve, we are introducing the NPC Happiness System. How does it work? What does this mean for you? We have provided some details below, but you can check out our full Feature Article on the topic linked below as well!
Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness
- NPCs are happier when you locate them in biomes that they prefer
- NPCs are happier when they like their neighbors
- NPCs are happier when they are not overcrowded with other NPCs
Adding nice furniture and aesthetics doesn't directly affect NPC Happiness... but it sure will make you feel better about yourself when your friends come over for a visit.
What Happens if my NPCs are Happy/Unhappy?
- NPC Shop prices will adjust based upon how happy each NPC is at the time
- If you make an NPC happy enough, you will gain access to a Pylon for that Biome (more on this below!)
How can I tell if my NPCs are Happy?
- You will notice a new dialogue option for Happiness for each NPC
- This will give you hints about what might make them happier as well!
ROADS, WE WON'T NEED ROADS - INTRODUCING PYLONS
We briefly mentioned these mysterious Pylons in our section on things you can get with happy NPCs. So what are these, and why should you care? Well, if you have enough happy NPCs in a given biome, you will unlock the use of a Pylon for that biome. Pylons allow you to instantly teleport from one Pylon to another! With Pylons in place, your "big central base" now becomes an interconnected network of cool outposts all over the world, allowing you to get around quickly without the need to lay tracks or teleporters... and providing you a home away from home wherever you are!
PYLON INSTRUCTION MANUAL
You can only have one Pylon of a given biome type placed at a time (so you can not have, for example, an Ocean Pylon at both Oceans)
Pylons must be placed in their aligned biome in order to function (you can place them anywhere else, but they will not work!)
Pylons must also have two nearby (and living) NPCs in order to function - again, the idea here is to reward building those bases/towns!
Pylons cannot be used during Boss Battles or Invasion Events!
Pylons are quite easy to use. Once placed in their aligned biome, you simply click on a nearby pylon. This will take you to the map screen where you can locate another placed pylon to which you want to teleport, click it and off you go!
Journey's End has so much more to find and experience - we hope this very top-level summary has made you more familiar with some of the bigger features.
Return to Table of Contents
View attachment 294567
Terraria 1.3.5 was a relatively minor update in terms of size - and there are a few differences here of note:
Crystal Furniture as well as all of the other new items are included.
Localizations already exist on Mobile, so that has not changed.
Mobile Terraria already renders at native resolution higher than the game pixel resolution just like PC (existing feature from Mobile 1.3)
- Dungeons in newly generated worlds now contain new furniture
- Added a crystal furniture set, and expanded other furniture sets
- Added Arkhalis's and Leinfors' developer armor sets
- NPCs who are manually assigned to a room will attempt to return to it when they respawn after being slain
- Improved visuals on many different things
Return to Table of Contents
View attachment 294572
TERRARIA 1.3.4 - DUNGEON DEFENDERS 2 CROSSOVER CONTENT
Terraria 1.3.4 was one of the larger 1.3-era updates, bringing the Old One's Army invasion event - along with a plethora of new gear, furniture, and more - to Terraria!
View attachment 294578Dungeon Defenders 2 Cross-Over Invasion
- The Tavernkeep, a new NPC from the Dungeon Defenders universe, has arrived. He will be offering a variety of Etherian loot and gear in exchange for an exclusive currency earned by playing the new invasion!
- Invasion event featuring enemies, weapons, and gameplay mechanics inspired by Etheria - the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe
- This event will play like no other in Terraria - featuring a brand new mechanic where you protect an artifact from invading enemies with the help of a unique defensive structure system
- Multi-tiered event allows players at multiple points in the game to experience scaling difficulty, with corresponding loot
- Enjoy rewards in the form of armor, weapons, pets and more, all straight from the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe!
- Completely redesigned liquid visuals. Enjoy the ripples and waves, as the player, enemies, and projectiles now have a visible impact when they enter and move through water
- The Blizzard weather event now has a new, unique ambient sound when active
- Toggles for recently-added visual and water effects that will allow players to balance beautiful visuals and performance to fit their preferences
- Four new sentry summons, each of which has three tiers of potency
- Ten new weapons
- Eight new armor sets
- Five new accessories
- Two new pets
- One new light pet
- Three new boss masks and trophies
- Two new decorate furniture items
- One brand new “Personal Safe” style furniture item, in the style of the Piggy Bank and Safe
- A brand new currency which can be spent with the Tavernkeep for much of the above
- Ten new enemies, many of which can become visibly (and mechanically) more powerful as gameplay progresses
- Two new invasion style mini-bosses
- One new boss
- One new soundtrack based on the Dungeon Defenders 2 OST, complete with a matching Music Box
- Over 200 new sound effects inspired and adapted from Dungeon Defenders 2
- The way Sentry Summons function has been changed somewhat.
- Outside of the DD2 Invasion event, you now have a limit of one sentry summon at a time
- Some of the 1.3.4 content can increase this limit
- Unlike before, when the sentry limit is above 1, you can summon multiple versions of the same sentry. For instance, with a sentry limit of 3, you could summon 3 Frost Hydras at the same time.
- Summoners can now direct their minions to attack a specific target of their choosing. To do this, the summoner must tap an enemy while holding a minion summoning staff. Minions with line of sight on that enemy will target it immediately. However, if the minions do not have line of sight, they will continue to attack targets at random.
- It no longer rains in the space biome.
- The Halloween event now ends on November 1st
Return to Table of Contents
View attachment 294580
Terraria 1.3.3 was all about the showing the Desert Biome some much-needed attention. The Underground Desert was completely revamped in terms of enemies and items, Sandstorms and Blizzards were added, and much more!
- A new weather event has been added, sandstorms! With it come new enemies, new loot, a new soundtrack, and a unique experience in the desert biome!
- Blizzards now have a new visual effect
- Deserts and the Underworld now have a heat distortion visual effect.
- Dripping sand effects can be found in the desert, and placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper!
- Added the Forbidden Armor Set
- Added Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
- Added Onyx Blaster
- Added Sky Fracture
- Added Mandible Blade
- Added Spirit Flame
- Added Pocket Mirror
- Added Djinn's Curse
- Added Lamia Vanity Set
- Added the Ancient Vanity Set
- Added Desert Spirit Lamp
- Added Magic Sand Dropper
- Added Sandstorm Music Box!
- And several new banners!
- Sand Poachers now inflict the Venom debuff
- Dune Splicers now have more HP and Defense
- Dune Splicers and Tomb Crawlers may be more aggressive, especially during Sandstorms.
- Added a new block mining visual effect
- Added multiplayer performance improvements
- Upped spawn rates in underground desertFeatures:
Return to Table of Contents
View attachment 294598
TERRARIA 1.3.2 - PARTY TIME!
Terraria 1.3.2 brought the party to Terraria, allowing Terrarians everywhere to throw epic celebrations and to hang out with their NPCs in new ways.
Parties have now been added! You can start your own via the Party Girl's Party Center or the Town NPCs may start one, if certain conditions are met
- Added Bundled Party Balloons
- Added Balloon Animal
- Added Party Hat
- Added Silly Sunflower Vanity
- Added Silly Balloon Blocks and Walls
- Added Silly Tied Balloons
- Added Pigronata
- Added Party Center
- Added Silly Balloon Machine
- Added Streamers
- Added Party Present
- Added Cog Walls
- Added Sandfall Blocks and Walls
- Added Snowfall Blocks and Walls
- Added Snow Clouds
- Nerfed beehive-type bees in expert mode
- Trees now grow with a “poof!” even when visible on a player’s screen
- Rain Clouds are now craftable
- Clinger Staff can now use platforms as its resting point
- Town NPCs will TRY to avoid falling into cliffs away from their home area
- You can now use the Sort feature with chests
- Added Inventory Sorting.
- Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Added smart interact, making chatting with NPCs, opening doors and using objects easier.
- Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
- Improved Smart Cursor & made it interact with more items.
Quality of Life
- Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
- Added new large gem over-head display.
- Improved melee hit detection around slopes.
- Added Logic Gates (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, NXOR
- Added Logic Gate Lamps (On, Off, Faulty)
- Added Logic Sensors (Day, Night, Under Player)
- Added Liquid Sensors (Water, Lava, Honey, Any)
- Added Conveyor Belts.
- Added The Grand Design.
- Added Yellow Wrench.
- Added Junction Box.
- Added Mechanical Lens.
- Added Announcement Box.
- Added Actuation Rod.
- Added Team Blocks and Platforms.
- Added Static Hook.
- Added Presserator.
- Added Engineering Helmet.
- Added Companion Cube.
- Added Gem Locks.
- Added Large Amber.
- Added Weighted Pressure Plates (4 colors).
- Added Wire Bulb.
- Added 12 new craftable Critter Statues.
- Added Portal Gun Station.
- Added Trapped Chests.
- Added Projectile Pressure Pad.
- Added several new monster statues.
- Added Angler Tackle Bag.
- Added Geyser Trap.
- Added Bone Campfire.
- Added Ultra Bright Campfire.
- Added Multicolor Wrench.
- Critters spawned from statues are no longer catchable.
- Highly increased Duke Fishron's "run away" distance.
- Medusa can no longer petrify players directly above her.
- Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
- Added NPC names for the Painter, Wizard, and Skeleton Merchant
- You can now find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
- Lowered the volume of the Solar Eruption's use sound.
- Torches can now be put on actuated tiles.
- Slimes should no longer be able to go through 1 block high gaps.
- Target dummies no longer benefit from lifesteal or spectre set.
ADVENTURE MAPS - A WHOLE NEW WAY TO PLAY
One of the coolest aspects of this update is the way in which it makes mapmaking both easier and more in-depth! For those that are not aware, earlier in Terraria's life, there were a ton of custom maps - covering everything from standalone Adventures to Parkour to PVP and more - created by players for easy download and play. Theses maps utilized clever building skills and a defined set of rules to transform "vanilla" Terraria into a fresh experience. We are really hoping that Terraria 1.3.1 will trigger a renaissance of this kind of shared player creations!
To help kick that off properly way back when 1.3.1 released, we worked with mapmakers-of-legend @Clara and Noel to present their latest creation - and the first map made with Terraria 1.3.1 - for your gaming pleasure. Introducing....
To download the Tales of the Terrarian Map, simply click the image above!
For a brief description, screenshots, and other information about this brand new Adventure Map that uses a lot of what 1.3.1 has to offer, check out the Official Thread for Tales of the Terrarian! While you are there, be sure to share your feedback and appreciation for the amazing work these two put together here! Our entire team was impressed, to put it mildly.
If you would rather just dive right in and get playing, the basics (how to use custom maps and the rules for Tales of the Terrarian) are located in the spoiler below:
How to Download:
- Download the map from the link given above
- Place the world file in your Terraria worlds folder
- Create a new softcore character
- Join the world, it is called "Tales of the Terrarian"
- Use a new softcore character
- Destroy your starting items when you enter the map
- Do not use any items obtained/dropped from any mobs/NPCs
- Do not build or mine in the map
1.4.1 doesn't change the world itself very much, only a few. I don't think any world changes would impact gameplay past plantera.Every time I beat plantera I gotta keep redoing it every time I leave I just made platform for moon lord thx game now what do I do.....
1.4.1 doesn't require you to create a new world, the only changes it made regarding worldgen was doing a better job at keeping biomes from being consumed by corruption/crimson from the start and making pyramids generate slightly more often.Every time I beat plantera I gotta keep redoing it every time I leave I just made platform for moon lord thx game now what do I do.....
1.4.1 doesn't change the world itself very much, only a few. I don't think any world changes would impact gameplay past plantera.
This is 1.4 not 1.4.1 just so you guys know....1.4.1 doesn't require you to create a new world, the only changes it made regarding worldgen was doing a better job at keeping biomes from being consumed by corruption/crimson from the start and making pyramids generate slightly more often.
so just keep going with what you have, it shouldn't be an issue.