Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

I want to get around to corruption/crimson amounts. I don't really care for paintings, and they might end up being incredibly painful to add an option for that.
Furniture too, it's all integrated in their respective code segments.
The snow not being at spawn should be possible, I'll have to remember to try for that next update.
I guess I could have an option for enchanted swords shrines being real, but arkhalis dropping is impossible. What menu should that option be in?
Non-stripe Hallow segments would mean me writing a lot of code, not sure if I want to do that.
The shadow orbs/crimson hearts is my bad, I thought it would be cool, but I guess people thought otherwise.
Guaranteeing pyramids might be hard.
Sand spawn -- Sure, should be easy.
The towers are written in a way that makes it real hard to mess with, but maybe.

They were suggestions, so it's up to you what you would like to do. :)

The Corruption/Crimson amounts are the main thing stopping me from generating a perfect world. Sand and snow are a personal gripe of mine. (Always so much sand! And snow is too close to spawn.)
Most of the other ideas come from the thought of extending customisation of the world. Though I am curious: There's an option to guarantee at least 1 pyramid is generated. Why would it be more difficult to guarantee 2 or more? Is it because of trying to find a suitable spot to generate a pyramid? And also for Enchanted Sword / Arkhalis -- from your comment, I'm guessing that the sword you receive is not determined in world generation and is instead determined at the time you mine it?

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for future versions!

^ Yeah, some posts prior I mentioned snow biome being a total pain with tool. It's at the point that the only way I can tolerate all the corruption/crimson on the snow biome seem tolerable currently, is to take a minute or two to use the clentaminator around the surface before I start "playing" to purify some of the surface. I'm sure it seems a bit excessive to some, but IMO it's the best balance between using TerraCustom with all that it offers, and not having 95% of the snow biome's surface completely destroyed.

Not sure if there's a way to lock crimson/corruption to the standard forest areas so they don't override so much of the other biomes. Ideally, I'd love to have worlds that have jungle, ice, desert, crimson, corruption etc all featured somewhat equally and exclusively without too much overlap pre-hardmode. Most of these other biomes are fine if I choose to spawn jungle on the opposite side of the world -- with the exception of snow.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass248_0.<generateWorld>b__20(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

does anyone know how to fix it?

I love this mod and all of the work you put into it. Would it be possible to change the size of the living trees? Like make them wider, taller, and deeper lol? I really wanna play (and build) in a world where a lot of stuff is inside of trees.

Too lazy to quote everyone who wanted this feature.....

Update Released v0.3.5
  • Updated to tmodloader v0.8.3.2 (fixes some mods being disabled on load)
  • Added slider for Geyser Spawn
  • Added Corruption Biome Amount slider
  • Added Crimson Biome Amount slider
  • Added option to force Crimson and Corruption to separate sides.
  • Fix shadow/hearts spawning in wrong spots

50% Crimson, 50% Corruption (1 each), "Force Crimson/Corruption Separate Sides: Yes", Small
cU6kK5E.png

500% Crimson, 500% Corruption, "Force Crimson/Corruption Separate Sides: Yes", Small
0yXUeY2.png

500% Crimson, neat!
n29HUFy.png

Geysers!!!
UmpHJ5P.png

qovhw1O.png

R5O2sL6.png

Update Released v0.3.5
  • Updated to tmodloader v0.8.3.2 (fixes some mods being disabled on load)
  • Added slider for Geyser Spawn
  • Added Corruption Biome Amount slider
  • Added Crimson Biome Amount slider
  • Added option to force Crimson and Corruption to separate sides.
  • Fix shadow/hearts spawning in wrong spots
Thank you so much!
Unfortunately, I can't see the images (my workplace blocks many image hosting sites). But I'll definitely be having some fun this weekend! :)

I have looked over the forum, looking for some help on making a pretty mountainous world, at max length and height, like 60 open sky and 40 land/blocks... But I didn't come across anything that might've helped me out.

Would anyone mind helping me out?

I have looked over the forum, looking for some help on making a pretty mountainous world, at max length and height, like 60 open sky and 40 land/blocks... But I didn't come across anything that might've helped me out.

Would anyone mind helping me out?
I'd set surface lower bound as far as it goes, get variance up to 350%, and surface upper bound you'll have to play around with. 60% open sky is pretty hard though, you might be able to get around 40% sky if you try a few times.

Thanks Jopojelly!
[doublepost=1471247849,1471247490][/doublepost]
I'd set surface lower bound as far as it goes, get variance up to 350%, and surface upper bound you'll have to play around with. 60% open sky is pretty hard though, you might be able to get around 40% sky if you try a few times.

Ummm, Once I set the Surface Lower Limit to 10%, it will not allow me to change the Surface Upper Limit. Or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

I'm presuming that you mean
"Surface Lower Bound" is the "Surface Lower Limit"
"Surface Upper Bound" is the "Surface Upper Limit"
"Variance" is the "Surface Height Variance"

Is this correct?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    181.2 KB · Views: 350
Thank you for the Update! You've taken this mod the furthest it ever been. In case you want some suggestions for the future, I recommend you adding an option, that would force the crimson/corruption to stay out of desert and snow biomes (in a form of 2 separate triggers, of course). However, I don't recommend you to implement this feature before the 1.3 update because there will be additions to the desert and snow biomes and it would require you to rewrite this. Anyway, thank you for reading and have a nice day!

Thanks Jopojelly!
[doublepost=1471247849,1471247490][/doublepost]

Ummm, Once I set the Surface Lower Limit to 10%, it will not allow me to change the Surface Upper Limit. Or am I misunderstanding your meaning?

I'm presuming that you mean
"Surface Lower Bound" is the "Surface Lower Limit"
"Surface Upper Bound" is the "Surface Upper Limit"
"Variance" is the "Surface Height Variance"

Is this correct?
Set Surface Lower Limit to a high number. (Kinda backwards, but it's % from top.)

Back
Top Bottom