Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

So I tried to set my terrain variance to be relatively low, so that I'm doing less climbing and falling on the surface, and I happened to get beaches that were significantly higher than the rest of the map. I'm talking sheer cliffs straight up and down more than 20 blocks. I deleted the world without ever playing it and just made a fresh one with default terrain variance and it generated pretty normally. Is this a common issue with low terrain variance or did it just bug out the one time?
sounds like that might be a bug. I've looked into this but maybe I don't understand the code as well as I think. I'll try to look into this next time I work on this.

sounds like that might be a bug. I've looked into this but maybe I don't understand the code as well as I think. I'll try to look into this next time I work on this.
I'm pretty sure it happens not from the terrain variance (since I made another map with ~70% terrain variance which was the same as the first attempt and it is fine) but rather if you try to set valleys and mountains to the same value (I think 17% is the one I used) to try to create absolutely flat terrain. You end up with pretty much an entirely flat world with these tiny little hills and valleys spaced really far apart and then those sheer beaches. This keeping in mind that I'm using extra large worlds and generating at 12800 width and default height. Could be because of that.

Hey, I had a problem with TerraCustom
⬇⬇⬇

upload_2018-11-21_19-56-4.png

Hi, i know this is an old thread, but i’m on mac and i can’t get it to work, i’ve done every thing in the READ ME file but it doesnt boot up? any tips?

Why is it that after 900 chests, it says that failure is likely and won't generate the world?
Because 900 chests is an estimate, not the actual number of chests it will generate, and Terraria has a limit of 1000 chests in a world. Go over the number in worldgen and the world will most likely end up corrupted.

Hello, I had got this to work before, however now whenever I try to do a 12600x2400 world ( under est 430 chests total ) I keep getting a crash for one reason or another. Sometimes it's due to memory, and others it's not. Is there something I am doing wrong now compared to when I got it to work before? I might have added a few mods but mostly quality of life, non item ones since the initial use.
"12/12/2018 8:35:15 PM
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.Map.MapHelper.CreateMapTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Byte Light)
at Terraria.Map.WorldMap.UpdateType(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at WorldGenPreviewer.UIWorldLoadSpecial.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\WorldGenPreviewer\UIWorldLoadSpecial.cs:line 350
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)"

Just tried this out for the first time, mods I'm using from tmodloader are CalamityMod v1.4.0.2 & LargeWorldEnabler v0.1.2
Downloaded them from the mod browser. When I tried generating a world I get this crash log.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Not sure what the issue is so any help is appreciated. Win10 64-bit, 16gb RAM.

Just tried this out for the first time, mods I'm using from tmodloader are CalamityMod v1.4.0.2 & LargeWorldEnabler v0.1.2
Downloaded them from the mod browser. When I tried generating a world I get this crash log.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.CalamityWorld.ExpandWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)

Not sure what the issue is so any help is appreciated. Win10 64-bit, 16gb RAM.
calamity does some world expanding shenanigans, so a crash when using largeworldenabler sounds expected.

Nice tool - good to make large world's ...
would it be possible by limiting the high at 2400 (most times enough ..) to make larger worlds as 16800 wide ??

Regards

Any chance for a slider on the size of more biomes? Like increasing the size of the snow or jungle biomes, or the *size* [rather than the number] of clouds? {while I'm sure it's beyond the scope of this mod to make multi-roomed cloud houses, at least a bigger cloud would be a good start to making a castle in the sky ^_^}

The other nice feature would be a way to save the snow biome from evil, similar to the option to save the jungle. Maybe that isn't possible on tiny worlds but on large worlds there's *so much* space that's neither snow, desert, nor jungle that the Corruption can take up, but it almost invariably ruins a perfectly awesome ice cavern.

Last but not least, you're able to force the existence of World Trees and pyramids, but is there any way we might someday be able to change the number or size of these features? I'd kill for an absolutely humongous World Tree.

Back
Top Bottom