Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know how Terraria SWITCHES from platform to platform, which makes it such a good game. (btw, love the image, thx @Crowno)

Nice to know it's been confirmed.
I have three questions:

1. Will there be any consol exclusive items.

2. What version will the platform run on. For instance 3ds version runs on the mobile version.

3. Will the hero's/plumber's outfit be like that of pc or the alternate colors.

Thank you for this announcement and loking forward to playing the game one more time!

Hello Terrarians!

Yesterday, we confirmed that Terraria will be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2017. We are very excited to open up Terraria to new users and to be part of the great group of 'Nindies' coming to Nintendo Switch! We've received a lot of questions, and can confirm that, at launch Terraria for Switch will be at least version 1.3. We'll share more details later down the road, but couldn't wait to let everyone know, Terraria will be on Switch!

Our friends at Pipeworks Studio are still hard at work on 1.3 for console and mobile. And, we are still on track to launch 1.3 on PS4 and Xbox One during Q2 this year :) To further get you excited about Terraria on Switch - and for the big updates coming to PS4/XB1 and Mobile later this year, we thought we would give you a sneak peek at our new in-progress Console box art revamp, hand drawn by Re-Logic's very own @Crowno!

As always, THANKS for your support! We're looking forward to some great things, so stay tuned :)
That art is....in a word - amazing. 11/10 Crowno, you have outdone yourself.

Excited to finally be able to confirm the Switch news as well. :cool:
yea the art looks nice

Will we get the zapinator, just like the 3DS version? That'd be great!
I don't think so. The 3DS version is very... weird. Weirder than the mobile version, and that's saying something.
(the following story is from my memory)
The Zapinator was originally a weapon used for testing. They needed an overpowered weapon for certain tests. But when they released the game, they accidentally left the Zapinator in the files. They eventually removed it, brought it back to the 3DS version (for some reason), nerfed it, and made it a drop from Plantera.
More info on @ChippyGaming 's video called "Top 5 removed items from Terraria". (can't provide a link now)

I don't think so. The 3DS version is very... weird. Weirder than the mobile version, and that's saying something.
(the following story is from my memory)
The Zapinator was originally a weapon used for testing. They needed an overpowered weapon for certain tests. But when they released the game, they accidentally left the Zapinator in the files. They eventually removed it, brought it back to the 3DS version (for some reason), nerfed it, and made it a drop from Plantera.
More info on @ChippyGaming 's video called "Top 5 removed items from Terraria". (can't provide a link now)
I know the backstory of the Zapinator, by far the most infamous removed item in Terraria history, existing in the game for a mere day! I wouldn't see it being entirely impossible to see the Zapinator on Switch, since the switch is also a nintendo hand-held.

I assume the Zapinator will be in the Switch version as it is on 3DS; much like the Hero's and Plumber's outfits will remain looking like Link and Mario instead of color variants.

Although I'll never give up my mouse and keyboard when it comes to Terraria, I'm sure there's a lot of players that will be thrilled for the inclusion of Terraria on the Switch. I'm sure it'll also pull in even more new players, which always makes it exciting. I look forward to seeing the turnout. Congrats to Re-Logic for making such a fantastic and successful game. :cool::dryadcool::nursecool:`:cool::merchantcool:~:cool::red:

Nice to know it's been confirmed.
I have three questions:

1. Will there be any consol exclusive items.

2. What version will the platform run on. For instance 3ds version runs on the mobile version.

3. Will the hero's/plumber's outfit be like that of pc or the alternate colors.

Thank you for this announcement and loking forward to playing the game one more time!
1. As far as i know, it wilol be just a Ported PC Version. there might be Extra Stuff tho...
2. wut. no idea what you mean, if you mean the Game Version, it says that it will be PC's 1.3.
3. and also as far as i know (so might be wrong), but the Nintendo Reference Items only got Changed on Non-Nintendo Consoles.

this announcement alone is a good reason for me to get a Switch. I was hoping 1.3 would've made it to PS Vita since 1.3 on the go has been my dream here but Switch will take over.

Amazing, I just received a $100 Dollar Free Steam Wallet Code at <Link removed by Staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, I just received a $100 Dollar Free Steam Wallet Code at

@canonball575

Please do not post links of this nature advertising "free wallet codes" or similar forms of "free games". Such links are never legitimate and usually lead to illegal sites that promote piracy, which we do not permit to be hosted on these Forums.

I recommend reviewing our policy in more detail regarding piracy/suspicious links. https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...ation-concerning-piracy-and-scam-links.49989/

Two Fire Emblem games, Xenoblade 2, and now TERRARIA?!?!?!?! There's no reason for me NOT to get the Switch at this point!!!!!
wait there is gonna be 2 Fire Emblem games...?
i was just got one for Terraria, Isaac, Gunegon and Zelda (mostly Zelda, because that game alone is Worth getting a Switch)

Nintendo Switch needs ALOT more titles before id even consider buying one, but it's nice to see it has Terraria now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom