Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

I always find it most enjoyable to have one character per world. Is it possible to have pyramid loot renewable in some way? now that sandstorm in a bottle can be crafted it would be great if the same for the flying carpet and robes could be done, or make it obtainable from oasis or mirage crates.

Also, is there a reason that frozen crates don’t drop the Ice Machine?

Would there be a chance to remove the pink border around unresearched items in journey mode on console and mobile?
It’s really annoying as PC only has it as a tooltip, and this is another thing that kind of prevents me from playing journey mode is because I literally research everything tp get up to the point where they aren’t like that.
I mean it’s not that important to have especially since there’s the research menu.

Do magic shimmer droppers not exist? I don't see any recipe for it and I tried just tossing the empty dropper into some shimmer but got nothing.

well, i ran into a bit of a bug... actually a similar one i ran into in the original 1.4 console release.

i'm not sure why or when it happened, but particle effects seemed to have disappeared while i was playing.

hermes boots' smoke, magic mirror's sparkles, and my wandering set's fireflies, my magic lantern's sparkling effect... all disappeared.

except, unlike last time... it's not restricted to a certain section of the map, it's everywhere.

i can't really offer much beyond that, though, cause it took me awhile to notice it.

this is on PS4, by the way.

Edit: saving and quitting fixes it, but i still dunno what caused it to begin with.

Last edited:
could you guys buff the terra blade damage back up just a bit? 85 feels too low and way too low after the previous 115. i think 95-100 would be fair

Интересно, сколько раз ещё будет выходить новая версия,в которой все будут исправлять и добавлять?

The localization file is kept available in this thread, towards the bottom:
ty

Personally, I'm a pre-hardmode enjoyer and I always disliked the fledgling wings because they borked the old progression and my friends and I have been in the camp to revert ever since 1.4.1 dropped. Different strokes. Wings to us were always a hardmode thing and them being easily accessible pre-HM felt wrong, and invalidated other navigation options earlier than we felt they should be.
I've been playing for a few days with a friend in pre-HM and I have to agree now. Crafting towards a bundle of ballons and terrasparks feels a lot more like actual progression than quickly maxing out mobility with fledgeling wings and amphibian boots. With shimmer decrafting you can even weave in a lucky horseshoe without wasting balloons.

All Mobility enhancing stat bonuses reduced by 25%.
I did some catching up with the changelog.
What does that mean? For example Magiluminescence gives 20% speed but it has this line mentioned in it's "nerf" .. so its boost is 20% but its apparently reduced by 25% or does it mean any other mobility stat boosts are reduced while wearing Magiluminescence/Soaring Insignia ? If so how does it work if i wear both Magiluminescence and Soaring Insignia (which both have same exact nerf)

Last edited:
I did some catching up with the changelog.
What does that mean? For example Magiluminescence gives 20% speed but it has this line mentioned in it's "nerf" .. so its boost is 20% but its apparently reduced by 25% or does it mean any other mobility stat boosts are reduced while wearing Magiluminescence/Soaring Insignia ? If so how does it work if i wear both Magiluminescence and Soaring Insignia (which both have same exact nerf)

The first guess was correct. If "old" Magiluminescence granted a 20% speed boost, now this boost is only 15%. It is not a reduction to any other stats, only a reduction to the stat bonus it added.

Some, though not all, of Magilum and Soaring Insignia's stat benefits are the same. For the few stats that they BOTH added to, the net reduction will be even more significant, as it is multiplicative. However, it is still always a net gain over not using them at all, and they are not reducing your stats.

The changelog entry was summarized in this way because these items impact a variety of minor and technical movement related stats which aren't easily explained to the average player, and all that really needs to be understood is that "it is now giving 25% less benefit than it did before, on all fronts". Except Insignia's infinite flight.

The first guess was correct. If "old" Magiluminescence granted a 20% speed boost, now this boost is only 15%. It is not a reduction to any other stats, only a reduction to the stat bonus it added.

Some, though not all, of Magilum and Soaring Insignia's stat benefits are the same. For the few stats that they BOTH added to, the net reduction will be even more significant, as it is multiplicative. However, it is still always a net gain over not using them at all, and they are not reducing your stats.

The changelog entry was summarized in this way because these items impact a variety of minor and technical movement related stats which aren't easily explained to the average player, and all that really needs to be understood is that "it is now giving 25% less benefit than it did before, on all fronts". Except Insignia's infinite flight.
I see. Thanks for explaining.

Is Amazon almost done approving the new update yet? I'm tired of waiting for Amazon to approve it.

Nothing yet, 505 is attempting to sort out what the delay could possibly be...

I've been playing for a few days with a friend in pre-HM and I have to agree now. Crafting towards a bundle of ballons and terrasparks feels a lot more like actual progression than quickly maxing out mobility with fledgeling wings and amphibian boots. With shimmer decrafting you can even weave in a lucky horseshoe without wasting balloons.
I know my way of playing isn't always going to be the best, but I'm glad you could come to see it the way I do nonetheless. This way wings still feel like special hardmode things and are also still something that you can get as a rare lucky treat in pre-HM.

Shimmer drops would be purely aesthetic so it's a bit of a weird exclusion. Would've looked nice in the aether cave.
Yeah I agree, the rarity point doesn't make sense to me. They're purely aesthetic and would only serve to make Aether builds look more mystical.

Back
Top Bottom