• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

TheTrueBrawler

Plantera
Here's a question. I had problems with this before. I like the music pack I have and chose to disable the remixes, but doing so broke the music at some points. What would happen is that the music playing before would continue playing, but sometimes it would play two tracks at once like the title screen music and hallow music. The point I noticed was slime rain.

I noticed a change in music when I disabled them (remixed music isn't playing on world generation). Are these all fixed?

CaptainCagle

Terrarian
Why in the hell does the climbing mechanic apply to platforms. I cant even count the number of times ive been fighting in my boss arena only to have my character decide to stop completely and climb up a platform instead of flying through it.

ozoahameg

Terrarian
Why in the hell does the climbing mechanic apply to platforms. I cant even count the number of times ive been fighting in my boss arena only to have my character decide to stop completely and climb up a platform instead of flying through it.
my suggestion is this (separate the "UP" key and "jump")
i literally use "ALT" as up to climb ropes and ledges and "W" for fly/jump
but its up to you if you find this harder then i have nothing else to say casue ive been using this keybinding ever since my 1st terraria game-play at vanilla
i always separate "UP" and "JUMP" cause i ended up climbing ropes and vines if i put them at same button

Grimwolf

Terrarian
I've encountered a bug linked to the Thorium mod.
Thorium is the only other large mod I have, and after using one of it's transformation items and turning back again, I get an error in which my character's torso turns invisible any time it tries to use the aiming appearance from this mod, like with a ranged weapon equipped. If I don't have a ranged weapon equipped, everything looks fine.
It goes back to normal if I exit Terraria completely, though just exiting to the main menu doesn't fix it.
-Edit- It's worse than I thought, because the Viscount boss transforms you forcibly, which triggers the same bug. I have to exit the game any time I'm done fighting him because of this conflict.

Last edited:

Zdog237

Terrarian
I somehow obtained "Jade's Birb Disguise" after defeating a goblin army and Slime King. It says it is an expert mode item but I am not in expert mode. I didn't defeat any of the bosses that my recipe browser says drops the item. can someone tell me why this might have happened?

Mirsario

Spazmatism
Why in the hell does the climbing mechanic apply to platforms
Because otherwise you wouldn't be able to make up for the lowered jump height to even navigate a basic house. I'll most likely make climbing not trigger when a player has enough vertical velocity, or enough wing time.

I somehow obtained "Jade's Birb Disguise" after defeating a goblin army and Slime King. It says it is an expert mode item but I am not in expert mode. I didn't defeat any of the bosses that my recipe browser says drops the item. can someone tell me why this might have happened?
Didn't mean for it to be expert-only, ignore the tooltip.

Grimwolf

Terrarian
Glass platforms are flammable, which I'm assuming is a bug. I tried using them to build an arena for fighting the Wall of Flesh, but they kept burning up.

Mirsario

Spazmatism
Thorium is the only other large mod I have, and after using one of it's transformation items and turning back again, I get an error in which my character's torso turns invisible any time it tries to use the aiming appearance from this mod, like with a ranged weapon equipped.
Wrote this down.

Glass platforms are flammable, which I'm assuming is a bug. I tried using them to build an arena for fighting the Wall of Flesh, but they kept burning up.
I believe I tried fixing this in 3 updates now. Quite annoying.

SolV

Terrarian
Sorry if I have missed this being talked about somewhere, but there is something happening with throwing weapons on my build. currently, any modded throwing weapons I use are not "used up". But, they are used up if I use the right click action (which produces a 3 item scatter shot). I'm assuming this isn't the intended effect because it is giving me unlimited throwing ammo, and I'm guessing that this effect is coming from Overhaul, as the issue goes away when I turn off the Item Reworks option in the Overhaul config. If this is intended, is there a way to turn it off? Is there a way to turn off Overhauls effects on just throwing weapons without turning the whole feature off?

also, Vanilla throwing weapons work normally as in vanilla.

The mods I'm using are: Recipe Browser, Thorium, Mod of Redemption, Shadows of Abbadon, Fargo's souls, Magic storage, wing slot, spirit mod, boss health bar and vein miner. I am also using the 32-bit version of TMod Loader.

Grimwolf

Terrarian
Sorry if I have missed this being talked about somewhere, but there is something happening with throwing weapons on my build. currently, any modded throwing weapons I use are not "used up". But, they are used up if I use the right click action (which produces a 3 item scatter shot). I'm assuming this isn't the intended effect because it is giving me unlimited throwing ammo, and I'm guessing that this effect is coming from Overhaul, as the issue goes away when I turn off the Item Reworks option in the Overhaul config. If this is intended, is there a way to turn it off? Is there a way to turn off Overhauls effects on just throwing weapons without turning the whole feature off?

also, Vanilla throwing weapons work normally as in vanilla.

The mods I'm using are: Recipe Browser, Thorium, Mod of Redemption, Shadows of Abbadon, Fargo's souls, Magic storage, wing slot, spirit mod, boss health bar and vein miner. I am also using the 32-bit version of TMod Loader.
Oh yeah, I was noticing that issue as well whenever I tried a throwing weapon added by Thorium. I forgot about it since I don't generally use them. When throwing them, the ammo count would never go down, but it would go up further after picking them up off the ground, leading to my ammo count continually rising as I used them.

ozoahameg

Terrarian
Oh yeah, I was noticing that issue as well whenever I tried a throwing weapon added by Thorium. I forgot about it since I don't generally use them. When throwing them, the ammo count would never go down, but it would go up further after picking them up off the ground, leading to my ammo count continually rising as I used them.
lol yes this happened to me too and it can be used for money cheat for a run through i wish this is fixed soon tho
but normally it doesnt matter since modded throwing weapons are rarely used but i still want this fixed

TrashIdentity

Terrarian
So is there no way to fix the throwing weapons bug? I assumed there'd be a way to turn off whatever changes overhaul made to throwing weapons (or to turn off Thorium's throwing weapons instead) but i can't figure out if either is doable :s

Edit: it happens wiith vanilla throwing weapons too, Shurikens and Throwing Knives both are infinite when Overhaul and Thorium are installed

Last edited:

SolV

Terrarian
So is there no way to fix the throwing weapons bug? I assumed there'd be a way to turn off whatever changes overhaul made to throwing weapons (or to turn off Thorium's throwing weapons instead) but i can't figure out if either is doable :s

Edit: it happens wiith vanilla throwing weapons too, Shurikens and Throwing Knives both are infinite when Overhaul and Thorium are installed
Odd, I didn't have that issue with the vanilla Shuikens.

shift

Terrarian
hi. everyone can tell me:
Skeleton Archer
can burn my wooden house in the cavern layer? (with setting fire system: on)

ozoahameg

Terrarian
hi. everyone can tell me:
Skeleton Archer
can burn my wooden house in the cavern layer? (with setting fire system: on)
yes they can if they use faming arrow
is also include "guide" in hard mode since he uses flaming arrow in hardmode (careful)
my suggestion is that always bring a water type weapon like (water bolt) to turn off flames (you can also go "for watergun" for unlimited use)

Top Bottom