OOC The Island - OOC

I think none of the timeline was reset, I gave Roy the scarf that he bought in New Navon, but I'm not completely certain.
I do recall Char saying something about wanting to start from scratch or something.

Since I didn't pay close attention to the old OC thread before it got deleted, do we start completely from scratch, or do we just reset levels and/or equipment?

Also we start at level 2 for Soldiers and Spies, right?
Start from scratch at first, then we'll go over things like gear or missing critical features and give you what you need. (For instance Zack's rifle and some of his possessions might be critical for his character).

For anyone interested in Warlocks or Wizards; new Warlock Invocations and a new Wizard Arcane Tradition from the newest Unearthed Arcana have been added to the Classes and Archetypes thread in the 5e Character Builder Group.

I mean, if you guys really, reallllly want, we can use point buy. Remember, point buy has a floor of 8 and a ceiling of 15 in 5th edition, and bad ability scores is the main way you can unbalance this edition. All it really does is make an unnecessary complication for the character creation process, imo.

I mean, if you guys really, reallllly want, we can use point buy. Remember, point buy has a floor of 8 and a ceiling of 15 in 5th edition, and bad ability scores is the main way you can unbalance this edition. All it really does is make an unnecessary complication for the character creation process, imo.
However, this would allow for us to be balanced (like Platinum) or extremely unbalanced (like Leland) or in between (like how we are right now).
I'm not saying that I really want point buy. Honestly, I've spent too much time on Roy's character sheet, so I'm reluctant to go and use a point-buy calculator right now

Speaking of character sheets, I finally found Roy a picture.

I do, in my opinion, being weaker in one area and being stronger in another isn't really my thing as I usually balance my characters (well, you only saw one). Use any number of points you want, having a ceiling of 15 will mean we will have less than 35.
Edit: RIP martial classes...

Point buy is at a flat 27 this edition, and works as follows:

Score |Cost
8 |0
9 |1
10 |2
11 |3
12 |4
13 |5
14 |7
15 |9

Honestly, I think characters that are 14/14/14/10/10/10 usually are usually much more boring than 15/14/13/12/10/8, but that's just my opinion.

I was thinking more along the lines of 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13.

And besides boringness, it doesn't give much character options. You're balanced in everything, but not really good in anything. Additionally, there isn't a class that fits well with such a character (except maybe Elderich Knight, College of Valor, some types of Clerics, and ranger, but they still don't work well)

Well, using 3rd party software proved to be a pita before, at least until multiple posts were made per applicant to get them up to speed with how to use it. Trying to differentiate "points" and "score" to someone who has never played before is confusing af.

Also, I am trying to keep everything that I can on TCF this time, the only thing that I can't do for that is rolling dice.

...So uh, am I allowed to use point buy or not? I'm almost done with rebuilding Platinum, took longer than expected.

Back
Top Bottom