Story The Lamentation of the Moon Lord

What should I write next?

• Somthing NOT Terraria based (Probably not on these forums)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love to see his face in the next chapter!
Moon_Lord.png

This, because Elder Gods can't make surprised faces

Chapter twenty nine: ... Wait, what?

The Moon Lord felt something tug at his arm. Furrowing his brow, he turned to the disturbance, and opened his eyes to glare at it. The offending party was the still damaged Skeletron Prime, and it's eyes were burning with rage as it pointed back down to the world below.

Grumbling slightly as he straightened, the Moon Lord looked down, trying to find out what all the fuss was about. Following the finger's aim, the Moon Lord found himself looking at the Village, and could not figure out what the matter was.

And then he saw it. Running back and forth between the chests, fresh as a daisy, was the Warrior. Not a scratch, completely recovered and undeterred, it was the mortal who had just now been slain, and ruptured into a cloud of ash. Looking back at the clearing, the Tombstone was still there, and so were the ashes. Even the coins that had fallen from the cloud of burnt dust remained.

Looking back at Skeletron Prime, the Moon Lord's face was blank. Pulling over one of the mangled arms, the Moon Lord shakily began to repair it, not a word escaping his throat. Prime reached out with his damaged Vice to see what was wrong, but pulled back, thinking better of it.

Finishing the repairs on the Saw, the Moon Lord pulled over the other arm, and began to fix that too. Mid way through welding closed a shattered Femur, the Moon Lord threw the limb aside, and screamed.

The force of the scream was unlike any other. It echoed across the world below, so faintly only those attuned to his power could hear. It was a sound not know to man, filling the minds of those who could comprehend it with an undying rage and fury, strong enough to bring them to their knees, weeping.

Recovering himself, the Moon Lord panted, and waved Skeletron Prime over. Approaching warily, the Machine lowered his head, and the Moon Lord began to veeery slowly repair it, shaking as he fought to control himself.

Finishing the repairs, he retrieved the discarded Arm, and began to fix it once more. And the Moon Lord found himself cooled. Not calmed, no. That was no longer an emotion the Moon Lord knew. He burned inside, a cold hate that wanted to scour the surface of the world below of all things, and yet he could not. His full power could not manifest there, as the world was not filled with enough power to contain him.

Once all of the Arms were repaired, the Moon Lord turned to his watching of the world below. The Warrior had returned underground, harvesting the power of Light in the Hallow.

Unseen by those who looked on from above, a small coven who still revered the Moon Lord as a God began to recover, rising up as they glanced at each other. They all knew what had transpired, even if they did not know how they gained that knowledge. Their leader, the most Ancient of the Lunar Cult, called a sermon, to discuss what to do about this... Warrior.

Also, now that I have a good idea of the reader base, I'm thinking of changing/closing the poll. Opinions?

Chapter thirty: Taking a step backward

After a few forays underground Hallow and Corruption, the Warrior went back to fishing for a bit, going to unusual areas at times for the rarer fish. The Moon Lord focused instead on gathering his power, watching carefully, trying to find something that might be used to prevent the Warrior from coming back.

Skeletron Prime was reluctant to head back down to fight, and the Moon Lord did not blame him. Destroy your foe, and they just return, with you only delaying their path of destruction slightly. Lose against them, and they harvest your corpse, using the remains to become even stronger. The Moon Lord thought on this, and tried to figure out what he could do to end this tug of war...

And then he thought of an idea. It was simple, really. Let the Warrior win. Do not make it easy for him, sure, but there is one way the Moon Lord benefits from having the Warrior slaying more powerful foes. Glancing at Prime, it did not seem to notice what the Moon Lord was planning. Good. Having it fight at full strength would be necessary.

The Warrior had moved on to crafting things now, mixing some potions, including new ones the Moon Lord had not seen before. Looking around, the Moon Lord tried to plan ahead... There was Prime. There was the jungle. What else could he throw at the undying Warrior, to at least set him back?

As his gaze swept over the Dungeon, he felt something different. Something... Hidden. Peering through the ancient ruin, he found the point where the feeling was greatest, but saw nothing. Reaching through with a sliver of power, the Moon Lord probed around, and found a hidden fold, leading to a great hall of worship. To him.

The Ancient leader of the Lunar Coven was in the middle of discussing how to fight this Warrior, just as the Moon Lord had been thinking of how to. Touching the Leader with his power, they froze, and listened. Smiling, the Moon Lord greeted the Cultist, trying to see if they were responsive, even with the magic saturating the air.

The Leader did indeed respond, and informed his Coven that he was now in contact with the Lord of the Night. The Moon Lord told the Leader to wait, as he had a use for those that worshiped him, and they would do best to bide their time. Agreeing immediately, the Ancient Leader passed on the message, and they quieted down, gathering their power in anticipation.

Looking back at the Warrior, they had finished brewing a collection of swirling concoctions, and laid them out in the clearing, ready to drink. Then, they pulled out something else, a Skull, imbued with the power of Light and Darkness, forged of simple iron, and grafted with bone. Activating the peculiar device, the power that fueled Skeletron Prime reacted to it, tugging him closer. Nodding, the Moon Lord sent him down, to do what needed to be done. And the Moon Lord looked on, formulating his next plan...

Alright, I'm enjoying this. Only on chapter nine, and I've noticed that you use it's (it is) as possession when it should be its. It's looking good anyway.

Alright, I'm enjoying this. Only on chapter nine, and I've noticed that you use it's (it is) as possession when it should be its. It's looking good anyway.
Thanks! Also, gah `:sigh:I always get that wrong. In my head, possesion should get the ' and the other should not. Its is the ONLY possession word not to.

Noticed another thing, sometimes you refer to the explorer as they, when we know he isn't. I only noticed it in the Queen Bee fight so far.

All people can be referred to as they. And since the player can choose the gender, I was trying to keep it ambiguous, but have slipped up here and there. Plus, using he for the Moon Lord and they for the PC makes it a bit easier to read, less pronoun confusion.

I suppose that's right... I assumed only a man could be so obnoxious and destructive, I guess my parents and their old age stereotypes are rubbing off on me despite efforts against such.

You have a great imagination and I can't wait until the next chapter!
(I am curious will you mention glitches in the story like for example "The hero somehow managed to jump through a wall")

Chapter thirty one: Round two

Skeletron Prime found the Warrior fully buffed, minions waiting, mounted on a unicorn, and Seedler already swinging. Skeletron responded in turn, entering a spinning headbutt immediately, arms firing or swinging appropriately.

Riding off to the side, the Warrior did their best to avoid the incoming arms, bombs and lasers. They also directed their attacks predominantly at the central Skull itself, relying on the fragments of the attacks to hit the arms instead. Reaching the edge of the clearing, they dismounted, and leapt up into the air, and flew over the Skeletal Monstrosity using their wings.

This helped them to dodge the most part of the incoming attacks, but not all. The Vice clipped them on the way as they leapt over it, making them stumble a little. Mounting up again before hitting the ground, they began to repeat the process, swinging away. The Moon Lord watched on, noticing that the Warrior was paying closer attention to the Machine's movements, and was doing a better job of avoiding them than before. Not perfect, but still better than last time.

Prime seemed to notice this too, and would retreat now and then, trying to avoid the projectiles flung it's way, and the fragments from such whenever they shattered. This only worked for a moment, as the Warrior adjusted their aim to account for the weaving, and went back to landing hits more often than not.

The repairs on the arms soon began to crack, coming undone. A few of the spikes on the main skull also received a few chips and dents. The Warrior took their fair share of damage, chugging down yet another of their impressive stockpile of healing potions. It would also seam they upgraded their usage, and are now swigging Greater Healing concoctions, making it even more difficult to send them off.

A particularly large crack appeared upon the Laser this time, diverting the Warrior's attention to the arm instead, focusing it down for a moment. After missing half of their shots, they went back to aiming at the main skull, which wasn't fairing too well itself. The Warrior was downing their second potion, which was keeping them in peak physical condition for the fight.

Just as similar cracks were winding down both the Cannon and the Vice, the Laser shattered, falling to the ground in a cloud of metal shards. Skeletron Prime launched another barrage of attacks, smacking the Warrior against the ground as they were about to leap over again. Shaking it off, the Warrior slashed at the weakened arms, shattering those as well, leaving only the Saw and the main Skull itself.

Watching on, the Moon Lord was impressed by how much the Warrior had improved. That last hit had indeed taken it's toll, but they would recover, and it was unlikely that they would lose at this point. Gathering power, the Moon Lord prepared for the inevitable defeat, sending snaking trails of power to the clearing.

The Saw did not last longer, only landing a couple of hits before joining the rest of the fallen limbs. Skeleton Prime, or what was left of it, pulled back as it gathered strength for one final attack, as it was barely holding together as well. The Warrior downed another potion, having taken a few wounds as well, and not wanting to lose at the last moment.

The spikes popped out, the Skull charged, and the Warrior kept a little distance, using the sword to both slash and fire off more Seeds. The charge lasted the length of the clearing, and the spikes nipped the Warrior once or twice... But Skeletron Prime still fell. And the Warrior looted the body, and the Moon Lord reached down, smiling...

Back
Top Bottom