Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
index.php

The TCF 1 Year Anniversary Contest Submission Thread!

Welcome to all 1.3 Contest Submission Applicants! This is the thread to submit your proposals for the contest in a post below. For more details and rules, please check out the main thread for the Anniversary Contest. It is your responsibility to make sure that your entries fit the rules of the contest as expressed in the main thread, so please read it. :dryadsmile:

As a reminder, all entries must fit into one of the five categories listed below; labeling your submission's category will be very helpful to the judges for organizing everything:
- Art (traditional medium, digital, sculpture, etc)
- Screenshots
- Creative Writing or Poetry
- Music
- Videos

In the case of large screenshots/images and lengthy writing, please include your post in spoilers to keep the thread easier to read. We would also ask, if you care to share, for a brief description of your entry including your concept and inspiration, and how it relates to your 1.3 experience.

Any non-entries posted here will be removed or deleted. If you want to discuss entries or the contest itself, please use the main contest thread. Entries will be taken until October 26th, after which the thread will be closed and all entries will be final!

2ahd17r.gif
Good Luck!
21e3fux.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My mind hurts from the constant works
Choosing which block fits best for this
Maybe I should just paint lots of dirt
That works fine, I hope, me thinks.

Nope, wrong shade, once more I check.
How much longer do I have to tolerate?
There are mobs that keep aiming for my neck
But that's fine, their emotions are just pure hate.

Finally, I can get started at last.
This going to be awesome, be amazing!
Next thing you know I'm having a blast,
From the concentration, my eyes are hazing.

It's finished, and I dance around with glee!
I can't wait for everyone to see!
With one last glance, I admire my work
No longer will I have to lurk
My eyes taking one final strain
I notice a stray pixel -
Oh no, I must do it all again!
The concept of this was my experience in building. I'm fairly bad at it and this always ends up happening.
As for my inspiration, I was actually trying to do a build of the Daedalus Stormbow for this, but I finished it then realised that it was all wonky, and couldn't fix it without rebuilding it all over again.

In the dark of the night a lord looks down…

He is the lord of the moon the moon lord.

He watched in horror as his fellow space dwellers was slain by an immortal hero he created to make this world any which way the hero wanted…

But the hero took things too far when he killed the eye of Cthulhu but the angry inhabitants of the purity, underground, desert, underground desert, and the corruption is understandable.

He reclaimed his trust worthiness but defeating the veil spiting eater of worlds, the king of the corruption was to elusive of the lord to track down and kill and after a while the hero took the battle of the world to the bone bare evil no good cursing pile of bones its magic was too good for the lord himself to deal with and as a bonus the old man was freed from skeletron cures that bounded him to the dungeon lord and the hero stole his treasure and slain the inhabitants of the dungeon and to the lords surprise the hero dug straight to the underworld.

The hero then in the underworld started to make a bridge across the underworld “what a surprise a bridge in the underworld?!” but then after throwing a mysterious object into the lava a wall of flesh appeared, it was hideous, massive and disgusting!

After the battle the world changed in a strange indescribable way that after it happened he attracted the attention of 3 machines of might,sight and fright,They waged war against the hero and died in a massive explosion of metal and the hero had gained the title of the hero of worlds

And after this he went to the jungle and crushed a bulb with the flat end of his pick and then proceeded to kill a giant normally gentle plant that held a key to the lizard temple and solar coven locked up due to the incompetence of the ability to live equally with the lunar coven.

The hero unlocked the temple door and invaded the temple and looted and destroyed the golem ultimately destroying the solar coven, then duke fishron tempted with his favorite snack.

Then the horror all started with the lunatic cultist after killing the lords followers.He challenged the cultist and won.then lord had sent down his army to claim the planet and then bring back the hero for removal of what makes him immortal to remove him from life but all did not go well when the hero retaliated and destroyed the pillars that where to sink into the earth and make it suitable for the lord to lower his hand to the earth and take the hero.

The hero collected the fragments and crafted them into powerful weapons then at the final loss of the pillars in which the hero did not destroy the pillars fast enough so the lord manifested into a waist,leg and footless manifestation of himself.the moon lord fought valiantly but the battle ended up in the death of the manifestation and the evil immortal became the ruler of the world.

The end!... for now!
entry for writing section!

Last edited:
Entering under the Creative Writing category.

So much regret weighs heavily upon my heart as I pass on to the hereafter. We were so close. So close to finally ending this madness and righting our wrongs. We sacrificed much to keep his power and soul locked away. Some of us sacrificed our very humanity to this end. Became vile shadows of our former selves. Left behind friends and family to keep him, our god, from returning after being sealed so long ago in that lonesome place. The Dungeon, it was called. It weighs heavily to say that we were the cause of so much grief and suffering upon our world’s people. If given the choice, given much more time, we would have found another way. Cursing one of our own, forcing him to harbor the god of the undead, making a deal to allow the use of his power to resurrect the dead to protect the halls of that place. It was all completely unforgivable but, to us, necessary. He wasn’t the only one we cursed. The old man guarded our once sacred temple where our god’s very soul resided. The other kept his power sealed away deep within the depths of our world. Of us all, he suffered the most drastic of transformations and became a being that would later be called the God of Eternal Nightmares. Although, some shadow of what he once was lingered in the world above, helping those who he appeared before.

It all went down hill when that so called “hero” came along. Released the old man from his torment, banished the beast within him, and ransacked our sacred halls. Little did they know the chain of events they unwittingly created that would one day release his power that we worked so hard to seal for all of eternity. It wouldn’t be very long before the seal deep within our world would too be broken. Both our former god’s soul and his power were reunited and slowly regained strength. Soon, we would be forced to act lest a great disaster, our god’s full revival, would befall our world and threaten to destroy it. We had heard that the Cult of the Sun’s temple had been raided, its members slain, and the same with their so-called god. That hero’s power was growing, and rapidly. It wasn’t long before they confronted us while in a midst of a ritual that we hoped would once again seal his vile power and prevent his return. Those who partook in this ritual were slain, murdered in cold blood. When I happened upon the scene, I had little choice. I would force myself through the same ritual that we put one of our own through to seal that vile power within me. A rash decision and one that I would quickly regret upon its completion.

As I completed the ritual, I spoke to the hero as madness crept and took over my mind. I asked, how did they know they were ready for what would happen next? Did they know what they were doing? The harm they were causing to our world? Most of what I wanted to say was lost as I lost my senses and control over my body to his vile influence. I lashed out, aiming to kill this hero. I saw first hand the power the hero possessed as our god made use of all that I knew of the arcane and dark arts against them. It would seem that even it felt threatened by this hero and desired their death. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be enough. I was killed, released from my earthly bonds and from the madness of my mind. Our god’s power now ran completely rampant. I think them not as a hero but as a crazed fool who knows not what they are doing but I pray, as I pass on, that they succeed where we failed. We only wanted what was best for our world. As I fade, I see the towers appearing and feel a presence. I can only hope that my soul passes on before he arrives. Death is better than what he has in store for our world.

Credit to @MolochMekkane for helping me in editing this.

Last edited:
A submission for Writing
`:happy:
The legend lies to where the legendary clothier went ... Ok Seth you get it we just don't where he go . :rolleyes:(Seth)- But Ms how if he is a legend suppose shouldn't it be not true or a myth . %:sigh:(Ms.Dryad)- The whole point i talk to you about this is its myth just a story the last time they seen him was around 100 years ago. 12 Years later ... At a bar :cool: - yo babe need protection get me 100% real no scam :D ... :nursegrin:- Ok how much a month ... :cool:- 666 Dollars a month . :nursewink: - (Whispers) Got it heres the slip . Its reads "The old man he is wise to find him now go to the dungeon and you will see " :joy: - Where are you going o_O- To the dungeon :joy:- At night? :indifferent:-Of course :joy:-666 .:eek:-How do you know the secret code .:joy: Its because i disguised 666=:redmunch:
/ \
:eek: Oh my gawd the old man
:redmunch:- Your the chosen one i suppose
:eek:- What chosen one
:redmunch:- You have that on your face just like your granfather
o_O - My grandfather?
:redmunch:- Yes the legendary clothier
:eek:- What????
:redmunch:- He was sented to the underground temple to rescue the nurse:nurse:
:redmunch:- He failed so the golem cursed him
o_O- So can i find him anywhere
:redmunch:- Yes somewhere
:redmunch:(Fading away) The key lies in the t..
o_O- What a weird guy
Meanwhile when he reaches the dungeon
o_O- The door is locked ??
:rolleyes:- Ohh the key lies in the t
:confused:- T???
:eek:- IS it the temple
Meanwhile when he reach the temple
:golem:- What do you want the chosen one
:indifferent:-The key to the dungeon
:golem: Then you must defeat me
Meanwhile when golem was almost defeated because of a excalibur :indifferent: found
:golem:- Please let me live ill give you the key
Achievement unlocked - Get a key
Achievement unlocked - Make golem beg
Meanwhile back to the dungeon
o_O-So how do i open this
De de de Da Achievement Unlocked - Open a door
o_O- Whatttt??
:cool:- Finally opened
:eek: - OMG SKELETRON
:eek: - Majlededokholo666
Achievement unlocked - Skeletron defeated
-_- -Good i said something random
:D - LOLOLOLOLOLOL
:redmunch:- Now the lunatic cutlist faces you
-_- - Okkkk let me rest for a bit
2ahd17r.gif
- I see your power the chosen one
2ahd17r.gif
- Ill give up :D
2ahd17r.gif
- You have to kill the moon lord to find your grandfather
Achievement unlocked - Lunatic cutlist gived up :D
(Lunatic cutlist) - He will spawn in 30 second just so you know lololol (Trolled)
:eek:- WTFFFFFFF!!!!!!!
The Impending doom have awoken!
Moon_Lord.png

Seth was killed by Phantasm Ray
Achievement unlocked - Get killed by Moon lord
:red2: - Congrats you beated the game and found your grandfather
:sigh:- Haven't even seen him yet and kill him
:red2: - OH hell naw you beated the game THE END

Last edited:
- Art (traditional medium, digital, sculpture, etc)
here is my entry for art category!
I started making digital drawing a few weeks since terraria 1.3 came out and i never draw anything that is not related to terraria since then. thanks for everyone in the community that help me improve my drawing skill so i can finally made these ^^

"The Lunar Lord Relic Weapons"
FAbbHoe.jpg

Last edited:
Writing Category

I have been playing Terraria ever since 2012 and I LOVE it.

As soon as I heard about the 1.3 update I looked all over the Internet for any extra information I might want to know. I also watched many many streams on the update.
When I started playing the update I said "WOW THAT"S SO COOL!" about 1000 times. Whenever i come home now I set goals for myself like lets kill the next boss or find another Yo-Yo, yo(u) know. One of my favorite parts of Terraria 1.3 and Terraria in general has been its music especially the Day Theme and Underground theme these are the most played and my most favorite. I love that you guys decided to "upgrade" the textures of lots of the potions these textures are phenomenal. I think that the slimes with items are really a nice touch which reminded me of the slime monster in the "Monsters vs. Aliens" movie by Pixar.

Overall Terraria 1.3 has made me really enjoy the game and my life because one time I was taking a math test and i just thought of the cats from Meowmere flying by and giving me answers so I giggled and was able to ace the test even though I despise of Math.

- Writing, prose
a bit of mystery and slightly horror.

The Undying Heroine and the Wish of a Cursed Man
You wouldn’t believe me, but in my days I was such a lady killer, I had a great house, and hosted the greatest parties. Liqueurs from all around the world and the most exotic cuisine was served every night. But with excess… comes lost. My debts pilled up and the friends lingered. Soon I was in a hurry for money, sold all my pets, all my gold and gems, all my paintings.

But it wasn’t enough, so I fled, I escaped my fate 'till I found a self claimed heroine, she wore nothing more than tin armor and wield a wooden sword. She claimed to all gods she one day free the world from evil. I was in love.

I moved with her and a few traders. Soon she started wearing silver, and wielding great broadswords; but one night a cyclopean creature appeared floating from the west. The heroine call us all, and instructed to stay inside the house. I wanted to help, but she forced me to stay.

She was fast and skilled, with her silver bow pierced the monstrosity and his beastly minions she could win! I cheer her from a window! she was gonna kill the beast! But then the creature lurch and revealed a mouth filled with razor sharp fangs replacing his cornea.

Panic crossed the face of my dear heroine, she was tired and hurt. I rush for the door, but it was blocked with stones. Probably by the heroine to prevent the creature from entering the house, i dug my way through the stone just to find her dead.

I decided to bury her body and build a memorial in that very place. Diseased as she was my heart cried every night.

Until one day a stranger crossed paths with me and offer me a deal. If i were to build him a dungeon he would revive the heroine. He was dressed with a blue robe and a bone-white beak mask.

You are nuts! – I screamed, he stood silently until he revealed a little prism. He rise it and a powerful beam of light traversed the sky. Then he slowly pointed west with the prism and following it, the beam, that vaporized everything in the way.

I decided to accept his offer. And began designing the structure he want, when everything was ready to start he gave me a book of skull. Tattered and old, it let me rise an army of undead to help me in my task. After the second week he returned to see the progress.

-add traps, as many as possible, intruders must die.- Before I could argue anything he showed a glance of the prism. So I stay silent, until he left. By the sixth week the workers had everything done, and the job was finished. The stranger appeared and following was the heroine. An ominous aura surround her, and the death never leave her. But the joy in me was big and being surround death had make me lethargic. I hug her but she started shaking. I finally understood the foulness of my actions.

An abject soul entered my body. I tried to resist but it was all futile. I roamed the lands in front of the dungeon I build, in hope of a hero to save me, but they all failed and die before sunrise.

That’s my story, and I warn you “hero”, to prepare before facing Skeletron. It’s almost night time; you have to free me, free me from my curse, free me from… her…

Edit: shortened, and corrected words and phrases. Added the cultist. Also there is a reason behind the heroine turning abject (evil), but im not telling.

Last edited:
Here is mine. It has now been replaced, by a grand epic!
I draw my unfamiliar blade, my fellow priests milling anxiously behind me. The doors to our blue-lit halls creak as yet another rocket was fired at it, but it still yet held. One of those behind me burst into tears, collapsing to his knees as screams crept in from outside. The scuff of boots heralded one of the others help him back to his feet, none of us having the luxury to worry. They were bound to have finished reloading.

A woosh from outside makes my eyes widen. I turn to the others, screaming a warning at the crowded hall, “Run! That was just a warning sh-” The rest of my sentence was drowned out by a plume of flame, the crimson heat surging around me as the door flies through the air, hurtling me along with it.

With a sickening crunch my body impacted the wall, acting almost as a signal for the other priests to flee. Our soldiers already fought bravely outside, and only the most devout followers of the Lord of the Night remained behind. They were ill suited for battle, but were needed none the less. My eyes glaze over as I see more of the enemy force charge in, each armed in all manner of guns and complex armour. The Solar Coven was winning.

I can feel the life ebbing out of me, but I am not about let that stop me. As the soldiers ran past, I take up the blessed blade Muramasa in my gloved hand once more. Those that came in last stop as I adjust my mask. I hear a hum of energy from the group as one of them raises a Flower of Fire, embers already fanning to life around it as I brace myself.

And then, with the resounding ring of metal upon bone, a Hammer flew past my head to cave in one of the intruders. The enchanted weapon spun in the air, before returning to the fist of the imposing warrior who was already crushing another foe into the wall with their gilded shield and massive strength.

My shortness of breath wrings ragged shakes through my body, making it hard to keep on my feet as I beckon the Paladin over. “The Church of the Moon can not hold out much longer... Please, go down to protect those that pray still. Our pleas may yet be heard.”

The colossal champion who defended our belief nodded solemnly, before trudging down below. I gaze out to the battlefield through the smouldering remains of the entrance, finding myself confronted by a field of bodies. Followers of the Moon lay everywhere, warriors of the Solar Coven hunting our few survivors down relentlessly. The enormous silhouettes of the Golems now dominated the horizon, their forms lit only by the flashes of the flame that spewed from their mouths.

I weep at the sight as I fall to my knees, just as my fellow believer had just before. The light of the Moon falls upon my face as it rises to its peak, not quite at its full this night.

I briefly think I see a flicker in the sky as I gaze upon the Gibbous Moon. Afraid of some new assailant raining down upon us, I sweep my gaze across the skies. Yet once again I catch a glimpse, four black specks growing ever closer.

The Four Celestial Towers each ripple with their own unique energy as crash down upon the sea of corpses, the very sight of which leaving me with no reaction but to rest my jaw down on my chest. Those I can still see out on the battlefield begin to fight with renewed vigour, and I feel a wave of energy wash over me with a revitalizing calmness.

From the Pillars spill out an assortment of strange soldiers, each of them garbed in glowing armour that hurts my eyes to behold. Some charge past to stab at our foes with flaming spears, armour burning as ferociously as their battle rage. Others take to the sky with guns that spray explosive shrapnel, almost every shot fired finding it’s mark. Others direct the flow of battle from the back of the group, also sending purple waves of energy flying at anyone to slip past our lines. And the remaining group stay back, helping the wounded and dying as they pulse with a light not unlike the pale Moon.

One of the beings swathed in blue as I feel myself beginning to fade away, for the soothing power of the Towers is not enough for me to ignore my wounds. A firm hand upon my chest makes me feel safe, the mysterious soldier sending waves of warmth through me. It is time for me to rest now...

Our Lord has heard us, and we are saved.

Last edited:
I am in. A bit rushed, but still.

A paladin gazed into the faint light coming from above his head. He had stood in that same spot just how many times before, but he realized something, only now: How much he has lost, and yet, how little he truly had.

How much worth is one human life? In a world with a million different creatures, each one special, each one unique, how is one person of any value? When a being is just a collection of matter and energy, their movements and so-called "sentience" the only thing separating them from rocks and dust, how can any life be thought of as important?

I had companions, although little family. I had a kingdom, yet lost was their humanity. Because those that were called civilized went against everything the human race represented, and stabbed in the back not only my order, but God himself. Maybe they just understood that we truly weren't worth a coin; that life is meaningless. My armor: once symbol of righteousness, order, worth of respect, worth of remembrance; later, the mark signifying my imprisonment; in reality is just metal, fruit of the Earth. Magical metal, yes. Magic and technology make for some very beautiful metal, one can agree. But it is just that: Hard stone. Adamantium is strong stone. Tungsten is a weak and conductible stone. We are no more fruit of the Earth than slimes or dirt, and someone knew this.

I lament that I won't see the true light of day again. I lament not being able to taste water, be comforted by a bed, feel the breeze, or embrace a human being. I lament the death of every person I ever knew. I mourn for these things, every second.

I lament that my armor is now weld by a monster. It now sparkles with the gleam of death unto the eyes of my victims. It wasn't meant to be this way: Not according to the morals of a human. A cruel god decided it should be this way. A cruel god thought it was a good idea to punish the innocent for the deeds of the evil.
It raises the question: Who is the evil.

Because if a god acts in a way that can be considered evil; is the god innately crazed, or are our morals wrong? Who is in the wrong? Were the skeletons that accompany me here in the wrong, was I wrong?

An armor, a hammer, a shield, and a curse. One of the things I carry is not like the other: Three of them were creations of men whose materials were formulated by God: the other, is the act of a god itself. Three of them are neither good nor bad, but can act in either way, while the fourth I am not sure of. Because every single one of my notions start to fall apart once I consider the fourth. Because the fourth holds so much more meaning, hidden beneath its brutal appearance.

A kingdom praises their king. Their king watches over the kingdom. Their king betrays his people.
A cultist group worships a god. A god watches the Earth. A god punishes both its disciples and those of their race.
A place of enlightenment is turned into a dungeon. Its blue walls covered in rot and blood. Its halls made dark, its people torn of their flesh and mind.

I look into the single beam of light that falls from the surface. I touch the barrier that prevents my escape. I feel my face which has decayed with the millennia. I hold on tight to the hammer that tried to protect the human race. And think. I think of the things that I did right, and wrong. I think of the things I lost and lament. I think about the true meaninglessness of reality and this world. Hearing the undead roar in the shadows and screech in agony, I think that Cthulhu might think the same, and that is why it did this. I think its cultist disciples believed the same, in a way which transcends a normal human being's desire to live and let others live. They weren't human the moment they took that decision. The mad god wasn't human the moment it was born. I am not human anymore, because of those two before me.

And I think some more: Maybe existence is just a game of gods and pawns. Maybe the gods are also the pawns of some bigger gods. Maybe Cthulhu itself, while thinking it has won and has great power, is also a worthless being. And here I stand, beneath the Earth, in the lowest of positions; no value, no escape, no hope. Yet I hope my supposition is the case. Because if that were the case, it means nobody won. Cthulhu might just as well be dead, like I am now.

WaterCandle.png

Last edited:
I have arrived.

Title: Based on a True Story

The final Pillar crackled and hissed, slowly fading back into the ethereal void from which I could only assume it came from. Pain still coursed through my body, and what little function my brain could still perform was distracted by the whispers and purrs that drifted about me. But all of that was drowned out by the terrible feeling coating my entire body with fear. Drearily gazing into my mirror to return to my base, my vision shook and quaked. I shuffled into the large, shoddily constructed building, clutching my Vortex Beater hard enough to cut my palm and draw a small amount of blood. I barely even noticed the pain. Impatiently shoving a handful of coins into the Nurse’s hands, I impatiently gulped down the few pills she gave me in return. It helped with the pain, at least. Stumbling outside, I muttered a stream of curses as I hit my toe against a rock. This was going fabulously, I could already tell. I gasped as my vision shook again, almost throwing me off balance. Two. I didn’t have long, now. I pulled out a shimmering, multi-colored apple and took a large bite. I mounted the shimmering steed that appeared before my very eyes and pulled a few clips of ammo made with the strange stuff the Crimson monsters had dropped. The stuff appeared to soften armor, so I figured it was probably in my best interests to use it. If my past experiences had taught me anything, that thing’s hide was pretty tough. Ech, anyway, back to the point. I rode the unicorn to the large strip I’d dug out days before, and waited. And then I felt the universe bending around me, and there it was. In a brilliant flash of light, a giant man cut off at the waist towered over me, and I started running. I’d heard stories and seen pictures, but the huge being behind me still took my breath away. It was scary, sure, but apparently this big ol’ guy dropped the best loot around. I’d seen it a little with my own two eyes: A man had shot an entire Flying Dutchman out of the sky with only a second of concentrating with a lil’ crystal no bigger than my hand. I had to get my hands on some of that. After making a suitable amount of distance to the guy, I set my mount on a path directly ahead and turned around to fire up on the thing’s hands. Or rather, the eyes inside the hands. Don’t ask me, I don’t make this stuff up. I just kill it. After making what I would say was a considerable amount of damage to one of the eyes, it opened the one in the middle of its head and sent out a big ol’ beam. As I prepared to jump off the unicorn and let my wings carry me to safety, it made itself painfully aware that I had not made my track quite long enough. As my unicorn hit a wall head on, I was tossed through the air before I could react. And then a giant laser passed over me, incinerating my body and crushing my dreams at the same time. I woke up in my bed after a short blackout, and grumpily got up to go do it all over again. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom